Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=53X72H7fVQI&t=1337s&ab_channel=Whirlytunes
youtube.com/watch?v=GHnYGVrWhio
youtube.com/watch?v=tLxDRePUwEY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just keep tryin'.

it's mellow electronic music you can put on for any occasion

Its a capo I think.

i didn't either at first, i just thought it sounded cool, but then something clicked and now I love it. It's weird how that happened,

theres a lot of different aphex twin sounds. like, lush ambient textures with distorted blown out bass. or crazy industrial ravey sounding acid techno. or classic idm/breakbeat. the list goes on

idk just keep listening to different songs and you'll find something you'll really like unless you aren't really into older sounding electronic music

>the list goes on

youtube.com/watch?v=53X72H7fVQI&t=1337s&ab_channel=Whirlytunes
There's more variety in compilations like these. Sure you'll find something in here.

And, to be fair, you have to be at least a bit ADD to really enjoy this I think

this is unreleased trash

Some of them have had proper releases by now. It's not trash, he just didn't put them out because he's got too much music, and probably didn't wanna share everything he had back then. This is mostly all from the '90s, so he doesn't really care that people copy it anymore probably

a lot of it is inferior to actual releases so makes no sense to rec to someone who is just beginning to listen to this music

i don't think it's inferior at all. Some of it's even better than his analogue bubblebath stuff imo
but i get what you're saying. just thought i'd share this instead of the obvious saw/care because you do/rdj combo

true dat, all his material is worthwhile. very hard to know what a potential new listener will gravitate to initially. some people only like the pretty alberto balsam and film stuff and will never get the techno

me neither OP it just sounds average to me. But I guess he was one of the first people to do it like that and it became very popular

it's a simple, slow-burning and elegantly pretty bit of history like how people can still play an old mario game. try later albums for more complex and cool tracks that made him considered a legend. his music is very pretty and organic for what was basically techno and a lot of others did it with no real emotion. his best tracks evoke real emotions.

that's it. he manages to make synths and computer bleeps sound organic, human and alive. Although he sometimes chooses to sound cold as well, like in saw 2. Although Lichen is one of the most organic, human sounding things he's ever done, on the same album. Same with Come to daddy. Harsh industrial noise followed by flim, also one of his most human tracks. I don't know, just these two sides to him that have always kept me interested

yes indeed, we are true aphex dorks

listen to the song nannou off this. genius and so gorgeous
youtube.com/watch?v=GHnYGVrWhio

Ageispolis is VERY fun to play on keyboard

just tip it already and begone

Yes, only heard that one recently. That's what I mean with the organic sounding. I bet he made all those sounds himself on a synth

dude builds his own synths and played every note on a violin to put in a power pc for richard d james album so he could sample himself, it's always organic.

this...

he was 19, one of the tracks he made age 14 and nobody heard shit this way before. he wasn't really influenced by anything because he didn't have many records and nothing like what he made

You don't have to "get it" if it doesn't work for you.

he was living in the middle of nothing, a city Called Cornwell. All the electronic music at that time couldn't reach him.
Yet he made Didgeridoo. He was at the right time, in the 'wrong' place. But being so far from the proper scene, made Richard's unique style

cornwall. it's a little county in the uk.

He was clearly influenced by 808 State. Pacific State is one of the signature tracks of 1989 and one of the first ambient house tracks ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=tLxDRePUwEY