So this has apparently been filming for months. I had no idea. Any excited? Not excited? Indifferent?

So this has apparently been filming for months. I had no idea. Any excited? Not excited? Indifferent?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/blade-runner-2-construction-worker-killed-after-set-collapses-in-hungary-a7211206.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just seems unnecessary but I'll be seeing it, love Gosling

not really all that excited for a CGI Blade Runner

also this unnecessary sequel has already cost someone their life:
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/blade-runner-2-construction-worker-killed-after-set-collapses-in-hungary-a7211206.html

This. I like everyone involved with the project. I just wish they were collaborating on an original sci-fi project. There's way too much baggage involved in making a Blade Runner sequel.

>Villanueve directing
>only seen sicario and prisoners but they're both nice and dark with decent cinematography
>ford has limited role
>gosling might just go full drive autist instead of actually performing

Hmm. Could be alright, but after seeing my old favorites like alien(s) and Star Wars have abysmal 2010's extensions I'm still very skeptical. At the very least Villanueve seems like someone who actually cares about his craft, though, so I guess there's hope.

Don't forget...

>Hampton Fancher writing it
>Roger Deakins on cinematography
>Jóhann Jóhannsson scoring
>limited interference from Riddles

It'll probably be good. It just doesn't need to exist.

>will take 33 years to film

guaranteed kino

Blade Runner is already overrated pretentious garbage. I have no expectations for this

couldn't disagree more except I also have no expectations for this

>pretentious
know what words mean before you toss them around faggot

You can't improve on a perfect movie.

But I'll see it anyway.

Why? He is terrible. He is one of those actors who can only act themselves. The only reason why people like him is Drive and he was good in Drive because he had minimal acting to do

That's actually a lot like Harrison.

except Harrison has charm and charisma

Even so I think Harrison is a better actor. He fills the grumpy middle-aged guy role well. What role does Ryan Gosling fill besides being autistic

Not in Blade Runner.

I also like OGF, Lars and the Real Girl, and The Nice Guys

Still need to watch Lost River

It doesn't need made, and especially Deckard, he shouldn't be there. Let him stay mysterious.

Like all of these 'revival' movies, it'll ride the coat tails of The original (which NO normies like or have even seen).

No one actually cares about blade runner either though the goose may get asses on seats.

Still, I'm not at all excited. Blade runner is a quaint, comfy and special film and a product of it's time, I love it a lot.

Everything is made now for nostalgic purposes for audience who - largely - weren't even alive when the films were made.

Sorry to keep hammering this but I think Gosling was absolutely cringeworthy in Nice Guys. Maybe more to do with the script but I didn't like his acting at all

Mixed feelings. I'd be perfectly content without it.

Sounds more like those poor yuros fucked it up for not following the safety instruction

fair enough

>all those years and I still don't understand bladerunner
So the protagonist was garf's robot right?

Confused. The article says Harrison Ford reprises his role as Deckard, yet it also says its a reboot.

Yes in blade runner. He was quite dynamic, albeit understated. He was at times apathetic to love and at others rapey. And he was at times indifferent to the case and at others obsessed with it.

Gosling in drive shows nowhere near that range. He's just calm and then sort of angry.

it's one of those 'soft reboots' I think, where it's technically a continuation but also does its own thing and isn't beholden to previous films or their storylines.

They just finished filming actually. I'm pretty excited, even though I wasn't a huge fan of the original. Villeneuve and Deakins is a recipe for something visually entertaining; I'm especially interested in how Deakins will how handle the sci-fi genre.

>i don't understand subtlety in performances
It's the same reason people fall for the Mads Mikkelsen meme.

>doesn't matter if the actor is not talented enough to play a wide cast of roles, it's up to you to figure out what's different this time

I know not to get my hopes up, but this image gets my dick hard. I WANT TO BELIEVE

>4 white males