My lord?

My lord?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RbJHfJNM3AQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's wrong with his face?

Where the fuck is his nose? Is he a burn victim? He just looks like he smells really bad and he can't even tell.

They wanted him to be more "snake like".

What? No it's just me in one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

More like a steamed dumpling

Go post that image in /lit/ or Sup Forums. Guaranteed replies.

I require your wand

best Voldemort calling in

>things that are only ever said on Sup Forums

Wait a minute.. why does he have a nose there, but not when he's fucking whole?

You must be new here

because its entirely different....how about that, that face shit on the back of his head is not conventional magic

because he lost a bit of himself whenever he came back to life. each time it used up a portion of his soul

no idea. In the first book he didn't have a nose either so it's a bit of a strange decision.

It's like something out of Goosebumps. Cute.

I like how JUSTed and disheveled Luscious looked in the last couple films. Fascism is pretty exhausting.

Why are all bad guys in harry potter white and blonde?

white genocide

I think he might be my favourite character in all these movies. I feel sorry for him too, he was such a 'nice' smug villain who reminded everyone of how TURBO evil Volesmort was (supposed to be).

Steiner..

youtube.com/watch?v=RbJHfJNM3AQ

I remember, as a kid, finding the book description of his face so unsettling, I shut my eyes on the reveal when watching the VCR.
When I opened them I was slightly dissapointed

I don't know who you are plagiarizing, but that's a pretty shitty justification for Harry Potter being "terrible". Because of the writing style? That's like saying Fight Club was terrible because it was produced more as an action-thriller than a psychological-horror. Yea it ended up being a pulpy edgy movie for teenagers but it also captivated a generation.

Along those same lines, Harry Potter had strong characterization. and it effectively established a cozy ambiance and captured the feelings and anxieties of youth. Sure it wasn't a literary masterpiece, but making it with flowery language and complex themes would have alienated the children for which the book was designed.

But then, it's fun to be a contrarian. It makes it seem like your opinions seem more interesting than they are.

>whole series is a prove that females have zero understanding about males

>That's like saying Fight Club was terrible because it was produced more as an action-thriller than a psychological-horror.

No it isn't, that analogy doesn't even make sense you ape

Young Voldemort had dark hair, Bellatrix Lestrange has dark hair, Barty Crouch Jr. has dark hair, Peter Pettigrew does to...

>plebs still dont know more than half of these are kino

They're purebloods, duh.