Rogue One

> Jyn hides in a dirty hovel as a child after one of her parents is killed - Right out of "Idi I Smotri"
> Cassian eradicates compromised agent like a Cheka agent
> Saw is PTSD-fucking-crazy
> Jedha is a city of dirty space sandniggers
> Cassian is not a moralfag and tries to obey orders like a proper soldier
> Black senator was a craven coward so terrified ny the Death Star that she wanted to surrender
> Battle of Scarif is brutal and IIRC talked about some tactics - "flanks"
> Essentially depicts a political conflict between Imperials and the Rebel Alliance in which war is but another tool of politic rather than some epic "good vs evil" clash
> Galaxy actually is stable in some parts because of the Empire and this is acknowledged
> I related to K-2SO
> Only con is that it didn't feel "real enough"

K I N O M I N U S

Also felt climax and ending were decently executed and had some weight to it. Watching MC's and Rebels get rekt made the victory feel earned.

You related to K-2. Did you also like Sheldon Cooper?

how did they die

Some get blaster shot, a lot get hit by grenades and what remains get shot by the death star.

With a blast

Mostly thermal detonators or death star laser, vaporisation is a recurring theme.

Rebels are killed fighting in a space battle and during a base raid where they had to act as a distraction as MC's steal DS plans.

Main dudes from trailer die in this fight, either shot or blow up. Jyn and Cas (pic) transmit plans but as stranded on planet and are killed when Death Star fires a low charge beam to destroy base they were raiding.

are* stranded

so rey is their kid

No one in this film is her parents, since they all die 35+ years before Force Awakens. Jyn most likely die a virgin.

>stranded on planet and are killed when Death Star fires a low charge beam to destroy base they were raiding.
Besides, Rey is Kylo's twin sister

I am one with the force, the force is with me

Just got out of the cinema. Fuck guys! This movie was awesome. Better than episode 7. The last scene with darth vader kicking ass gave me a fucking excitement boner.

Best SW film outside original trilogy

Yeah, but I still would put episode III right next to it because it brings me good memories and nostalgia.
This movie did what episode II failed to do and that is a proper land war.

Wait so the chick in this movie isn't even Rey's mom?

WTF was the point of making this thing then??

Money

No she isn't. The movie gives more significance to the beginning of episode 4 and more context. Can't complain, the movie was good.

REEEEEEEEEEeeeeeee

No opening crawl really bothered me.... like it others me more then any other issue with the movie... also the title screen they did have is the most embarrassing thing ever

This movie made me realize that JJ Abrams is not that good at making star wars movies.

It had a different opening because it was not an episode...

So whats his story? Is he a jedi? Failed jedi? Or just a monk who they dont explain why he is into the force so much?

He was one of the last protectors of the crystal temples or some shit.

Its not a bad area to make a movie in, that scene about them stuck with me as a kid from rotj

>its shills trying to pretend a soulless turd shat out by a corporation is in anyway good

I bet you love batman vs superman didnt you

what nigger? we're talking about star wars being a soulless turd just like force awakens

Lol, you forgot to go on about the anti-white plot constructed by the jewish overlords. At least you tried.

Are you the type of hipster that only enjoys indie movies or something? Making movies is lucrative, ofcourse the incentive is to make money.

JJ Abrams is not that good at making movies.

you and everyone else in this thread damn well know you are going to see it.

>2 shills trying to defend terrible movie
no, you SJW with a perceived victim complex, i said nothing of the sorts. the movie is just a soulless turd shat out to make money, with no vision or direction or purpose other than to rake in that money

best star wars movie since episode VI
>jedi lore (kyber crystals)
>actual weight to the fighting instead of heros zapping baddies
>incredible world building

if you're hating just wait until downloads come out and skip past the plot exposition to the action

yeah maybe when the dvd is leaked like 3-5 months from now
the force awakens was so fucking forgettable and not worth talking about

Right user, sure...
What is your favorite movie and why is it not a made by a studio just to make money?

no, TFA was a soulless piece of shit, there was effort put in to this and killing of everyone instead of having a happy ending was a clear compromise on next years SW lego series and I can respect that.

Is it an amazing movie? No, but its clear they knew it was not a main story movie and were willing to do things differently.

How much screen time does Donnie get

Not him but I'm not gonna. The novelty of a new Star Wars movie dried up with TFA and let's face it: TFA would have been labeled a mediocre movie if it hadn't been a Star Wars movie. Everything about Rogue One indicates that it will be another bland mediocre movie with a Star Wars sticker on it.

Gonna pirate it when they release the blu-ray

>2 shills still trying to defend turd

It's explained he used to be a guardian of some Jedi temple on Jeddah until said temple was destroyed by the empire.

A good amount. Joins during second act and is with main cast till end.

but we're not pretending user

>giving your money to disney... check
>shoehorned chinks for profits in chinkland... check
>main protagonist strong and independent space feminist bitch to appeal to "hehe I'm such a reddint nerd females".... check
>same old shit rehashed into plebian mouths to guarantee the invesment pays off for the corporations..... check

>another contrarian faggot

Giving credit where credit is due. Noone gives a fuck if you don't go see it

I think shitposting should be a bannable offense

>Ends with white man saving the day and getting the girl... che-oh...

The chick was not really forced like ray in episode 7 though.

I see what you did there...

What do you need set up? Its basically just a prologue to A New Hope

The jedi temple on Jedah was also a crystal mine to make lightsabers. The asian dudes were monks who protected the temple, but weren't actually jedi, just well-trained religiously devout warriors.

After the temple was sacked, they became beggars, but Ip-Man here still believed in the force as a benevolent guiding intelligence in the universe, even though he himself couldn't feel it.

I came when i saw it

Yeah, everything from touching down on the tropical planet was pretty good, everything beforehand was kind of lacking.

Why are you trying to so hard to make this look like something it isn't? The films was below average standard capeshit. Am I missing something?

I watched it due to unfortunate circumstances regarding a police move on order and I had to kill 13 hours before I could go home.
I knew nothing about it going in and didn't see the jew jew abrams one. Here was my experience.

>They say the name of the movie in the movie.
>The meme robot was SHELDOR PENOR XD tier
>I didn't even realise it was a prequel to episode 4 until the admiral fish dude received the death star plans near the end
>I didn't know who any of the characters were
>The meme blind dude was also close to SHELDOR PENOR XD tier but not quite as bad
>A lot of the characters died and I genuinely didn't care
>It had no hamfisted romance scenes which was nice
>It didn't feel very SJWey at all Sup Forums was wrong

Overall pretty good, went in expecting nothing and came out pleasantly surprised.

Sup Forums is _always_ wrong about these things. Haven't you learned that yet?

>I didn't even realise it was a prequel to episode 4

In what way would this movie is for SJW? Just because the protagonist is a chick? Next thing they say is that Alien is SJWish.

I genuinely knew nothing about it other than Sup Forums shitposts about EMPIRE = WHITE NATIONALISTS which turned out to be wrong.

I expected really good scenery
I got a warm tum thinking about it

>implying they are never night
that's like saying Syria general are always wrong

>>They say the name of the movie in the movie.
Do they really?

>Cassian is shown as ruthless and cold, but almost immediately falls for the Protagonist
>Monk dude and his friend tag along just 'cause
>K-2SO is likable, but you don't really get a feel about his interests or motivation either
I'm not saying these are plot holes, by the way. It's more like, it's as if the movie took for granted that all of the characters would group together to foil the Empire's plans, so it didn't put a terrible amount of effort into building momentum.

>K-2SO is likable, but you don't really get a feel about his interests or motivation either

it's a fucking reprogrammed droid

Rogue one is the name of the ship near the end of the movie

They just say "Rogue One".

>What's your callsign?
>Rogue... Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Say what you want about the rest of the movie, but that Vader scene at the end was perfect

[Flight plan agency]
>What is the name of your ship?

[middle eastern pilot]
>Rogue... Rogue One

[Flight plan agency]
>There is no Rogue One

[Sassy robot]
>There is now

*teleports away*

>Cassian is shown as ruthless and cold, but almost immediately falls for the Protagonist

Not really imo, they start neutral, end up not liking each other after her dad dies but end up gaining mutual respect. Them holding hands on a beach waiting for their deaths felt more like they had just come to be friends.

So what, C-3PO is a droid and you got a better grasp at his place in the story.

Just saw it, they just said Rouge
they nearly did it

How does a single relatively small corvette manage to push a massive destroyer?

>Flight plan agency

When she tries to save her father Cassian immediately goes "oh no she's in danger" and basically disobeys orders, despite the fact that he killed a dude in cold blood in the intro. He doesn't "fall for her" in the sense that he falls in love, but he definitely becomes really friendly over basically nothing at all.

destroyer's systems were shut down, it was nothing more but a big floating metal in space

"An object will remain at rest or in uniform motion in a straight line unless acted upon by an external force"
Space so no resistance to stop it.

Space engines bro. Besides, small towboats can move big ass ships in real life.

>Besides, small towboats can move big ass ships in real life.
Yes but they have like 3 to 10 tug boats per ship, and they are specially designed to have very high torque

Then how does it move the second destroyer that has perfectly fine engines?

The Empire is created at the very end of Episode 3 and collapses at the end of Episode 6, so the fact that the Empire was there at all should have been a big clue.

he disobeyed because he came to believe her claim about galen's hologram. i wouldn't call their relationship "very friendly" at all; even towards the end of the movie, it's really more of a respect and admiration between comrades

>Then how does it move the second destroyer that has perfectly fine engines?
They had momentum?
I don't know man, we are talking about star wars here, it is not about realism, there is sound in space fights for fucks sake.

I'm not a massive star wars fan ok? I only watched it because I needed to kill time.

Hello! This movie was very boring and you got no connection to the characters. Worst of the something.

Without being funny, out of all the bullshit in the plot that keeps things moving you choose this to complain about?

And again, he killed a man in cold blood over some orders, which establishes him as ruthless. If a person like him is willing to disobey orders over the personal safety of a person I'd say he became rather friendly for no reason.

>he came to believe her claim about galen's hologram
He could have believed her claim and still obeyed his order. He was willing to sacrifice other people, why not her? She had already told him everything she knew about the hologram anyway.

So is it good? Honest opinion, non of that JJ MADE THE BEST ONE EVER shit

Also how's the pander? Is it blindingly obvious?

i guess you're right. maybe it was done to show that he wasn't entirely ruthless. frankly i found his killing that agent kind of weird

I liked it. I think most of us can atleast conclude it was better that the one in episode 7.

I liked it a lot more than the Force Awakens. I can't really compare it to the others because it's been a while since I've seen it and well, it's a different kind of movie. It's quite spare and self-contained.

I'd probably put it below the originals, above the prequels, above TFA. After the villains and Empire and Vader in this I am a bit disappointed that we're going back to the First Order and Kylo Ren again.

It is less pandering and politicized than 7, but I can't say its not free of it completely. Disney quips were a bit cringe. 1st half is a bit on the dull side but climax and conclusion have tension and felt satisfying and made it worth seeing imo.

Not seeing it because of the muh white supremacy comments the director made.

>After the villains and Empire and Vader in this I am a bit disappointed that we're going back to the First Order and Kylo Ren again.
this. viii has big shoes to fill after this

ty Sup Forums but this is a different director

What did he said?

>maybe it was done to show that he wasn't entirely ruthless
I'm sure it was, and I'm not proposing that he should have been a complete callous bastard, the problem is that there should have been a better transition.

Second destroyer is stationary until it gets hit by the first one, the impact of which destroys most of the ship, puts its engines out of action and as there is no external resistance, it continues (at roughtly half the speed) downwards.

He didn't direct this one though

anyone got the link to darth vader wrecking rebels?