What's "post" about post-rock? Isn't it just instrumental rock?

What's "post" about post-rock? Isn't it just instrumental rock?

"Post" is a word nu-males cherish, and they're the main demographic intended toward the genre.

it actually doesn't have much to do with rock music except for them playing the same instruments. instrumental or not, post-rock is an evolution of rock music where it's no longer sexual or energetic - instead it's atmospheric and textural. the biggest difference is that post-rock doesn't care much about melodies - the actual notes - but rather the timbre.

it's "post" rock because it's an evolution - it came out of rock, seems a lot like rock, but isn't rock.

>Isn't it just instrumental rock?
No, have you only listened to GY!BE or something?

Oh wow, so it's prog?

It's a subgenre of prog

No because prog is for people that actually have sex lmao. Incel virgins listen to post-rock, alpha chads listen to prog. This is just a basic fact of life

No, prog cares about the notes

Can't you read?

It's not even rock.

>chads
>prog

pick one my friendo. chads listen to mindless edm, nu metal for nostalgia and not shit like prof

lol

No it's not shitty like rock.

t. prog-listening neckbeard virgin

this desu

Chad isn't meant to be taken literally.

t. has only listened to pleb third-wave post-rock

"Post-rock" is a buzzword invented by the music press, it's Whig history applied to rock. The same ideas that GY!BE, Talk Talk, Slint, etc. use were pioneered years before by people like King Crimson, Brian Eno, David Bowie, and so on. Even Mark Hollis said that his music would make more sense being released in the 1970s.

well, that's how it's defined - buzzword or not.

it's not exactly a secret considering how much the post-rock pioneers draw from the krautrock music of the 70's. i think modern post-rock is way less subtle than can or eno in terms of what it's about though - it's much more focused on these elements, instead of partly exploring them. the term is very useful to describe a certain music style that grew in the 90's, and hence has a place in our musical vocabularies- it certainly wasn't the first time it happened though.

bump

It has classical composition ya idiot

Post-Rock is the equivalent of Metal/Rocks version of Electronic music

wtf are you talking about?

True post-rock would actually be Krautrock

>true post-rock
most kraut is basically post-rock, doesn't mean post-rock isn't post-rock u doof
?
I thought we'd gotten rid of you quite a while ago. What the fuck are you even saying? Most post-rock has literally nothing to do with classical music

>I thought we'd gotten rid of you quite a while ago. What the fuck are you even saying? Most post-rock has literally nothing to do with classical music
was obviously meant for .