Please Help me become a Bjork Fan

So Sup Forums seems to be obsessed with Bjork and as someone who only knows her from the swan dress thing please tell me the best songs/albums to listen to so I can get a sense of her.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EimAfmb4igU
youtube.com/watch?v=u_RSlsnbCEM
youtube.com/watch?v=A8A9e4Lp0N0
youtube.com/watch?v=H_nbCgW0JIo
youtube.com/watch?v=WgBbJKiRxmc&ab_channel=MsWMGsucks
youtube.com/watch?v=ZfajMs8GLCA&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=Merlyns@ConcertChannel
youtube.com/watch?v=Iks_Emo2fVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

listen to this all the way through with headphones and you're there
youtube.com/watch?v=EimAfmb4igU

Will listen and respond with what I think

Start at Debut and listen chronologically. It's a great way to see how her sound changed and evolved to what it is presently. Once you get through Homegenic and you didn't like anything up to then, there's probably no need to go further.

chronologically from debut
and watch live performances on youtube too
youtube.com/watch?v=u_RSlsnbCEM

gotta try multiple tracks, she has different styles on every album
youtube.com/watch?v=A8A9e4Lp0N0

That's literally the last song from Post I'd give someone to start on. Tbh op just start with Debut it's actually really accessible.

This deserves to be listened in better format than that.

fuck debut. skip around or you will think she only has onee style and not understand why we are obsessed. she is amazingly gifted and has so many different tracks, if you just start with debut it's like nah maybe not rather than if you try hot tracks from every album you'll see she is a legend

OP Here, song was super calming. Definitely something that I could see myself falling asleep to (in a good way)

That's why I said to start there though. It's a real treat to hear how much she improved on the next two albums.

if you want to see how awesome she is keep sampling links here, they're all different and great for different reasons an she has an amazing voice and the production is always tops

but you might start there and be not into it and never discover the next stuff, so if you are asking how to become obsessed it is much easier to get to the hot tracks right off the bat, then if you are liking it dig deep into the albums and be even more blown away. otherwise you may start at debut and just give up and think that's all she's got when she has so much more

gorgeous genius shit
youtube.com/watch?v=H_nbCgW0JIo

Doing it that way worked well for me personally. Although I will admit to be turned off by Debut. It just made Post that much better though.

Is that how you get into new artists? I've always just started chronologically, it really is exciting to watch how an artist evolves when you have no idea what's coming. When I try to do that I just get stuck on the most standout era for me and never bother going further in.

getting into bjork's music is honestly one of my happiest music related memories
i distinctly remember the first time i listened to debut and i really did listen to it at just the right time in my life (this was when i was in secondary school, before i found out about Sup Forums)
i can definitely attribute what i listen to today back to when i got into her because she really did open my eyes

I was like ten when it came out and sat up all night to record the video for Human Behavoir and later Venus as a Boy on a VHS. Didn't get to hear the full album until Christmas that year, got the Debut CD, two Kate Bush CDs that I had on cassette, and my first CD player. Fuck yeah music memories! I wonder what I'd listen to now if not for Kate+Bjork.

Got into her as an 18 year old dude, and no not just because she's pretty. It's weird I didn't come across her earlier, she really fits the genres I'm into. I like her electronic stuff more generally, but this is my favourite song by her
youtube.com/watch?v=WgBbJKiRxmc&ab_channel=MsWMGsucks
Hauntingly gorgeous melody. She really pours her soul into her music

oh, and for maximum charm and cuteness, watch this one when she was in the sugarcubes.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZfajMs8GLCA&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=Merlyns@ConcertChannel
it's got the tv video in there as well

i very often discover somebody by a later album, like i didn't know kanye until late registration and loved it, then went back. then chronological because i was on board with him. but if someone is trying to get me into an artist, i like for them to play me shit they think will tickle me and i don't mind sampling different albums. say, or example, goldfrapp. if i never heard black cherry and somebody started me with felt mountain, i might think that's her style but black cherry to me is my preferable goldfrapp. so it was nice to have someone just give me a taste of different albums. this thread is cozy af

I watched dancer in the dark for the first time today lads
I literally felt numb
I just sat there staring for about 5 minutes
I've never cried so much at a film on my life

that movie killed me too. watched it with a couple people and we all cried and were in shock for hours. that was when it was new to dvd. have not been able to watch it again since.

now I'm gonna watch it out of morbid curiosity. Thanks in advance

youtube.com/watch?v=Iks_Emo2fVw