What did we think of Vader's appearance in Rogue One?

What did we think of Vader's appearance in Rogue One?

I thought he was great and the final scene of him slaying the rebels was fucking amazing

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11883062
scontent.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/15587656_359637867750015_8770508971472584704_n.mp4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zB0VptZyo48
vid.me/r5to
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First scene of him, He looked really weird, like they hadn't put his neck piece on correctly.

Was shit. Didn't move like a burned up guy in a life-supporting suit but just some fuck in a Vader costume that was probably in the theater audience at the time.

Think it was to show the early mask, before it got improved.
nice spoiler for those that havent seen it well done user.

There was only one way this movie would end.

not really , there could have been a few ways it ended. you just happened to be a spastic

First scene was ok, cool seeing him in a bacta tank and revisiting Mustafar. Still think its weird why he would hang out on the planet where he received such crippling injuries. The slight difference in his voice, movements and costume just threw me a bit to begin with, nothing major though.

The rebel slaying scene probably the hypest moment from any Star Wars movie. Incredible

TBBT meme tier pandering garbage

>member Vader's epic force choke :D

There was no reason for him to use that in said scene, other than horrible reddit pandering

His voice was pretty bad. James Earl Jones can't cut it anymore. They should have gotten an impersonator. Tarkin's voice was amazing for me.

White men cowering in fear and screaming in pain as they die- while women and POC save the day is not a political message

The Sith had some special magic reason for going back to Mustafar. That is where they trained jedi younglings to be inquisitors.

Also Vader has some kind of mental anguish fetish. The more he thinks about things that cause him pain the more power he has in the force. He tests his power to heal his lungs so he can live without the armor someday. Unfortunately whenever he reaches a climax of hateful thoughts he is able to breath, and that makes him happy, which ruins the magic.

I keep hearing about vader living on a volcanic world.

You sure it's not Sorusuub from Battlefront?

DUDE FAN SERVICE LMAO

They promised some horror-like experience, I expected something like Batman in BvS, which was first really terrifying Batman especially in his first appearance in the said movie.
Well it wasn't, it was more like Batman in Suicide Squad.
I mean it's still awesome, some new details like when he was in that tube, but it was not what I expected.

I also kinda like his massacre at the end, but at the same time it was a little too impressive for him to do. Like holding door, plus deflecting blaster fire with saber, plus pulling one guy up, plus reversing blaster with his bare hand using force. All at the same time, when even TFA anime crap like freezing blaster in mid-air was a trick without any intensive combat at the same time. I mean it's actually same problem as with TFA, but now with Vader. He knows very impressive stuff but never used it later.
In all 6 original movies there was only two options for Force user - either way he fights and using tricks like force push (like Maul) or just kicking (like Luke), or he just standing here doing impressiveness like moving big weights (Duku, Sheev, Luke) and pulling lightnings and throwing coming back saber (Duku, Sheev, Vader).
Also it seems like niggro with ropotic legs used compressed medichloreans to read people's minds. But guessed wrong people because he used Force without practice.
Medichlorean haters must burn.

What we never saw in the PT was those jedi vs non force-users, but every time they went against a force normie who wasn't Jango Fett or Grievous they absolutely BTFO'd them.

So I can totally see Vader, one of the most powerful jedi/sith of all time, absolutely pushing a bunch of force muggles' shit in when he's pissed off.

I don't care if it was just fan service. It was well done and it felt so good.

If anything, OT was kind of the problem because of the limitations at the time in effects/costumes/stunt work

Vader's the best. THE best. No other Jedi ever compared. Being on the opposite side of him in battle should be pants-shittingly terrible.

Empire Strikes Back does briefly hint at this, though - when Han shoots Vader three times with very good aim and reflex yet accomplishes absolutely nothing

I hope they make a VADER standalone movie

>He knows very impressive stuff but never used it later.
This is not a mystery. Vader was holding back in every single fight we see him in in ESB and RotJ. This isn't a retcon. This was the intent of the movies upon their release. Pay attention.

This. The part where he just stands back and pummels Luke with shit flying off the walls also sort of drove that home.

Vader felt off, his voice wasn't as menacing, yeah this film sucked a little. it was quite boring and felt like the same old shit. The cgi of princess Leia was dreadful .

Its Mustafar, it was basically confirmed by the guy who writes the official companion guide to the film

Was it as bad as ep 7?

don't spoil it god damn youse I'm watching it in 4 hours

USE SpOiLER TAGS FGT

SAGE

>coming to Sup Forums when every main character dies
lmao @ you cucks

Worse, a lot worse

Browsing Sup Forums when the biggest movie of the year has been out for almost 48 hours and expecting not to be spoiled

Its your own faults

TELL ME ABOUT VADER. WHY DOES HE VISIT THE LAVA PLANET?

As long as they killed a lot of fucking white males

The cool part in ESB is that he doesn't use his hands. He lowers his saber and just does it with his mind, no bodily gestures.

Funnily enough I think Vader has the highest CIS white male kill count

Vader stopped Solo's blaster with his bare hands in Empire though?

This
A standalone movie with Vader wrecking shit and hunting jedi scum would EASILY break the 1 billion mark

More like he absorbed it with a prosthetic limb.

it even showed mustafar on the lower right of the scene when the scene started.

Nah rebels are all faggots. :^)

Did this really happen?

don't be a faggot. you're on Sup Forums and a fucking idiot if you didn't expect a spoiler here of all places

I don't think Rowling-tier shit (even though I like HP movies) with muggles and mages was ever existed in pure Star Wars universe (movies only). Medichlorians are just kind of boost that make currency for intentional and amazing things. And guys with low medichlorians are just good at random luck (like Jango Fett, or Han Solo), but they are too using force.

Yeah but it always in both trilogies was like "and now I will put my lightsaber in holder and you will witness some miracles".

Yeah, I know, but I would be better for him to freeze Luke instead of throwing shit on him, or even catch him like in Robot Chicken, but maybe secretly he wanted Luke to win.
Man those films are awesome, both trilogies.

OT=/>PT=RO>>>sheisse>>TFA
Sad though that no Kyle Katarn.

>or even catch him like in Robot Chicken
I have it in my head canon that force users have a hard time using the force directly on other force users.

You literally see the laser get deflected away.

You can't reason with EU fags. They're retarded.

strawpoll.me/11883062

so does everyone die? I never want to see these characters again.

so why is he so slow when he fights obiwan shortly after?

as if the new fans are any different.

I already saw it you american cuck

I really want to see a movie that takes place directly after 3. Just seeing the transition to how the Republic turned into the Empire, how the early rebel alliance looked, sheev shenanigans

He was tired.

>Does everyone die

The only thing in this poster that survives is the death star

Is this true?

The end was kind of a Vader scene I always wanted but never realised until I saw it, if it makes sense. It's Vader vs. the Regular Joes and it shows why he's so scary - you can't do anything, there's nothing you can do that will stop him.

Makes the beginning hallway of A New Hope feel like a lot of pointless Stormtrooper deaths tbqh famalamadingdong.

No. 1 of those Star Destroyers also survives.

That is true!

scontent.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/15587656_359637867750015_8770508971472584704_n.mp4

Almost true, see On screen confirmed kills are all the main characters, 2 Star destroyers, 3 AT-ATs and countless other vehicles/ground troops

>mfw Vader purposely let stormtroopers die at the start of ANH without helping them cos he was hell pissed
Now this scene fully makes sense with how he sounds

>we want akira
>but with vader and less gore and 2000% more diversity

I have respect for Disney for allowing everyone to die.

Just as long as JJ stays far away from Star Wars, we will get good movies.

I.e. Rebels is the best show

he was a good friend.

>Release Vader Rogue One figure
>Don't have the title "Rogue One" on box nor on the figure stand
What did they mean by this?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zB0VptZyo48

>still managed to espace with plans
>they were attacked by Vader himself

> You sure it's not Sorusuub from Battlefront?

The Planet itself is called Sullest, and given the Imperial presence there, maybe

Why did he slowly fight the fag rebels when he was chasing them down, but then when he has them cornered in the intro to ANH he lets the stormtroopers do the dirty work? In the comics and in the OT he fights for prolonged periods of time without getting tired.

>in the OT he fights for prolonged periods of time without getting tired.
>I'm ignoring ESB and Jedi where the sound engineering and choreography very deliberately depicted Vader twice getting winded as he picked up pace throughout his fights with Luke.

I'm just saying he fought off Luke Skywalker just fine, but he has a tough time taking on 10 rebels. Don't get catty with me with your greentexting.

It's where he was born it full his power and rage

the only good scene with him was the one with the rebels

No the star destroyer at the bottom left survives

I'd really love to see a movie about him after getting the suit placed on him and training to be Sheev's apprentice.

It was decent I guess, but why did he let all those stormtroopers die in IV? You'd think he'd be a ok with fueling his darkside edge for 3 minutes longer. It's like when you do a warm up at the gym. You don't stop working out after the fucking warm up.

He really is a mistifyingly terrible director. I know people use the excuse of jewish nepotism but he must be a full on Rothschild to be allowed to handle such big projects with such a dire lack of talent.

why didn't they make it so that Vader killed the team?

>Rogue One
Haven't watched that trash yet.

>that pepe
Amazing.

lel whatsup with these dumb buttons on his chest?

If you wanted to make it good. Have the rebel alliance be the justification sheev uses to tighten his grip on the galaxy

I was literally hard

Literally boner inducing ending scene which quickly subsided once CGI Carrie Fisher came onscreen

let's see his stupid castle anons, where is it??

It felt special. Like suddenly after all this time there was a lightsaber and force powers fucking shit up like a motherfucker. It made him scary and powerful compared to everyone else.

>nice spoiler for those that havent seen it well done user.
you have to be 18+ to post here

So can someone spoil me on how all the main characters die?

Most of them are killed by explosions. Guess they wanted to make their deaths seem special and big?

anyone have a webm? I remember last year when the Han webm was everywhere

Just shitty 3d cams atm
vid.me/r5to

Can we all agree that ESB Vader is best Vader?

sounds like my love life

thanks mate, was vajyn erso killed in the begining there?

I wish we could get a "Vader hunting down the remaining jedi knights" movie already

Vader going through that hallway was the coolest scene ever and totally redeemed the weird helmet fitting of earlier and little screentime. Holy shit, great movie, except for the many area-transitions the movie was awesome. And fuck you op and anyone else keeping spoilers out of the first posts of threads, you fucking cunts.

That would work better as a miniseries imo

Is there a reason there are way more POC in these newer Star Wars movies compared to the OT?

Saw dies in the blastwave from a test firing of the Death Star
Galen is fatally injured by a Rebel bombing run
K-2SO is repeatedly shot until he breaks down
Chirrut is shot by elite stormtroopers after walking into their fire
Bodhi is blown up by a grenade thrown into his ship
Baze storms a line of elite stormtroopers and dies
Krennick is shot by the Death Star
Jyn and Cassian are killed by the blastwave from a Death Star shot

I think you're a fucking manchild that should fuck off back to his Sup Forums or reddit echo chamber.

>Browsing Sup Forums when the biggest movie of the year
>the biggest movie of the year

Try again.

the spic and rabbit bitch die on a beach, with a big nuclear explosion coming toward them, hugging each other...

yes, I'm not kidding

Needless to say there's no feel whatsoever, and the music is really shitty and soulless throughout