Why are americans so addicted to prescription drugs?

Why are americans so addicted to prescription drugs?

In this shit country it isn't normal for literally everyone to be on some sort of pain killer etc... But it is in the US.

I was on an anti depressant for 10 years. It numbed me up so much that I ended up not doing anything with my life. I got up, went to work, came home, watched tv, and repeated the same thing for 10 fucking years.

When I finally got off of it after being laid off I realized that I was a 34 year old loser who still lived with his parents.

I want those 10 years back.

Because life is pain.

People have always sought after ways to escape everyday life.
Just look at the fucking ads all over. Why should I be telling my doctor what to prescribe me? Isn't that his job?

If you aren't on antidepressants you either have never been to a therapist or you've already killed yourself
If you aren't on adderall you probably don't have a job that requires a college education or that pays over 40K.

That's just how it is nowadays unfortunately

Probably wrong here but I thought it was because it's pretty easy to get drugs from the American health system. Not that easy to get anything other than prozac here in UK. You can't even buy more than like 3 or 4 packs or something of paracetamol without them asking questions (24 per pack).

If I don't take them they're probably section me and force me to take them again. Schizophrenia sucks. I'd rather be crazy than be on this mind and emotionally numbing garbage. I don't even have day dreams anymore, what the fuck.

pretty sure they just released a study that anti depressants don't really work or some shit. I'm to lazy to google it though. Also doctors tried to get me to take them after my uncle killed himself and my wife cheated on me (same reason my uncle killed himself) with in the same year. I just became an alcoholic which is probably almost as bad.

Yea they didn't work for my anxiety for which they were prescribed, they just made me not care about anything. The doctor I was going to just kept telling me to take them, that he noticed a difference and they were helping.

they actually increase suicide risk in some cases

Yeah the reason I wouldn't take them was after my parent's got divorced they put my Dad on them and he wasn't the same until he stopped taking them after 6 months.

it's just another way of making money of vulnerable people

tbqh I only like my adderall because it helps edge when masturbating making it 100 times better

im sure at some point my dick will stop working or fall off though

>drugs are fine as long as it's from your doc
not realizing the "war on drugs" is pushed by the pharma-jews, private prisons, and DEA to protect their profits/budgets

They can't retract the anti-depressants, they pushed them so hard that if they came out now and said they were bad they would be sued into bankruptcy

Oxycodones are pretty dank not going to lie

Because my adderall script has increased my quality of life 10x.

Advertisements.

Plain and simple. It's one of like 2 or 3 countries that allows oil companies to advertise.

hmmm i wonder why

I take Celexa for my depression but I've had it since I was a kid. I did talk therapy at 19 and started medication at 20. So far it has helped my life amazingly.

I no longer feel like killing myself. Don't feel like shit for things out of my control and other people's suffering. And have improved my work and school life.

im not on anything with no college degree and make.double that amount, is this what you dumbass college kids call making it? fucking pathetic.

Pill*

I don't think you realize how awful it is to live here.

thats not the only reason, though.

fucking pharma reps flying doctors out for golf weekends on the house. other shit like that.

also, psychiatry. everyone here apparantly has some disorder like ADHD. Acting like an asshole in school used to be just that, acting like an asshole.

laziness. instead of exercise and healthy diets a lot of americans eat out of a box or a drive through.

TOP KEK

Try living in Canada before you complain

>double the unemployment rate
>make half as much money
>worse healthcare
>terrible economy
>third world infrastructure
>worse/most expensive internet and telecommunications in the world

America is still the easiest country to live in

>Take antidepressants
>When I'm off them I feel dead but feel sharp mentally
>When I'm on them feel great but feel dull mentally
>Its a choice of being blissfully ignorant or ignorantly bliss
>Feel good but dumb or feel nothing but proactively smart

this.

I'm a registered nurse and I've never done any drugs or drank (not even when I was in college) I've been prescribed painkillers after a couple of surgeries but I've never taken them b/c I don't believe pain should be numbed.

I was forced to take ADHD drugs and then other drugs from 6-18. When I left hs I finally could stop. They ruined my childhood, but I would've been sent to a school for troubled kids if my parents said no.

Been addicted to painkillers for 10 years. They'll probably be the death of me desu senpai

>I want those 10 years back.
blaming others for actions you did not even attempted..

holy shit, you're doomed