Rather than using a CGI Carrie Fisher why did they not just cast her daughter Billie Lourd to play Princess Leia in...

Rather than using a CGI Carrie Fisher why did they not just cast her daughter Billie Lourd to play Princess Leia in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story?

Other urls found in this thread:

vid.me/NuAd
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably because they don't look the same.

cause she's probably a coke whore like her mother

it's also common when you're milking shit to test with cgi because the audience doesn't care about quality

How is Maggie Gyllenhaal not the best faux-Leia.

Really? They look pretty similar looking and with makeup and hair she could easily look more like her Mum, surely that would be better than awkward CGI.

She's noticably more beautiful than Carrie Fisher

Her daughter looks better.

They used a Norwegian actress.

Yes she is haha!

They used Cgi same with Grand Moff Tarkin but it worked better for Tarkin the CGI Leia looked odd.

I thought the other way round, Tarkin to me looked a bit weird at times.

Also hah I forgot the Americunts havent even got to watch it yet as its not out there yet.

Oh don't get me wrong there were points where I was like hmm I dunno its not working to well but he looked better than Leia I thought he should have just had a short cameo. When you first see him and he has his back to him and you can see his reflection I was like oh god yes this works so well but when he turned round it looked less convincing. oh yeah true oops spoilers lol

Billie Lourd was already in TFA

True but I am sure fans can get over the fact that if they cast her she would have played two different roles I mean hell Warwick Davis has played loads of characters in star wars.

oh that's the reason why Sup Forums isn't flooded with it yet.
I thought both her and tarkin looked all right, tarkin looked a bit better though

still waiting for a soundtrack release on youtube, officially not released until tomorrow.

Same here the soundtrack was absolutely stunning. The film altogether was amazingly beautiful and well made with lots of nods to the original films. I liked how it was a more gritty film compared to some of the others. The CGI did not bother me too much I just think they should have cast Billie as Leia.

>try to watch Star Wars with the knowledge Ford was fucking a coked-out Fisher the entire time
>muh childhood

Why does sex ruin everything?

She has a deep man voice and sounds nothing like Leia.

It's on torrent sites.
Leaked this morning.

True but that can be easily solved with Automated dialogue replacemen

>Why do addicts ruins everything

FTFY

why didn't they cast Sir Billi

oh shit didn't know about that leak, I don't use torrents though for a few years any more after I got a C&D.
ah never mind, found it on one of the regular download sites now.

I didn't realize Jynx Maze had a mother.

The CG humans in this movie were really, really low quality. They looked so fake. I honestly don't understand why they didn't just recast.

It's not like the audience is so stupid that they "won't get" why Leia and Tarkin look different in a movie made 40 years after the original, people understand the forward flow of time. The idea that they probably spent millions alone on two short scenes of these characters, only for the effect to look that fake, is just awful.

I see what you did there.

Peter Cushing is un-recastable

Donnie Yen spoilers please? Did he get screwed over like Iko Uwais and Yayan Ruhian aka Rama and Mad Dog?

Donnie Yen was the enlightened monk character knew loads about the force and had Jedi like abilities but was not a Jedi. Maybe he could have been if order 66 did not happen. but he is the MVP of this film.

Any pictures of this CG Leia?

With some make up Tom Hiddleston could have played him.

None so far but she pretty much looked like how she does in Star wars battlefront.

Thank you BASED user. Chinese Billion Yuan coming through!

Anytime my friend he also cracks some of the best jokes in the film :D

feels like he's in every fucking movie right now.
and no, not even he could have done it.

Wrong

I imagine it looks weird in motion.

Low rez picture in the film the CGI looked pretty bad

You can see it at the end of this video.
vid.me/NuAd

>Clapping at a screen

Fucking normies I swear

why does it go to a black screen?

Lack of footage to go with the audio we have.
That's a compilation of various sources.