"A couple of 9-year-olds on a screen-free rainy afternoon would come up with better adventures...

"A couple of 9-year-olds on a screen-free rainy afternoon would come up with better adventures, and probably also better dialogue. "

JESUS

is it that bad? nytimes.com/2016/12/13/movies/star-wars-rogue-one-review.html

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/12/13/movies/star-wars-rogue-one-review.html
strawpoll.me/11883062
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Nytimes
Bet you thought Ghostbusters (2016) was a good movie too

This is such a scathing review I'm surprised Sup Forums didn't write it, wow.

> Hatred Nice Guys
> Hatred the hateful eight
> Liked Sausage Party
Uuuuuuh

That's just some fucktards opinion. Fuck him.

The movie had it's share of minor issues (mostly the first act). But it's good overall.

Shut the fuck up.

>nytimes.com/2016/12/13/movies/star-wars-rogue-one-review.html
>Millions of people will sit through this thoroughly mediocre movie (directed with basic competence by Gareth Edwards from a surprisingly hackish script by Chris Weitz and Tony Gilroy) and convince themselves that it’s perfectly delightful. It’s so much easier to obey than to resist. The spoiler warning sent by the Disney empire instructed journalists to “continue to be our partners on this journey,” and defiance is unthinkable, even if “partner” is taken as a synonym for “shill.”

Holy shit, Disney went to far and people are waking up

Breaking the conditioning.

WTF I love DC now.

Get out shills. The movie is trash.

Tell me you didn't pay to see it then.

That's the case with most movies these days, especially Marvel movies - which the Disney Star Wars movies basically are.

this is AO Scott you shitheads. the NY times has had some shitty critics but he's solid gold

These are actually his opinions

I read these reviews and can't help but feel no one watched TFA, as if this is the first Disney Star Wars that was completely fucked.

I haven't seen sausage party or nice guys but I tend to agree on hateful 8. it was shallow and forgettable

If you look at sausage party and think anything positive of it, you're probably a literal idiot.

>look at
so you haven't actually watched it? and you profess to have a more intelligent opinion of it than he does? isn't that exactly "judging a book by its cover"? if you read the review, he said he wasn't expecting it to be good either.

strawpoll.me/11883062

I know his humor and I know the premise. I know it's unfunny pot humor.

Same guy that is so far up his own ass that he thought the nice guys was supposed to be more than a buddy cop movie.

judging a movie by its premise is exactly why we get paper thin comedies that are simply logical extensions of a sales pitch. don't call someone who has dedicated their life to critical analysis of film a hack if you can't even muster up the effort to watch the movie you think you'd disagree with them about.

Hello Scott,

I think you're pretentious just for the sake of it. Just because you "dedicated your life" to getting paid by the word doesn't make you insightful or clever.

Sincerely,
Me