ITT: Sup Forumstants who made it big

Joji
Will Toledo
Devin Ruben Perez

Who else am I missing?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/29528046/#29528543)
youtube.com/watch?v=2Y9CscVZ2EQ
ew.com/article/2016/05/20/car-seat-headrest-teens-of-denial/).
buzzfeed.com/awesomer/Sup
buzzfeed.com/catesish/Sup
cbsnews.com/news/girl-throws-puppies-in-river-in-video-Sup
bbc.com/news/magazine-10520487
twitter.com/AnonBabble

me

Depending on your definition of making it big, Dan Barrett from HANL

Literally whos?
Oh yeah joji, that e-celeb.... big? lmao.

lorde

Zac from death grips

not me

the death grips

bach

grimes

Fantano

Montie gets considerable attention for his Nichard Dixon project

grimes is more tumblr than moo

the question was about Sup Forumstants

yes and grimes is not and never was a Sup Forumstant. She never posted or lurked here.

She posted and lurked on tumblr.

hello

He ain't a E-celeb no more he retired from Filthy Frank

a modern classic album is pretty big i guess

Anthony Fantano

Zeal & Ardor

He's fairly big tho, especially with 88rising. He also has a large guaranteed following no matter the trash he puts out.

Will Toledo is more /r/eddit than Sup Forums

grimes hacked my computer

when lorde started showing her music we shat all over it. It's still shit music imo, but normies ate her shit up.

he outright told me to listen to his album

nah some anons told her the production was way ahead of anything else in the thread.

It is shit music though.

nooooooo she's real good

any future music career he has is just going to be riding off his eceleb fandom. The only reason anyone will give a shit about him or listen to his music is because they were a fan of his filthy frank shit. Which is beneficial for him because his music isn't particularly good or innovative or different from what everyone else is doing. In a way, his career as an e-celeb is preventing him from just getting lumped in with all the other people who are doing the same shit as he is. His music will never be the reason why he is famous. It will always be his celebrity from his youtube channel.

>Sup Forumstant
>joji

Oneohtrix Point Never

nani!? Lorde browsed mu?

FANTANO. OP is a newfag

Wouldnt she have gotten banned for being underage?

litterally kys newfags

This.

joji wasnt a Sup Forumstant retard

king krule used to post his music in band camp threads when he was zoo kid

Flume has posted here I believe

>no evidence of joji going on Sup Forums

yeah.. totally man =)

>literally everyone forgets the latest one.

Iglooghost

her first album was okay. latest one was impressive

grimes shills on here and pretends to have fans

every day

he sure comes here but i dont think he ever was one of us

He literally used to post in bandcamp threads and try to viral his own shit and retard newfags don't believe it

I was here when it was happening, bruh slowly built a following having never actually toured or being featured fuckin anywhere.

The original Ocean Bed is so fuckin good

>lying

we jumped to the conclusion that it was her manager or something like that

The obvious shilling that Joji gets here makes me believe he at least browse Sup Forums every once in a while.

nobody gives a fuck about a no-name record label

Iglooghost literally admitted to going on The Chan frequently and hating all of Reddit except the Iglooghost subreddit.
I've always wanted to summon him in one of our threads.

so Joel Little? Wow, he is probably one of the most influential producers in terms of today's Top 40 soundscape. What he and Lorde did on that first record was truly something brand new for it's time. Sad to see it spawned so much generic and bland offspring.

Yeah, other evidence pointing to the OP being Little, apart from the first few postings of Lorde's soundcloud asks for feedback regarding Royals' production, is that if you search in the archive for reposts of the OP's image in the original Lorde thread you get this post (archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/29528046/#29528543) mentioning that Phil Elverumis staying over the poster's flat during his NZ touring, pointing at the poster already being someone in the music business

the only one i believe was a Sup Forumstant

piss in my mouth xD

Deadmau5 and anamanaguchi

>tfw no more Pink Guy albums
most of the tracks on Pink Season were really good considering the whole thing was a meme

Fun times.
Also, Andrew W.K.

isn't all music a meme tho

This desu.
Also, his retirement from Filthy Frank has, ironically, increased awareness of his past into the open. He fucked himself tbqh

pretty much

make this guy big
youtube.com/watch?v=2Y9CscVZ2EQ

That total hodgepodge of a promotion company? This will be their year but it'll crumble once the meme of tossing random Asian acts together because "dude rice lmao xD" dies

This. He's based though.

>ctrl+f
>trent reznor
>0 results
He leaked a part of a track from NTAE iirc. Could've been Atticus, though. Who knows.

>I never forget, like elephants on Sup Forums
jonwayne is clearly our guy

tomppabeats

Ameer from Brockhampton used to go on here.

literally who

Trent Reznor was famous before this website even existed lol

88 rising is probably the most important independent rap label in the industry rn desu. try and keep up

pablo collective?

Grimes

tomppa goes on Sup Forums? is there any evidence to this claim?

I will make it, and I don't care if you forgot me since you won't see my face.

Shut up, Montie.

Lol nah

there was a thread a while ago where someone posted a tweet where he said something like "the real ones know i got my first followers by spamming my sc on Sup Forums threads". that tweet is now deleted so guess i don't really have any evidence

i mean it makes sense, he seems like the Sup Forums type anyway

Why are artists that post here ( I bet a lot of them do) so afraid to admit it? Its like lorde denying it and Lauren mayberry lurking here

This guy

Is there any proof that Will Toledo was a Sup Forumstant?
His albums got posted on Sup Forums a ton at the beginning of this decade, but I remember Sup Forumstants were also into Lamezone at the time, too, even before Twin Fantasy--I think it could have been a crossover effect.

Yeah he's posted here before and I think he even did a small ama

bad for PR. the only time normies hear the word "Sup Forums" is in some negative way.

I don't know why tomppa would care, considering he isnt really mainstream but i can see why lorde would

Andrew WK was big before Sup Forums existed

I've never seen that. If someone could dig it up, I'll buy it, but he's said before that he's never posted here (ew.com/article/2016/05/20/car-seat-headrest-teens-of-denial/).
I know he did an AMA on reddit.

I remember that.

o i am laffin was a meme for a second.

Even old fags tens to forget Sup Forums was known at one time for having cp shared here. Along with other things and its bad for your career and reputation even if this place has changed.

I don't recall CP ever being encouraged, and remember the FBI cooperating with moot in trying to find anyone that posted it here.

I think it moreso has to do with it's more recent developments, like gamergate, and the popularity of Sup Forums garbage on the site. Back in the early '10s, news outlets, even Buzzfeed, wouldn't shy away from covering Sup Forums in a positive, almost promotional, light. If not that, then at least as a site occupied by merely nihilistic rebels, instead of the now more commonplace depiction as bigoted villains.

buzzfeed.com/awesomer/Sup Forums-finally-uses-power-for-good?utm_term=.lsm0rvPaN#.ebwGxMj6p
buzzfeed.com/catesish/Sup Forums-fashion-advice?utm_term=.vhVJo8qOy#.qg9z7R3bJ
cbsnews.com/news/girl-throws-puppies-in-river-in-video-Sup Forums-users-on-the-hunt/
bbc.com/news/magazine-10520487

How we know that?

That's why it was talked about on the news, and to people that know little to nothing about this site they made that generalization. I've seen Sup Forums talked about in a good light before also, the most recent thing that made us look bad was the whole retarded "leave a trace" trolling. I was a bit off.

Lauren saw that whole situation to have something to market "Every open eye" with. That's why she acted like she was so offended and hurt by the mean Sup Forums people.

bullshit, those posts were creep as fuck. you seriously expect her just to be like "ohhh, you guys ;)"?

That may have been the case, but I wouldn't put it past her or anyone else. The thread wasnt even that bad, the real weird and creepy shit happened after that thread with 7kt and Brandon.

7kt was the one who actually tormented her. Brandon just sent her 2 tweets trying to be supportive because he felt bad and that he liked her older band. Brandon's real fuck up was tweeting her and playing along with the memes afterwards. I'm not saying that they were right because of "muh Sup Forums", but at same time they should have Shut the fuck up. Ecspessily Brandon apparently having a previous tie with her.

either way it made us look bad and Brandon look bad.

Flatlanded