It's amazing and innovative because it's shit instead of listenable

>It's amazing and innovative because it's shit instead of listenable

Wow. The standard of music sure hit rock fucking bottom.
And this was late 60's.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-FhhB9teHqU
youtube.com/watch?v=UeSVu1zbF94
youtube.com/watch?v=2JxBppgIB0w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It takes a few listens but when it clicks it clicks
Hint: listen to the instrumentals

>it's shit instead of listenable
You don't get it. It is extremely listenable. You're just bad at listening.

No it doesn't, it's not a difficult listen at all
OP and many others are just mentally impaired

This. The album is easy as fuck.

>This low tier fedora explanation

The only thing that clicks is schizophrenia and Stockholm's syndrome.

not an argument

>every time someone bitches about this album we gotta write an essay explaining why we like it
If they wanted to know the could have just read it in the thread yesterday.

Most people here legit cannot explain why they like TMR aside from "it sounds good"

>You don't get it. It is extremely listenable. You're just bad at listening.
>Implying this proves or disproves anything

You're really insecure user.

There is another reason to like music?

melodies, guitar playing, song structures, lyrics, it can even be kind of cinematic like human gets me blues or sugar n spikes
i mean how could you not like a beautiful beautiful song like pachuco's cadaver or veterans day poppy?

But it is though. Maybe if you put effort in actually listening to the whole thing you'll at least understand what's going on, but no, you wouldn't. The fact that you didn't like it, it doesn't mean it's bad.

>A le you don't get it argument is now acceptable here

This is the music board. Notice how not every post is "this sounds good/bad"?

It's not so bad if you go into it expecting it to exhaust the shit out of you.

True, the majority of posts here are "she looks hot/he looks like a fag".

Grimes threads in a nutshell

i'm listening to it right now for the first time, this sounds like a album that is making fun of the entirety of 70s music

I'm not saying its shit its just I dont get it yet

Wait never mind the 2nd song has some coherency I kinda can adjust too, maybe it will sound good 2nd listen who knows

Well that's pretty clever for a 1969 album.

cultivates vivid mental imagery and has an incredibly creative, unique, and surreal aesthetic to it, like backwoods americana addled with schizophrenia. its a very refreshing and rewarding world to step into while listening.

You ever think about this new generation that uses "shit" to describe everything bad? It's like the only negative adjective they know of - never "shitty", never "for shit", just "shit". "It's a shit graphics card" - "he's a shit director" - "hope the new version isn't too shit".

Just unending "shit" in every direction. They don't even question it - it's totally normal to them.

I wanted to test to see if this album was actually good or if people were just being pretentious about it. I ended up going to my younger brother to see what his opinion on it was, seeing as he has perfect pitch and bases his musical opinion almost entirely on composition, structure, etc. (In case anyone’s wondering, he mostly listens to classical.)
Before I played the album for him, I explained how most people see the album as “boundary-breaking” and all that, and then proceeded to play the album.
It didn’t end well. He pulled a face similar to pic related and shut it off after about four tracks.
So, yeah, it’s just bad.

that album cover is so goddamn annoying, it's like the photographed 60's equivalent of the *holds up spork* copypasta

What a pleb.

I’m surprised he got through four tracks, let alone just one.

>seeing as he has perfect pitch

>people actually take a guy who wrote "tropical hotdog night" serious

>having perfect pitch means you have perfect taste
this is a bad post

I don't think you know what perfect pitch is. All of his musical knowledge are presumably classically-based compositions. Considering as to how TMR came a fair point after most classical music, I'm inclined to believe that he's just a pleb that probably wouldn't into anything else that gets shilled on this board.

Vid related, an actual accomplished composer's take on just the title track.

This album is hilarious and not because it's "bad" but because it constantly breaks your expectations. A lot of music is really funny and i don't mean the lyrics are funny, pop music for example is funny because of how repetitive it is. four-chord verse/chorus/verse/chorus music being popular for such a long time is EXTREMELY funny if you understand music. experimental music is also very funny and people who don't get it don't get it because they're up their own asses thinking music has to be artful in a specific way they made up in their heads

>...ring,hemostly listens to class...
Stopped reading there

i dont like it that much but the story behind that album is pretty cool.

This album sucks. Anyone that claims to like this has their head so far up their ass that they are beyond being reasoned with.

That's odd, that's the same thing people say about your favorite album

your shit m8

It's entirely listenable. Not sure what you're on about, really. I get the feeling that you might be new to music.

trout mask replica being bad is a dead meme

we need more brainlet wojak memes in here

my nigga

Unpopular opinion: I'd choose something with great production that has a great atmosphere but not innovative over something that is experimental and avant garde with poor production.

This might just be the most boring "unpopular" opinion I've ever fucking read.

Why listen to music written by a guy who doesn't know his craft when there's a perfectly insane frenchman composer who was duping the classical world with his pretentious wank since the 40s.
youtube.com/watch?v=UeSVu1zbF94

Children drawings are crap, no exceptions and many people drawing ability is stuck at 12 if they don't practice and learn fundamentals. So why treat music like it's any different? First make beauty, then I'll believe it's worth checking out your ugliness on purpose, that's my rule.

>easy as fuck
>entire album sounds like a bunch of 10 year olds hitting instruments randomly

It's fucking trash. Just admit it.

I like the album, but I actually think it's too long. Like, I get bored 30 minutes in it

Am I a pleb?

Exactly, even a 10 year old could appreciate it, yet you can't.

I literally don't understand people who don't 'get' this album. There's not much to get. It's catchy and fun to listen to and constantly subverts your expectations. It's fine to not like this album, or think Beefheart's a hack, but a lot of ya'll are trying too hard to 'understand' TMR when you should instead just be tryin to have fun

A 10 year old appreciates banging loud objects because it makes a loud noise. They don't have any comprehension of structure and what's normal volume.

Much like you, it appears.

This album is shit, but not because it's too harsh or experimental. It's just boring and stupid and pointless.

A 10 year old appreciates things on their own merit as they are usually not mindful of other people's opinions or established rules. When they grow up a little they gain a filter which replaces their own judgment. They are more interested in the opinion of their peers and fitting in.

I don't agree, they just have low standards and no frame of reference so a mediocre thing becomes the best in their mind because it's the best they ever heard. If you tell a creative child their art sucks they'll crumble, that's why you pretend it's good and put it on the fridge.

I hope your brother is familiar with Schönberg, Webern and further developments of avantgarde classical, otherwise his opinion really isn't worth shit. And I doubt he is (familiar with them). Classical composers did far weirder shit than TMR.

It's Matt Groening's favorite album.
youtube.com/watch?v=2JxBppgIB0w

>doesn't think classical is better than rock music
go back

>an explanation is not good because it is not complex
fux off

whoa now THAT's a good reason to like this album!

Mirror Man is the superior album

What with the pleb influx lately? Did R*ddit break or some shit?

this sort of thing can only happen because jews are not ostracized from society

OP is a fagoot

So you like trap music?

This.

>my brother says it's bad therefore it is
are you 8?

It's fucking boring

It's entry level hipster garbage that substitutes oddity of quality. It's experimental in the wrong way.

it's a meme but Sup Forumstards won't acknowledge this in fear of being blasted by fellow pretentious idiots

t. lil peep fan

friendly reminder not to spoonfeed faggots like this. get off Sup Forums