Is there a more underrated player in all of sports? Seriously. He doesn't get the respect he deserves...

Is there a more underrated player in all of sports? Seriously. He doesn't get the respect he deserves. Always a stat leader particularly in yards and TDs, got himself a ring but he still gets snubbed for Dak "Hand it off or chill behind my line" Prescott for a fucking pro bowl last season? How many pro bowl receivers has Brees had in his career? One? It might be fucking zero.

It's easy to say Brady is better because muh rings, but explain to me how Aaron Rodgers is better than Brees? How?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tVoqA-LKGb4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he also literally saved new orleans
the entire city

Its because hes a manlet. Literally no one cares about manlets.

Brees made a 7th round pick, Marques Colston, into one of the greatest receivers of a generation just because he was the one throwing to him. He made Jimmy Graham relevant, makes UDFAs into 1k yard guys, and puts up 4k-5k yards and 30 TDs like clockwork. Sean Payton and Brees may be the most underrated coach-player combo of all time.

>always a stat padder

You got that right

Ben is also better Brees

Rodgers not better than Bree's bro

He's a stat padder

Yeah he's really good but he's not as efficient as Brady or Rodgers.

His lol 300 yards on 50 attempts is good for fantasy, not for winning football games.

>he's not as efficient as Brady
lmfao

Not Lately anyways

Brady has been clearly at a higher level the last three years and doesn't create as many turnovers as brees. Brees also plays in at least 11 warm weather stadiums a year

Dome babby

Ben is the third best QB of the last decade.

>Brady
>Rodgers
>Ben
>Brees

This is literally objective.

Sounds good to me

id take Brees over Rodgers tbqh

>Ben over Peyton
Shiggydiggy

I'm an idiot. Forgot to include Manning.

Manning would definitely be second on that list.

>Ben over Brees
ahahahahahahahaha

I don't know if a 6-5 record in the playoffs is really a bragging point for Brees

>unironically using W-L record to determine how good a QB is
Sincerely hoping this is bait.

Brees has a 24-6 TD-INT ratio in the playoffs. Ben's is 25-23. Ben had the literal worst Super Bowl performance of all time in 2005 and still walked away with a ring. Completely carried by his defense for the first years of his career.

this man knows whats up

Brees is going to be remembered as one of the 10 best QBs of all time (above Aaron Rodgers when all the hype dies down)

Brees was just unfortunate to be playing at a time two of the top three QBs of all time (Brady and Peyton) were also playing. Either he or Brady will end up with the records for career yards and TDs thrown, it all depends on how many more years Brady can play once Brees retires.

wins are what matter most

Brees plays in a dome, Ben plays in mostly brutal outdoor stadiums.

>wins are what matter most when discussing the merits of an individual in a team sport
Sorry, I can't take you seriously at this point. Come back when you want to talk about football in an objective sense.

Probably not, weird to me that people think he's already been surpassed by melty ice

>hof lock that is considered to be one of the best of his generation
Nigger you dont know what underrated means

Brees plays the most important position and is supposedly top three at that position but throughout his 16 year career has only made it to a conference championship game twice and only played in one super bowl.

Stats are nice and pretty but if they don't translate to wins then they're empty numbers that don't mean anything.

The Irony of you using numbers as a critique of someone's individual merit is that stats are often dependent on your supporting cast around you and your circumstances.

Rodgers is more mobile more efficient and has a better qbr

>Stats are nice and pretty but if they don't translate to wins then they're empty numbers that don't mean anything.

Brees has a Super Bowl, and he won it with one of the worst defenses to ever even make the owl, let alone win it. That alone places him above pretty much every other QB of his generation except guys like Brady and Manning.

>muh Ben
Worst performance by a Super Bowl winning QB of all time in 05. Complete defense babby until about 2011.
>muh Rodgers
Made it to the exact same number of Super Bowls as Brees. Significantly better teams.

Peyton in his last Super Bowl was worse. Also, Ben's was the worst to that point from a WINNING QB, plenty of others played worse and lost.

I really think you're underestimating how bad he was in that game.

Ben's Performance in the 05 super bowl was awful, but what people overlook was he was great in the 3 playoff games prior

Overall that postseason he had a 7:3 TD/INT, 101.7 Passer Rating and 8.6 YPA

Brees is higher than Big Ben on my all time list but the gap isn't as huge as people make it out to be.

Rodgers will probably end up having a better career than both though.

Ben is still a top 5 QB of this generation, and a top 15-20 guy of all time. Comparing him to Brees is silly though, because he's not in that tier. Newfags really don't seem to remember that Brady-Brees-Manning was the fucking gauntlet of elite QBs for years and years, with Rodgers forcing his way into the conversation later. This idea that Ben has ever been on the same level of any of them because he has two rings is ridiculous.

That's pretty fucking bad but I do recall a couple big plays. Didn't he have like a huge 3rd down and 30 yard conversion at the end of the first half or something that got them into position to take the lead?

Antwaan Randal-EL(ITE)

>explain to me how Aaron Rodgers is better than Brees? How?

Brees: Saints are 39-41 past 5 seasons

Rogers: Packers are 51-28-1 past 5 seasons

Next?

the question was why is rodgers better than brees, not why are the packers better than the saints

next

This. For all the "muh defense" attitude in Pittsburgh their two Superbowl winning seasons with Ben The Rapist they averaged 27.4 ppg in the 7 playoff games from those seasons.

Oh, sorry. I didn't realize I was speaking to a retard who hasn't followed the NFL for 30 years and don't know how QBs are more responsible for team success than ever before.

Had I, I simply wouldn't have answered or pointed to the 8 point difference in career QB Rating despite Rogers playing in wintery Green Bay and Brees often in a dome.

supporting cast is more influential than playing conditions, and you know this

when it comes down to it, whos the better football player snap for snap, Brees > Rodgers

He's a dome babby. look at his stats in and out of a dome. He wouldn't have been as good had he not gotten to play a minimum of 9 games in a dome, a superbowl at home in a dome either. I love brees because I'm a chargers fan, but had he stayed, he would probably already been retired.

Rivers has better stats all around than Big Ben. Minus the superb owls, but ben also had the worst passer rating of any QB in an owl also. He's also always had a decent team around him.

Also, you forgot Peyton, who was head and shoulders above Ben

>literally
you know how I know you're a NEET millennial?

>3 straight 7-9 seasons

Zomg!!! So elit3!!1!

*also note that Rivers had more TDs with 2 less years starting. Big Ben good, but he's not great. The only player from that Draft Class who statistically should go into the HOF is Rivers, but he's likely the last one in because "muh rings" seems to be the only argument people have these days

Cause he plays for the Saints

Rodgers has only had Two top 10 defenses in his career, 2009 and 2010

2010 he won the super bowl, what more do you want?

in 2009 the packers defense gave up 45 points in regulation. Now he lost the fumble that ended the game but he was the only reason they were in that game in the first place.

Big Ben and Rivers career stats are nearly identical, Ben even has a higher YPA.

to me Ben has the edge because their stats are so close and Ben has done more in the playoffs.

Rivers had his chances to get a ring in 2006 and 2009

Indoor babby

Stats are nearly identical but Rivers has 2 less years starting. That means he's been WAY more productive with worse teams (albeit 2006 was the best team he's every played on but it was his first year starting).

2006 failed bc Marlon McCree is a stupid nagger and 2009 was legit Nate Kaedings fault.

I'm a chargers homer but I give the edge to Rivers for doing more with less and carrying the team instead of being carried by a good defense. Plus having similar stats with 32 less games is more impressive than being the QB with the worst performance to win a superbowl

>playing in a dome for 65%+ of the NFL season

Nah thats pussy shit

What does Dallas put in their water to turn all their NFL players into criminals?

>6-5 in the playoffs
>only making the playoffs 6 times in his whole career

He is the eternal stat padder. He does not give his team the best chance to win games.

>lanklet cringeposting

Big Ben has missed more games though, Ben has started 183 and Rivers has started 176. So it's more like half a year, not two.

Anyways im not just talking about the counting stats but the efficiency, rivers leads in most of the categories but It's really really close.

Roethlisberger
TD %: 5.3
INT %: 2.7
Y/A: 7.9
RATE: 94.1
Y/G 253
Winning %: 67.2

Rivers
TD %: 5.3
INT %: 2.6
Y/A: 7.7
RATE: 94.7
Y/G: 254.6
Winning%: 55.11

Big Ben for some reason doesn't have a reputation as a big stats qb but his are right there with rivers in most areas.

>using muh wins to compare individual players in a team sport
People who do this are literally the worst type of sports fans.

>supporting cast is more influential than playing conditions, and you know this

I KNOW the opposite is true. Take a look at Tom Brady's career QB Rating. It's lower than HGH Manning's. One could simply point out that during Manning's time with laughingstock Colts, he had Hall of Famers like Faulk, Harrison, Wayne, and James (same rushing yardage total as Faulk, before you say anything). While Brady has often won it all with literal nobodies.

And YET...

If you look at their Split stats, Brady has a higher QB Rating both outdoors and indoors. The reason Manning's is higher is because Manning played far far far more games indoors.

That's actual evidence to show what you said here is 100% wrong. Why do this? Why say dumb things that can easily be proven wrong in a futile attempt to win an argument on the internet?

Forget snow and rain, you ever hear of this fucking thing called wind? If a QB who plays in a dome has a lower QB Rating than someone who plays outside in Wisconsin, guess what? He's a less efficient QB.

I have great respect for Drew Brees. But there is only one person in the NFL I've ever been worried that the Pats don't have the edge when it comes to the QB - and that's Rodgers. The guy is fucking scary good. Just because Brees isn't as good as him or Tom doesn't mean he's not fucking awesome. He is. They're just a little better.

>wins are an irrelevant metric of a QB's success
My ass. Great QB's will win games for their teams on their own.

he's accomplished nothing except for that one year where his entire years salary was donated to the bounty system to take out favre

Passing stats are almost just as much reliant on a good team as W/L

It's why the QBs that can consistently win no matter who you throw around them in 30 degree November weather (Brady, Rodgers) are better than the statpadding dome babbies with stacked offenses (Brees, Peyton)

Unironically the best QB of all time, despite others having much more sheer physical talent. No one has his vision or the ability to manipulate defenses like he does.

This is fair to say. Another thing that separates Rodgers from Brees is his mobility. They are two different play styles. Rodgers is more like Wilson. As opposed to Brees which is more like Flacco.

Underrated post.

John Stockton is the most underrated athlete in sports history.

He's a dome baby that gets babied by the ref because he's a manlet. As in you can't tackle him the same way you can tackle every other QB in the league.

>explain to me how Aaron Rodgers is better than Brees?
Rodgers is on pace to be the first ever quarterback with 300 TDs and less than 100 INTs, and he has 72 of those by the way. That alone in my opinion makes him the best QB ever.

By the way if Rodgers played in a dome or in the NFC South then he would match Brees' passing yards numbers

>Stockton is regarded as one of the best point guards of all time,[1] holding the NBA records for most career assists and steals by considerable margins.[2][3] He is a ten-time NBA All-Star, and a two-time Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame inductee (in 2009 for his individual career, and in 2010 as a member of the 1992 United States men's Olympic basketball team ("Dream Team").
>Along with his teammate Karl Malone, Stockton is considered one of the best players who never won an NBA championship.

just for further clarification, Rodgers is currently sitting at 297 TDs and 72 INTs, Brees got his 300th TD with 154 INTs, that's more than double Rodgers' INT number.

Benefit of playing over half your games indoors per season.

>but explain to me how Aaron Rodgers is better than Brees? How?

He isn't

2011 Saints = GOAT offense

>Sean Payton
>underrated

Bull fucking shit. Payton might be an offensive wizard, but he sure as shit can't field a defense and can't use his offense to control the clock to keep them off the field.

Points per drive is the truest measure of an offense. The 2007 Pats are like 16 miles ahead of the next best - the 2011 Saints.

MFW Brady has led 4 of the most productive offenses in NFL history.

39-41 past 5 years = Underrated

Can someone explain the 'Stat padder' meme to me? If a QB leads the league in passing yards and TDs why is that looked at negatively?

it's not a negative thing in itself to have good statistics, it's only that statistics can be misleading if not used in context

For Example Blake Bortles threw 35 touchdown passes in 2015, good right?

Not really, He lead the league in interceptions and most of his numbers were garbage time fueled.

Brees throws for a lot of yards and touchdowns, but he also has a lot of pass attempts. When you look at the numbers closely a guy like Rodgers is more effective per pass attempt.

Now, to be fair throwing for high volume makes it much harder to sustain high efficiency.

In my personal opinion the best way to evaluate a guy's career is a bit of everything, statistics, winning, circumstances, supporting cast, longevity.

Manning
Rogers
Brady
Ben
Brees

Top 5 Clutch Playoff QB's
1. Joe Montana
2. Eli Manning
3. Tom Brady
4. John Elway
5. Terry Bradshaw

QB stats are so fucking pointless. You throw to who is open, not who is furthest away

>post slightly over a minute from each other
>cooldowns are one minute
Stop sucking your own cock

if he was with a franchise that didn't have a fucking faggot pill-popping mid-life crisis having idiot as a head coach, he would have at least 3 other runs at the SB.

If we're gonna talk about supporting cast, Brees is gonna win that argument every time. He has fuck all to help him on offense and defense

>He has fuck all to help him on offense
1st round pick Robert Meachem
1st round pick Reggie Bush
1st round pick Mark Ingram
1st round pick Brandin Cooks
Jeremy Shockey
Darren Sproles
Benjamin Watson

The sole fact that the names of Roethlisberger and Rivers appear in this thread prove how vastly Brees is underrated.

>Bush
A total bust and a horrendous player. Famous for running farther laterally than he would up the field every time he was handed the ball
>Shockey
Got him when he was old, most of the time he was injured
>Sproles
Had a few good seasons but was past his prime
>Same

>A total bust and a horrendous player.
Not at all. He was a serviceable running back for the teams he was on up until his 49ers and Bills years.
>Sproles
>Had a few good seasons but was past his prime
Now you're just being retarded. Sproles's prime was in NO, dumb fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=tVoqA-LKGb4

Dude is a fucking machine

This guy is my boy. We need a defense again. All year run offensive efficiency and lose by 3. So much effort gotta get this guy in the picture again before he's done.

Brees loses too many games to disgusting defense.

Saints defense is horrendous.

Rodgers is the best QB of this era but he inherited Favre's team and had a pretty stout defense. The way the guy places the ball is what amazes me the most about him. Brees can't see over the O line. Brees throws picks when most when his receivers arent where they should be. Rodgers is a monster opportunist. Guy is amazing.

Thank god he got a ring so he won't end up Marino tier.

Stat Padding Dome Babby

>Jew BR

Are you retarded to not have Brady #1 on that list lmao

>dome babby

>le throwing 5 yard passes in the 4th quarter while down 35 points man
>le scramble outside the pocket and throw a pick man

Its cause his team sucks yeah be will probably finish top 5 qbs cause of his stats but if he had more rings he could regarded similarly to manning or brady

>Rodgers is on pace to be the first ever quarterback with 300 TDs and less than 100 INTs, and he has 72 of those by the way. That alone in my opinion makes him the best QB ever.

Yeah, let's ignore that he sat out his first few years and became a starter right as he was entering his prime. Of course his efficiency numbers are gonna be boosted because of that

If Brady or Peyton didn't start until there 4th year or some shit, they'd have way better efficiency totals too

Rodgers literally skipped his rookie shit years

Rogers is a god but this is a valid point. Add to that he began his career right as the NFL was entering its most obscene "live ball era." If you go by when Rodgers became a starter (2008) until now, Brady has a lower INT%. (1.4 vs 1.5)

Wasnt a fumble anyways.

Blantant missed face mask call by the refs that wouldve been an automatic first down and put GB within 5 yards of the 50 yard line in that first ARZ/GB Playoff game.

he had literally 1 year with a good defense, he won an owl. packers defense has been ass for 5 years.

>using the "he was young so stats dont count" argument