Am I the only one who thinks the shopping mall setting is extremely comfy...

Am I the only one who thinks the shopping mall setting is extremely comfy? Also what are some other films that take place in malls?

I've already seen pic related along with both versions of Dawn of the Dead

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KZSPYdJxCVc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Does it have to be a full scale mall? The Mist takes place mostly in a hardware/general goods type store

I always wanted to live at the mall

Paul blart: mall cop

Same here, maybe it comes from how much I loved going to the mall as a kid, but the idea of living in a late-20th century shopping mall gives me a pleasant feeling

Mallrats

I love the Trump Tower setting from Gremlins 2, the idea of a huge building where you can find literally everything possible has always fascinated me.

About half of Fast Times at Ridgemont High takes place in the mall. Either way its a comfy fucking movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=KZSPYdJxCVc

8 Legged Freaks has quite a few scenes in a shopping mall.

the genetic splicing laboratory being the logical extreme
>this must be my malaria
>just rabies. i've GOT rabies

loved that movie as a kid

does it still hold up?

>Am I the only one who thinks the shopping mall setting is extremely comfy?

No, I was going to say that it must be an 80s thing, but the new Dawn of the Dead mall was comfy too, so I don't know. I never even go to the mall.

Hide and Go Shriek. Not a mall but a big ass department store.

I remember Night of the Comet having some scenes in the mall, but it was only a couple. It's got Kelli Maroney in it too though, so maybe that's why I'm thinking of it.

>big ass department store
same with pic related

>tiny woman covered in white goo

what did they mean by this?

It makes me sad that I will never know what it's like to hang out at the mall in the 80's

>you missed your chance to see the twin towers in the New York skyline

Some of you are alright, don't go to the mosque tomorrow.

The Sherman Oaks Galleria featured in Chopping Mall, Commando, Fast Times and T2 is unrecognizable. It's like an open air mall now, it sucks.

Also, the Monroeville Mall has been added on to and refurbished completely. I've visited twice, once for a screening of Dawn inside the mall. Now I'm not sure I'd bother. Even Penny's is gone, the place where Roger slides down the escalator.

it was the Northridge earthquake that basically ruined the mall, a ton of shops never re-opened and it was either renovate or die

Still, it's a damn shame

I miss going to the mall near my parents, the way it was in the 80s/early 90s.

It was only one level, but it had this big area in the middle that was like an amphitheater of different levels down in the floor, with a fountain in the center. all the levels were carpeted different bright 80s colors with the squiggle designs and random lines and shit, and no hand rails or wheelchair access so fuck the disabled. It was basically the food court seating because all the stores around it in the center of the mall were for food. (holy fuck I found a pic)
Sometimes they would cover the fountain with a stage and have pageants, or djs from radio shows set up, or just put up holiday decorations. On christmas they would always put up this huge tree that went all the way up into the domed ceiling above. And they had these "santa claus from around the world" mannequins set up randomly around to show what he/st. nicholas looked like in different countries. And of course they had a huge santa's village where you could take your picture with him and he would give you a present.
My favorite stores back then were Spencers, Radio Shack(back when they still had all the coolest new electronics and toys and shit), and this music store called Camelot.. or something.. Toys R Us, KB toys.. I cant even remember what the game store was called before it turned into gamestop...

The mall is still there, but most of the stores are empty having moved to random strip malls(why the fuck does everyone want to drive from one store to another instead of just walking a few feet in the comfort of an enclosed space out of the weather???), and in the late-90s they filled in the cool center part and made it flat, then filled it up with a few tables and chairs and more kiosks of people who try and drag you over to buy their shit.

The 90's were pretty similar. I mean we still had video game arcades and shit like that.

The shopping mall is so quintessentially 80's - as is so much awesome gory horror. I love Chopping Mall, in particular the score.

That dark German restaurant the kids go to on a date was pretty comfy to me. There was a place very similar to that where I grew up.

Mallrats if you're into Kevin Smith's work.