What is up with this hate for Slint recently?

What is up with this hate for Slint recently?
Seriously Sup Forums?

this was never an album for everyone

slit is best

>hate
>most overrated band on Sup Forums
lel

It's mostly due to the "Can Sup Forums get Spiderland into the NRR" threads, which might have angered a few people.

BTW, I support those threads.

Everything once loved by Sup Forums eventually becomes hated because Sup Forums realises the majority of people like it, and just to be contrarian flip flops eventually en masse.

Its a cycle.

I was just going to say that, it's happened with literally every Sup Forumscore album

Are those threads trolling? I can't tell.

We're currently at everything popular during 2012-2014 i'd say, is now currently hated.

I would not be surprised at all if after a few threads someone would think it a funny joke to keep it going for weeks afterwards

Slint is the best band probably ever.

I don't remember Sup Forums ever hating this en masse

their just plebs that dont know shit ignore them slint is awesome and for real patricians

No, I think it's actually serious, which is good. Having another Sup Forumscore album onto the Registry would actually be great, because people will start to pay attention to this website more.

Albini would try and take credit for it somehow

It hasn't happened yet, but we're getting there. Ive started seeing a few threads on how "its not that good" or whatever.

Eventually it'll start to convince people. The cycle is real man.

Not if we share these threads with the NRR if Spiderland gets elected.

or Pet Sounds

It’s a combination of contrarian bullshit and people who genuinely don’t get it because it’s throne skews the perception of it. Fuck all of them it’s still a great album.

probably because slint is music for limp-wristed american children

>"Hurrr id da ya get it or u contrarian hurr"

Great logic.

You don’t though. There’s plenty of music I don’t like because I don’t get it (most jazz for example) and I admit that. The difference is, I don’t form an ignorantly staunch opinion on something unless I can actually rationalize my hatred for it.
What I won’t do is spaz the fuck out and act like the importance or emotional attachment to jazz albums for some people are invalid just because I don’t understand it

So fuck off

this is definitely the stupidest album ive ever heard. sounds like a bunch of rejects got together and shit out something that was half decent, luckily.

it is only half decent. solid 5/10 record.

The vocalist (I refuse to refer to him as a singer) is absolutely fucking terrible.

The lo-fi shitty garage rock recording makes it difficult to hear everything that they're playing which is really convenient if you're not very good. We'll never really know since I sure as shit am not looking up live performances.

With how much people hyped up this album by the time I got around to listening to it I was expecting so much but by the time I was done I was incredibly underwhelmed and disappointed that it's all I feel when I try and listen to it again. There's this expectation that you have to like it because it's supposed to be good but... it's really not.

I'm glad some people find enjoyment out of this album but I will not counted among them. I refuse to attribute this to me "not getting it". I am not going to devalue myself like that.

He asked for reasons why people don't like it and I gave mine. No bait here, user.

Spoken like someone who has never listened to punk rock before

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've listened to some punk rock before but I can't say it's a genre I particularly enjoy or care about. Are you trying to say that this album is supposed to be a representative of the genre or that I wouldn't appreciate the album unless I've gone deep into punk rock?

>The lo-fi shitty garage rock recording makes it difficult to hear everything that they're playing which is really convenient if you're not very good. We'll never really know since I sure as shit am not looking up live performances.
>The lo-fi shitty garage rock
this is what makes it obvious bait. spiderland has notoriously good, crystal clear production. calling it bad would be one thing and kinda believable but calling it lo-fi makes it obvious you're trying to get a rise out of someone

Why would you criticise an album if you have never had any research or experience into the reason why it exists

Stop acting like a smug fuck

If you think that is crystal clear production then there's no help for you, user.

>Calling me smug
Is that the same smugness you get when you have to be part of some secret club who's members have listened to the right combination of music to unlock the secrets of the holy Spiderland? Do you know how ridiculous you sound?

Nu-Sup Forums

nice try newfriend
slintfags have always been redditor numales
their imminent purge and destruction will be a sight to behold

Oh shut up

You gotta be pretty fuckin dumb and inexperienced to come on here and bitch about Sup Forumscore that you've heard like twice and cry about basic bitch shit like spoken word and muh expectations.

Listen again bitch,

I have no reason to. There's nothing of substance there. Just because it's Sup Forumscore doesn't mean anything. It just means a bunch of faggots such as yourself all like the same shitty album. It's ok, user. One day you'll have the though, "Why did I ever think this was good?"

You haven't heard "grandma-core"?

It's because of the election. So many genuine amerimutt retards flocked to this site when that was happening. Sup Forums has never been conservative per se, it has been contrarian and counter-culture, but when word spread of this place during 2016, it became a haven for genuinely dumb conservatards. These people don't have interesting opinions, they're not being contrarian or counter-anything. They're just boring assholes.

These types have spread around the entire site by now. Just look at the discrepancy in memes for example, the virgin walk, and how that meme gets used improperly by at least 50% of people, why do you think that is? Because honest to heart normies unironically worship the "Chad" mentality. Same thing with the brain meme, this is a meme that not even reddit got wrong, but here people would just unironically use it in logical order, they were funny because they were wrong, not the other way around.

This is spreading like a toxic cloud, any and all personality that this site has is being destroyed by boring brainlets that showed up here because "fun and bantz and racism ya'll!!" This classic album won't be replaced by something more interesting, it won't be contrarianism that forces something equally interesting into the limelight, it's going to be reduced as "soycore" and no discussion will replace anything.

mu hates Slint and The Velvet Underground now but loves The Beatles now. Going full Christgau huh? ;)

All hail Scaruffi, fuck The Beatles and all of you should kill yourselves you little wankers.

fuck Christgau and anyone of you who drones his pleb opinions

>¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ITT: virgins get upset that their theme album is being made fun of.

I've always hated that album. Music for douchey betas.

It's because of the poptimist and gen z meme faggots that have shit up this board