/classical/

Someone had to make one. Who cares about the links, no one downloads shit from them anyways.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NBFxF36MxKU
youtube.com/watch?v=xBN7BbyVTpU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZJCBPp-BH78
reddit.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Vt_VWwncf2E
youtube.com/watch?v=YH6xT6rmSD4
youtube.com/watch?v=84-LOynCZ_w
youtube.com/watch?v=nffOJXcJCDg
youtube.com/watch?v=GBD4wmW8Iks
youtube.com/watch?v=1sukIWVPRa8
youtube.com/watch?v=fRVq0vBJD10
youtube.com/watch?v=8LD2om64DsM
youtube.com/watch?v=sE4Myfud-88
youtube.com/watch?v=h4dfd5wvnQQ
theguardian.com/music/2004/mar/25/classicalmusicandopera1
youtube.com/watch?v=LxcMZl6YwNs
youtube.com/watch?v=e_4xcS0qDOw
youtube.com/watch?v=JFIGoB7rK70
youtube.com/watch?v=DVlrJG4xri8
youtube.com/watch?v=Cm79USb4yUg
youtube.com/watch?v=sPOEglIyjVw
youtube.com/watch?v=7vdgZAJVnes
youtube.com/watch?v=bVGBH8JmF5U
youtube.com/watch?v=PyLPhAw7ytA
youtube.com/watch?v=gxyNxRMaBYw
youtube.com/watch?v=s8wBvPDtZaI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaTo1N3EvKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=b0yAA65u4HU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can this be the thread where we talk about Percy Grainger?

Sure, why not

Hindemith
youtube.com/watch?v=NBFxF36MxKU
What is there to talk about him?

He bought a phonograph recorder and took it to tiny ass villages in the Ireland and England to record old people singing rare folk songs. Then arranged the songs into orchestral/wind ensemble mash ups once he got home by layering them on top of each other.

Also he was making electronic music free without standard notation in the 30s.

Also he was really into S&M and loved being whipped. There was talk of an incestuous relationship with his mommy.

Also he removed all non anglo musical terms from his scores and invented new words as replacements.

youtube.com/watch?v=xBN7BbyVTpU

He wanted to be a pirate.

But I don't wanna be a pirate!

>Also he removed all non anglo musical terms from his scores and invented new words as replacements.
This sounds a lot better than using Italian terms.

>tfw it dawns on you what a shite composer Debussy was

His importance is derived from his influence, not his own works.

name one good g*rman composer after brahms

(protip: you literally CANT)

from last thread
what will happen if i practice too much trombone? as in 4 hours everyday only after playing for a month

trombone genie

How do I stop being a pseud?

>this guy

right now i feel like garbage. i just woke up and my lips are sahara tier. hopefully it gets better during the day.

Is there a site better than Discogs for classical music? I've been trying to track down one of their recordings of the Swan Lake Suite (CD, LP, FLAC, whatever - as long as I can get my hands on it) and had a hell of a time doing it.

>Who cares about the links, no one downloads shit from them anyways.
I do you faggot, I need more btw, gimme some links.

is there a classical music discord?

wagner is underrated

Pleb.

Bartók

youtube.com/watch?v=ZJCBPp-BH78

reddit.com/

did you pull that from your bookmarks?

Hindemith
youtube.com/watch?v=Vt_VWwncf2E

Nikolai Roslavets
youtube.com/watch?v=YH6xT6rmSD4

Strauss

youtube.com/watch?v=84-LOynCZ_w

It’s true

Stockhausen
youtube.com/watch?v=nffOJXcJCDg

name one good composer after brahms

(protip: you literally CANT)

richard nixon

>befriended the child mozart in london + gave mozart the influence for his piano concertos

Is he, dare I say it, our guy?

Schöenberg

>Schöen

But Petzold is the one who inspired him and wrote the vast majority of his works.

shoeberg

He influenced more than the piano concertos.
Behold:
youtube.com/watch?v=GBD4wmW8Iks
youtube.com/watch?v=1sukIWVPRa8

Daily reminder that

S C R I A B I N

is a

G O D

>youtube.com/watch?v=fRVq0vBJD10

youtube.com/watch?v=8LD2om64DsM
post pussyslayers

>child ""prodigies""

how did we come to this point

I'd be happy if I had a child who played the piano nicely, but I wouldn't know what to do if I had turned him into something like that. The boy has some good years ahead of him, but once he stops being only a little kid who everyone has to put up with, he's going to get it rough.

Also

>i would love to play another song

OMG! its young Sheldon! *squeaaallll*

Ok this attitude towards child prodigies has to stop. It always drips with spite and jealousy; child prodigies are just people who started early and got gud early. Some continue to get better and some don't.

Mozart was a child prodigy. Could you imagine all the old composers who were jealous? Ridiculous.

why do people say he's bad

Mahler was masterful, easily the most skilled German or Austrian composer of the late 19th century. Along with Stravinsky he represents the height of experimentation within the bounds of common practice.

I don't find Schoenberg pleasant but his work hugely expanded our understanding of pitch and tonality.

Vivaldi

youtube.com/watch?v=sE4Myfud-88

I didn't know al capone was a violinist

but that child was terrible

>In the domain of tonal relations no expansion or innovation is possible, no questions of style are applicable, and there can be no progress, any more than there can be in the multiplication table or the simplest laws of mechanics

Why was Hindemith so stubborn

I think he's right but top lel

Hot take, was this 15 year old piece of ass the down fall of Karajan?

>orchestration (a lot of parts get only a few times to actually play throughout the whole piece)
>cheesy parallelisms out the ass
>lack of functional harmony (or anything rigorous to take its place)

I think the worst thing is in doses I can take it, but I also love jazz and his ideas with harmony, his execution is just... I can't pay attention. Outside of maybe a piece or the entire Suite bergamasque and string quartet (or selections from pieces) I just zone out so easily. I guess some people like that sort of drifting feeling, but I personally come to classical music to focus and get inspired not to zone out.

Why do people fucking play while making those faces and awkward fucking movements

>d mynah ma favrite keee

>kike Jr

haha JEWS xD

>orchestration (a lot of parts get only a few times to actually play throughout the whole piece)
So what?

Orchestration should use parts as much or as little as befits the composer's intention for the piece. Unless you're writing for school orchestras, it's never about being nice and equal to performers.

opinions on pic related?
also
>who cares about the links, no one downloads shit
fuck off, they are really useful and i have revisited most of the ones i thought I'd never download stuff from

How to get a good tone on your instrument:
1. Imitate
2. Mimic
3. Copycat
4. Simulate
5. Echo
6. Impersonate

wrong. One of the important elements of good orchestration is letting all the parts that show up to the performance consistently have things to play.

gottcha

Post Buxtehude

youtube.com/watch?v=h4dfd5wvnQQ

i like him
but i can't remember whether i listened to ben johnston, because of him
pretty sure someone recommended me that here

in what video was that in?

t can't into composing
>One of the important elements of good orchestration is letting all the parts that show up to the performance consistently have things to play
You realize it depend on the piece, correct? Like if you have a concerto and the violinist is playing extremely fast and difficult passage, you can't have every instrument always playing. Sometimes the accompaniment needs to be silent for it to work or accentuate the performer. That or maybe had strong hits to punctuate as well. So your both retarded
I like Adam well enough, though I don't care for his compositions he's played in videos. I've yet to hear the Ben Johnston pieces mostly because I can't hear certain semitones and what not, so while I might like it I can't get it completely. You know, and I respect the idea but there should be a question of "are you trying to forward music" or "are you using semitones as a gimmick". When I saw the sheet music though I didn't really care much for it, but I just need to hear the actually performances in full.

reminder that the principal percussionist is paid more than the non-principal violinists and stringcucks think this is ok
theguardian.com/music/2004/mar/25/classicalmusicandopera1

That's why you pay for the qt prime "cusp of pizza" girl percussionist and plow her on the side.

plz rec moar lyk ths plz
youtube.com/watch?v=LxcMZl6YwNs

post your last frission inducing piece
youtube.com/watch?v=e_4xcS0qDOw

I didn't say always, you dumb asshole but Debussy has pieces where there is like one timpani roll in the entire work. He's also extremely neglectful of lower-register instruments, particularly brass. The problem with Debussy is he just doesn't give a fuck. Today he'd be making "brain dance".

I think his best work is Clair de lune, which I think is ruined with orchestration (though Stokowski did it so that might be on him). Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune I think works well orchestrated and I enjoy that, but I think he was more of a piano guy. But I'm not arguing on how good Debussy is, I was more saying that you arguing over that making something good or bad is dumb. But yeah the orchestra pieces of his I've heard are shit.

>I think his best work is Clair De Lune

Then why the fuck am I talking to you?

*plays the organ with elbows for 15 minutes*

there is nothing wrong with clusters

youtube.com/watch?v=JFIGoB7rK70

I probably should have said best as in my favorite

pretty rad actually

ravel
youtube.com/watch?v=DVlrJG4xri8

No Nicky Rimjob Korsakoff is totz /ourguy/ though

That still tells me you need to familiarize yourself with more of his oeuvre. Like don't get me wrong, I said he was a bad composer for the reasons I mentioned but there are still works of his I enjoy because they have cells of truly interesting music amidst unconvincing modulations and unfocussed meandering. When I was starting out on classical he was one of my favorite composers.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cm79USb4yUg

Any actual classical music like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=sPOEglIyjVw

I think you need to reread
>Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune I think works well orchestrated and I enjoy that, but I think he was more of a piano guy. But I'm not arguing on how good Debussy is, I was more saying that you arguing over that making something good or bad is dumb. But yeah the orchestra pieces of his I've heard are shit.
and
>I think the worst thing is in doses I can take it, but I also love jazz and his ideas with harmony, his execution is just... I can't pay attention. Outside of maybe a piece or the entire Suite bergamasque and string quartet (or selections from pieces) I just zone out so easily. I guess some people like that sort of drifting feeling, but I personally come to classical music to focus and get inspired not to zone out.
He's a lot of fun to analyze but I don't think he's as fun to listen to.

actually I find myself listening to a lot of Debussy now because I don't feel like I owe it my full attention. He's not building anything cohesive so I can just stop it where-ever. I can put it on in the background, it doesn't matter.

youtube.com/watch?v=7vdgZAJVnes

obviously based on Fratres

this is what CLTorisis actually believe

youtube.com/watch?v=bVGBH8JmF5U

t respects gays

So tomorrow is snowing and the city is going to be really beautiful. What do you guys recommend to listen to while walking through a monumental European capital covered in snow?

Who's the idiot that let the last thread die?
youtube.com/watch?v=PyLPhAw7ytA

I just downloaded Schoenberg's book faggot.

based frog poster

prepare for the densest object in the universe

youtube.com/watch?v=gxyNxRMaBYw
>Oistrakh
Stop posting shit interpretations you retard.
youtube.com/watch?v=s8wBvPDtZaI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaTo1N3EvKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=b0yAA65u4HU

No one downloads stuff from the links because of the dearth of Petzoldian fury.

do you guys have a special place to download classic or do you use good ol soulseek?

limewire or pewtube

lmao you are fucking retarded

explain why the interpretation is shit

rutracker

Vivaldi - Winter :^)