I don’t watch TV...

>I don’t watch TV. It’s a cultural wasteland filled with inappropriate metaphors and an unrealistic portrayal of life created by the liberal media elite.

Babylon 5 thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vpb1OXvNNMc
youtube.com/watch?v=w6YWWCWxI-8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you and me are the only people watching this.

i am even an outsider to outsiders.

i am the 0.00001 percent.

>It's a Season 4 was supposed to end with Sheridan being interrogated but they thought they were getting cancelled so had to rush through the plot episode
A shame.

youtube.com/watch?v=vpb1OXvNNMc

Outta my way, Centauri shits

>In Star Kek you can magically make any food you want appear out of nothing

>In Babykino 5 they can't even get eggs to the station because they'd spoil before arriving

Anyone else appreciate how realistic B5 was? Realistic to a certain degree given that it's a sci-fi show?

Also, time to cry again.

youtube.com/watch?v=w6YWWCWxI-8

>ywn live a patriotic life and become leader of the free world and then die at the hands of your best frenemy

>ywn drink with Londo and reminisce about the good old days

NO FUCK YOU

I cried enough rewatching the show this year.

B5 had some really funny lines, especially rapport between Londo and G'kar when they weren't at each other's throat.

>Anyone else appreciate how realistic B5 was? Realistic to a certain degree given that it's a sci-fi show?

I think it was always very believable in a sense it felt lived in. Battlestar Galactica had the same quality, but Babylon 5 did it much better and with aliens.

season 5 was pretty much needless

>You weren't born early enough to talk about Babylon 5 when it was airing

>You weren't born early enough to go to conventions and meet the cast and talk to other fans

feelsbadfamalam

>mfw discovering the story of what was happening to Michael O'Hare while they were filming the first season

rewatched it after our good and dear friend mr garibaldi died.

is there a show with a more cursed cast?

That fucked me up too. I was also upset when I found out that Michael O'Hare and Jerry Doyle hated each other. Or at least Jerry Doyle hated O'Hare. Not sure why.

It's amazing to me that, while arc-based stories became the norm with time, nothing since or before has really done it as well as Babylon 5. I realize seasons are shorter these and Babylon 5 had its share of "monster of the week" episodes, but even those still had bits that contributed to larger stories.

It was actually planned beginning to end

Other shows like Babylon 5, lost, they just wing it and write themselves into corners they have to ignore. Start pretending there's all this mystery that will lead up to something but it never does

I wish more shows would try, but I guess there's the risk they won't get renewed

Not a shame at all, season 4 was amazing because they had to speed up the plot. It's the only season without a ton of filler

Sure it made it harder for them to figure out what the fuck to do in season 5, but it still turned out alright

Exactly. S5 is probably the only really meh season to be, ignoring S1 and growing pains every show goes through.

Post the absolutely worst character.

Delenn is easily the worst

>he came all this way just to say that

user plz

People say S1 is bad. I'd describe it as "worthy". It's no more boring than S1 of Star Trek TNG, and has a few good episodes. You appreciate what it does more after thing get gud in S2.

Season 1 is a lot easier to enjoy on rewatch. Knowing where things are headed, it makes seeing them go about normal station business and having episodic adventures pretty damn comfy

It's actually the season I revisit the most

I watched TNG a couple years ago and was shocked at how much of a slog the first season was, if I was a newcomer to it and didn't remember good episodes later in it I probably would have given up.

I'd say B5 season 1 has held up better.

Yeah man, that hurt.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I like season one. It's fun seeing how pervy and hammy G'Kar is before everything goes awry for him.

Through the glory of Centauri technology, you are now reading this in my voice.

Everyone agrees the ISN episodes and the interrogation episodes were the best right?

>tfw the head writer actually predicted Putin's takeover of Russia

Cartagia owned. Lennier was the worst.