I don't understand how you fuckers have such a big library of music. What are good programs to use to find more...

I don't understand how you fuckers have such a big library of music. What are good programs to use to find more? Album recommendations appreciated

do you use any music streaming services

I have spotify and that's it aside from using youtube

Discovery weekly on Spotify is pretty good, but won't show you anything too out there. YouTube seems to show me new unique stuff rather than a bunch of songs derivative of what I already like. Last.fm can help you out too.

spotify nigga, also youtube. good music comes with dedication like music from the radio is garbage unless you are on a radio genre you perfer

sharethreads on Sup Forums and browsing the archive (assuming hiro doesn't kill it for good)

Rateyourmusic.com
Discord groups
Following ppl on twitter
and if you're a normie, private music facebook groups

soulseek for sure

lad you gotta live and love and attach albums to experiences in your life. listen to music you like and make it a part of your life. good times and bad times.

Have you tried actually talking to people?

I dig around Bandcamp for my shit.

soulseek my friend. It's crazy the gems you can find on there

Before I had the internet I found music by going to music shops and gigs. After the internet I find music by doing exactly the same thing except the shops were replaced with Google.

Read the sticky ma boi

last.fm/spotify similiars
bandcamp
blogspots

don't ever come to Sup Forums first for new or good music

jpopsuki/redacted

t. 191gb of music

Listen to Cradle of Filth

absolutely not this, they all have shit taste and you have nothing to learn from them

that said I scrobble my plays from musicbee (I think you can do this from Spotify too) and then use the recommendations from Last.fm
also when listening to an album I like I'll scroll through the Rateyourmusic chart for that genre, and listen to the best albums in that genre from all time/this year/2010's and try to listen to the major artists of that genre
also if you search the archive with "mega|mediafire|zippy" it will give you all the sharethread posts with download links, tho lots are expired and you have to use soulseek or torrent them
Spotify/Google Play both have solid radio stations that are tuned to your taste/based on artists that give solid recommendations

Soulseek and iTunes or foobar is all u need

Have you tried talking to people who actually share your interests, or seeking out people whose tastes differ to yours, but whose aesthetic judgement you value and respect?

Sure, few of my friends like the music I do, but plenty of them have some genre of music they're really into, and which they're knowledgable enough about to guide me further into. It's not like you need someone to be better than you at everything to learn from them, just better at one thing.

wcd

Not that user but most of the people I've met who share my music taste are insufferable hipsters

See, there a plenty of people you have all sorts of things in common with!

Seriously though, my whole point was that they don't have to have your music taste, they just need to have enough of a music taste of their own to make you respect and value their opinions and insights.

You know what I'm saying? I don't really like much hip-hop; although there are one or two artists I enjoy, my inexperience in the genre means that finding things I like within it requires a massive expense of time and effort (as I'm basically wading through piles of shit trying to pick out gems at random). I know two people in particular who have completely different tastes to me, they don't listen to nearly any of the music I do, and I don't listen to nearly anything they do, but they've clearly invested enough time and thought into hip-hop to have really cultivated a palate of their own, and while I still may not like it (due to my own musical biases and tastes), I can be assured that anything they suggest that I listen to has something about it which makes it worth listening to - something which I will almost certainly grow to appreciate if I give it the time it deserves. As a bonus to that, the fact that they've devoted so much time and effort to music (as well as the fact that I know them so well) also means that I can be fairly confident that the things they suggest I listen to are not only of quality, but also curated to me with an understanding of where I'm at in terms of my tentative first steps into hip-hop, and where my particular tastes skew.

Terrible suggestions

I rather not listen to my favorite tracks in bad times
I might associate it with them and I'll break down in tears crying
Or ill associate those tracks with bad times and I wouldn't want to listen to them while in good times ;_;.