So why wasn't The Emperor included as a cameo in Rogue One? Surely he is even more important than Vader

So why wasn't The Emperor included as a cameo in Rogue One? Surely he is even more important than Vader.

Other urls found in this thread:

vid.me/r5to
youtube.com/watch?v=_hoXNXSpmng
youtube.com/watch?v=PALjbTo1D5U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why would he be? What exactly would he do? Vader is there do the Emperors dirty work. You hardly see him in the original movies.

>You hardly see him in the original movies.
Why though? I forgot if they explained why he only shows up in Episode 6

he shows up in episode 5 as well. and it's because he is the big guy of the empire, he can't be everywhere

>Why though

Because he's the Emperor. Why would he be there chasing some rebels? He's got an entire fleet and Vader to do that

this. and at the time rogue one is happening he's too busy dissolving the senate anyway.

>and at the time rogue one is happening he's too busy dissolving the senate anyway.
So why didn't we get a cameo of him then doing his own thing?

Because 'no politics' also means no Sheev being a political and strategic mastermind and watching him orchestrate a bunch of moves to a climax where he dissolves a thousands of year old institution in the face of a crisis
But honestly, either because they're saving him for a later cameo or Ian McDiarmid said no to the role and they haven't found a replacement yet

Because Vader=$$$$$$

>Ian McDiarmid said no to the role
nope Ian definitely wants to do it

No idea

I wish they'd make a Sheev movie

This, he's the only character who seems like he'd have a cool origin story besides Boba Fett (even though they ruined him in the prequels).

Found 3D CAM version leaked footage from ending scene. Source: Reddit posts.

Video: vid.me/r5to

Can someone spoonfeed me on where the sheev meme started? I don't get it.

Eh he was busy. I like that he wasn't in it and Vader was just in it a lil bit. It made it even cooler when Vader shows up, whips out a lightsaber and starts force choking and throwing niggas and slicing them up. Made it feel special.

Fuck that's actually pretty cool, shame he's only in the film for a short time.

A new Star Wars book (I think about Tarkin) addressed his full name as Sheev Palpatine, and everyone laughed at how stupid it sounded.

>A new Star Wars book (I think about Tarkin) addressed his full name as Sheev Palpatine
There was a Palpatine toy figure posted on /toy/ and on the box art it said "Sheev Palpatine"

kek

They have Vader go full Force Unleashed?

This was totally out of the blue for me, I never expected there to be a Vader slaughter scene in a Disney Star Wars movie.

Last third of this movie was incredible, just kept getting better and better

Thats exactly what it remanded me of, except being on the receiving end. It was a brutally efficient display of power

Would you say it's worth seeing for that last act?
I'm probably going with a friend tomorrow and I've got an AMC gift card.

yes it's worth it.

Alright, I was pretty worried about the identity politics bullshit that the movie's awful writer was pushing for.

Because Disney knows that ameridumbs were literally too dumb for the kindergarten "politics" of Attack of the Clones and knows best than to repeat the mistake.

The Vader slaughter scene was great because he didn't waste time, he just kept going and going at his objective killing in one hit or using the force very fast.
It's also cool how they're completely sending the Prequel fights choreography a big fuck off with more grounded scenes and no fucking somersaults and shit.

it really isn't a thing, they actually cut the "I Rebel" stuff out of the final movie, thankfully.
people who say otherwise right now haven't watched the movie yet (looking at you, americans)

Sheev is a funny name.

A few of his scenes were pretty meme-y.
>Ironic
>UNLIMITED POWAH
>Not from a Jedi
>It's treason then OAUGHAHOGH

He's actually a decent character.

The fighting scenes sometimes felt like Mass Effect or Gears of War. Tactical cover everywhere.

Thank you, Sheev!

His lines aren't any more or less cringy than all of Padmé and Anakin's romance lines, the difference is that Ian MacDirmid is fully aware his lines are shit and so just had an utter blast with them chewing on the scenery like no-ones business.

Palpy is definitely the prequels best character.

Obi-wan is played well, but he just can't go all out with the fuck awful dialogue like Sheev can

Ian and Ewan were the only ones on set having any fun and it shows.

I thought he was the senate

Because he doesn't sell as many toys.

I hope that's the case, Edwards seems like a pretty competent director and I figured the writer was brought in by Disney.

>Master Windu, I'm Senate
Nolan stole this line.

Writer posted that shit on twitter for publicity, the movie doesn't have a single SJW moment, it's mostly Tarkin BTFO the main Admiral every two scenes, then it's Admiral getting BTFO by Vader and then radical Rebels going talibans on Empire troops in the desert, then a sort of Guns of Navarone third act that reedems a pretty weak and plothole heavy second act.

I don't understand why the prequels focused so much on Anakin/Vader. Being the Chosen One didn't seem to amount to shit, he was strong but he could still get fucked by the Emperor without trouble.

I was kind of hoping for that admiral to be a badass, oh well.

>It's also cool how they're completely sending the Prequel fights choreography a big fuck off with more grounded scenes and no fucking somersaults and shit.

This, I'm so glad they've been doing this since ep VII, every fight looks more believable and fatal because of it

the skill had been lost by this period so that is why choreography had to be different, and post-transformation vader has never been shown to use his ataru moves.

Thank god for that, leave anime shit in anime, it just looks wrong in 3D.

Because it's not relevant to the plot of the movie you fucking retarded spergs. The point of storytelling is the separation of signal from noise, plot from setting. It's why anyone who's not autistic can realize why the silmarillion would be a terrible film. A film about the American Revolution doesn't need scenes of King George discussing their plans for India, and a story about rebels planning an attack on a military installation doesn't need scenes of an anthropomorphic scrotum passing legislation.

>skill has been lost
more likely George Lucas didn't have any input.

>doesn't need scenes of an anthropomorphic scrotum passing legislation.
Why would they put Merkel into a Star Wars movie anyway?

To me thats one of the hallmarks of being a good actor/actress.

Someone who can deliver bad/archaic/hammy dialogue and make it passable or even good. Ewan and Ian never felt jarring to me. Poor Hayden got the worst lines of all however... He wasn't bad when there wasn't dialogue, he emoted well and body language etc.

>Poor Hayden got the worst lines of all however... He wasn't bad when there wasn't dialogue, he emoted well and body language etc.
I challenge you to find a single actor that could ever carry this scene.

FUG Padme was the most attractive ever there..

btw here is a brilliant scene with no dialogue and Christensen of course does a 10/10 job
youtube.com/watch?v=_hoXNXSpmng

Sheev is also a trolling cunt. Vader's Fortress? On Mustafar given to him by Sheev.

The corset gave Portman tits and the hair and makeup people knew how to get the most out of her facial structure.

George Lucas knew what the fans wanted

He's not wrong though. Only ones left were Obi-Wan who Luke learned nothing but the basics from in like a week? And Yoda, maybe two weeks?

Luke was self-taught and only won because Vader didnt want to kill his own son, and he tossed Palpatine into the abyss because of it.

In the prequels Jedis trained since they were kids. Obi-Wan beat Anakin, Yoda, Windu and some other council member would have done so too.

I wanted her to be sold into slavery and raped by a Hutt

or maybe they introduced that shit during the prequel time because Matrix fights were popular then and now thought it was silly and removed it again

Because Emperor doesn't get directly involved in this shit, he leaves it to Vader and his underlings

oh yes please

We don't need to see people bouncing off walls and flipping and flying around the room. The emotion of the fights is much more important

How was Dooku so damn strong? He beat Obi-wan, Anakin and tied Yoda all in a row.

Then he reks Obi-Wan again, and gets humiliated by Anakin.

Why don't we get a standalone Sheev movie? I want to see the events right after 3 where Sheev dissolves the senate and sends a younger vader out to take out old enemies. We can see how the rebels start to form as well.

I want a young Palpatine, Darth Plageuis movie but since Disney hates the prequels, they won't make it

Except Luke does a superjump in Empire, the best film in the franchise.

I think Obi-wan figuratively shat his pants because he was the mentor of Qui-Gonn, he respected him so much it was bordering fear/awe. It didn't help that he was really strong too both with force and fencing.

they plan to do more non-trilogy movies so maybe you'll see some shit like that.

>Except Luke does a superjump in Empire
This when he is escaping the freezing tube thing as well as jumping around and being acrobatic with Yoda.

Yoda is old and frail because he has been living in a swamp for 40 or so years with no exercise as well as the depression which made him a bit senile when he first met Luke and was going through his food.

Obi Wan has been living as a hermit for 40 years and being in the heat a lot which has caused him to age a lot more compared to someone like Bail Organa who has aged very healthily as we see in Rogue One.

>one single super jump equals bouncy ball yoda

>as well as the depression which made him a bit senile when he first met Luke and was going through his food.
He was pretending to be crazy as a test. You'll also notice that when Lucas isn't writing, he stops talking backwards when he's no longer pretending to be an insane old man.

>he stops talking backwards
Is this from the David Lynch cut?
youtube.com/watch?v=PALjbTo1D5U

It really wasn't. Okay the ROTS lava fight was over the top. But aside from that i liked it, they're space paladins/monks with superhuman reflexes and telekinesis, ofc they can do spectacular stuff.

Phantom Menace fights had emotion, so did the ones in EP 2. Dooku fight in EP3 as well, Grievous was just a fun spectacle.

they don't want people to remember how awesome he is

because snooke is an obvious afterthought by JJ and pales in comparison to Sheev.

>Rule of Two
>Snoke obviously alive during Sidious-Vader reign

Hol up

I hope the memes are truth and Rey ends up being Sheev grandaughter

>Grievous was just a fun spectacle.

Yeah, up until you realize he was toned down to be a shitty jobber for Obi-Wan to walk over

I would've loved to see him wreck shit as Vader did in this movie

Well, outside the old Clone Wars animation at least.

>why wasn't The Emperor included as a cameo in Rogue One?

Because Vader is the draw and Sidious is the Jannetty

>The dark side
>Caring about rules

Rule of two doesn't mean you can't be training up someone to take their place cause you see them as weak.

Its as much a training thing for your real apprentice as what it is for finding someone new

He would have been a goat character if his past ties with the jedi were more fleshed out

Also Qui Gon shouldn't have died in Episode I

Thank you, Sheev!

GET OUT OF HERE KRAYT REEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!