Why Hollywood loves to ruin great franchises?

It's because the name brand makes them money, and that's all they care about.

to make money

when you have the rights to an established IP with a built-in fanbase, of course you're going to use it in whatever way you think will line your pockets

I was ok with the prequels and Lucas did a excellent job on The Clone Wars (Dave Filoni was a hired servant on that series).

Disney and JJ Abrams should be put into the gas oven.

Star Trek 2009, like The Force Awakens, was a movie ABOUT it's predecessors. That is in addition to using the original Star Wars plot.

the worst part is when they continue to throw money at them. nu-trek is insanely far from what it was originally about. I thought I'd see more resistance but iunno.. maybe everyone is retarded now.

>great franchises
face it fanboys, they are above average at best.
I mean have any of you even seen the original trilogy? Shitty acting shitty story shitty effects and okay effects for the budget and time.
Lucas just got lucky and it clicked with autists for some reason.

Or perhaps you're trying too hard to be contrarian.

why foreigners try to properly format sentence when they no know english?

with nu-Trek they're trying to turn it into a generic sci-fi action series to appeal to normalfags who don't even like Star Trek, while at the same time appealing to nostalgiafags by using beloved characters from TOS

No one seems to care that it's horrendous fanfiction level shit, and yeah, I definitely think general audiences have become a lot dumber and less discerning over the last 20 years

>They're ruined because they no longer pander to just white nerds!

Keep crying faggot.

>Star Trek 2009, like The Force Awakens, was a movie ABOUT it's predecessors

I never really see this brought up. It feels like they're both movies about things that already happened or will happen, not what's happening in the moment. There's no reason to watch the current movie the next one is supposed to be better.

I've noticed something... The original trilogy, at least the last 2, still have good looking space shit and visuals for the ships and battles, the new TFA looks like shitty cgi especially the tentacle monsters

nah, not really.

who knows, truly a mystery

star wars movies are now way better than the prequels

star trek movies are better than the boring turds they used to be

your point faggot?

i liked both FA and RO, you guys gotta stop this bullshit

>It feels like they're both movies about things that already happened or will happen

Yes what I meant to say is JJ went Tarentino and made meta-movies with Star Trek 2009 and Star Wars VII, with Trek 2009 being borderline SNL skits stitched together at times.

Can I just ask, who the fuck thinks these were great franchises?

Star Wars OT had: 1 average film, 1 good film, 1 bad film with redeeming qualities

Star Wars Prequels were all garbage, absolute garbage

Star Wars 7 was generic, forced, and an enormous rehash of what came before

I haven't seen the new one, nor do I really care about seeing it, but who can honestly argue that Star Wars has been a "great franchise"?

Not speaking on Star Trek at all for this, just Star Wars.

Beyond is more Trek than almost any Trek movie, save for 1, 4, and 6.

I liked it a lot.

Nice trips, which one is average and which one is great?

why do people say this? How is pointless action with an underdeveloped villain with generic motives like and Star Trek show other than the terrible Next Gen era movies? It comes off like bad fanfiction because it is and it just got made into a movie because the fanfic writer is famous.

Rule of Hollywood:

The more money a film has a chance to earn, the more executives and suits with no creative talent will be involved with the only goal of trying to squeeze even more money out

>How about us Non White nerds?

Most of us loved classic Trek.

JJ ruined one of the most iconic Black characters of all time by turning her into a slut.

Think about it, a character that was so influential to Black America (a intelligent Black Woman who wasn't a maid and didn't act like a thug nigger in the '60s) that Marin Luther King asked the actress not to leave the show, turned into a unprofessional slut that craved Vulcan cock.

Do you think that Blacks like this SJW shit.

White liberal use white guilt to help white faggots, ugly white women and other white degenerates.

Blacks are too busy killing each other and stealing from whitey to care that a shit character portrayed by a shit actress from half a century ago was "ruined". Not everyone obsess over the SJW boogeyman.

Both of those franchises have always blown (except for Star Wars video games).

I enjoy the new Star Trek movies but TFA was shit.

I think, some how, they missed the entire point of star trek. don't ask me how you can watch a series and totally miss the point but who knows. there are mother fuckers out there actually thought trump would keep his promises.

>I thought I'd see more resistance but iunno
it's a completely different audience. they don't know what it was originally about