DAAAMN. IS IT THAT BAD?

"Is It Time to Abandon the Star Wars Franchise?" -New Yorker

"A laughable parody of itself" -Philadelphia Inquirer

"A couple of 9-year-olds on a screen-free rainy afternoon would come up with better adventures, and probably also better dialogue." - New York Times

"...about as exciting as a long drive down the Florida Turnpike. " Miami Herald

"Rogue One made me nostalgic for the prequels" -TIME

films and movies are a shitty medium for art
only rich kids get into film and use it for money laundering

film and movies is a joke

naah, this is Sup Forums

Saw it last night.
The first two acts of the film are completely forgettable trash, I was bored shitless.

The only watchable part of the film was the last act, the battle of THAT was somewhat enjoyable to watch.

What is the common criticism with this movie?

StarWarsfags BTFO

The last part made it woth in my opinion. Decent enough film overall but with a slow start.

Or maybe I just had very low expectations after episode VII

It was terrible because it lacked a more SJW plot.

>Undeveloped characters
>Bad pacing

That's about it

I had no problems with either of those points
Honestly this movie was great with some truly iconic Star Wars scenes.

>the force awakens comes out
>it's mediocre/bad
>critics praise it

>rogue one comes out
>it's mediocre/bad
>critics are suddenly critical of soulless Disney films and of nostalgia media

>The hollyjews are no longer using their battle meditation against us, the tide has turned!

t. Disney shill

once the movie gets going it's awesome, I'm not dumb enough to look up op's shit claims

TFA wasn't bad or mediocre, you just need to accept this.

t. Warner Bros shill

BvS was shit, fuck off.

t. video game playing nu-male

I think that it was much, much better than TFA. People are criticizing the new locations and lack of baggage, etc. but personally I could have gone without TFA being on not!Tattoine.

This is true

But we don't care

t. fedora tipping atheist

i couldn't even finish it

True, it was worse than bad.

seeWe're done here.

>not caring about proper characterization and storyline
>only muh nostalgia
This is why Star Wars will be nothing more than just a nostalgia pandering after Disney bought it because people like you are exists

Did Disney forget a couple of zeros on their checks? Weren't these people praising TFA?

>some truly iconic Star Wars scenes.
Talk like a person you fucking reptile freak

get over it, lad.

Lol what? Projecting a bit there

You heard me WB shill.

leave.

LMAO I thought you were memeing. They are real

And which one of those was a franchise Disney spent several billion dollars on?

le numale blogger critics are a good metric meme

The difference in criticism/perception is really weird to me. I didn't like TFA, I thought it was really unoriginal except where it Abrams indulging in his own tastes, it spelled a lot out/was very conventional, it didn't look amazing. About all I did like where I felt there was chemistry between the main cast trio.

Rogue One is in a difference and much more hopeless time period, so I didn't mind that the characters were darker and more subdued. But even beyond that - it looks so much better. There's stuff I haven't seen before and the shots which are meant to be impressive are impressive. The movie is spare, there isn't much fat on it, but there doesn't need to be. It's the Star Wars "Dirty Dozen".

irrelevant.

proof shills exist. i'll wait.

Nice try Satan.

You heard me, stop living in denial.

see

>Undeveloped characters
the ending should justify this point

the pacing, i heard, was a bit off in the first 2 acts
i dont know to what extent until i see it

BvS is shit. So is Rogue one.

Bad character development and shit pacing. You could easily do away with the first half of the movie and not notice. The characters were forgettable and I didn't care about them at all except for that blind monk dude.

>Lucas doesn't like TFA
>gets praised by critics

>Lucas loves Rogue One
>Critics destroy it

He still controls the franchise whether you like it or not

It was amazing.
It ends at the start of episode one. The main character dies. Darth Vader fights rebel troops, morgan freeman apoears YES.
Also lmao at americucks who cant watch it until the 16th

>underprivileged characters

Rouge One is not.

Just wait for the Han Solo movie.

>rouge

STOP PLEASE

>nu Star Wars fans

How pathetic.

Will I like it if I was disappointed in TFA for being derivative Dutch angle filled trash?

I thought it was really good. Much better than the last one by far

Why do nu-males ruin everything by association? There needs to be research done into this.

>being excited for the Han Solo movie

The more you post, the more you sound like a literal shill.

Lucas liked Rogue One, so if you didnt like TFA you'll be fine

it was bad, even for capeshit standards.

female lead looks and acts like she could gives less shits.

It'still too white. They need to get rid of all the white actors.

>Just wait for the Han Solo movie.
I'd rather NOT watch Disney rape Han Solo's legacy even further than they did during TFA.

>"A couple of 9-year-olds on a screen-free rainy afternoon would come up with better adventures, and probably also better dialogue." - New York Times

It's not a nu-male thing but a human thing. Some humans are so weak that they need to latch on and obsess over things like this because they can't develop a personality. This is prevalent in the west because we got it too good. You won't see nu-male Star Wars fans in Syria for example for a reason.

>Han Solo movie

Seriously, who is asking for this?

>it ends at the start of episode one
So we get to see more Obi Wan and Qui-Gon negotiating trade deals? Sweet!

Canst thou provision mine soul wit' a origin for the claim?

...what?

We need to subvert that male chauvinist character in some way, just wait for it...

>Morgan Freeman
gb2 leddit

This.

It was so bad I didn't even watch it.

>This is the head of Lucas Film now

>be a Star Wars, Star Trek, Video Game, Magic the gathering nerd all my young life
>mocked by everyone especially woman
>grow older, dependency on those falls, enjoy a game here and there and movies
>all of a sudden it's "cool" to like those things
>all of a sudden those things are "bad" if they include too many white people and not enough woman
>all of a sudden this shit I had to hide to fit in is everywhere but it is being diluted to all hell and not interesting anymore as well as not welcoming me to enjoy this shit anymore

Nerds had a hard life.

I want some sauce, nigger.

he also got 3 more billion to say that :p

>A laughable parody of itself
Hopefully President Trump can right this sinking ship of a franchise.

Are you me? In fact I just play some old Dark Forces and Republic Commando games right now. Might just read some dead EU books too.

It was amazing as a "filler". It would have been a disappointing film if it stood alone, but knowing the story before and after it's great.

We are the Sufferers user, but we must endure.

And Lucas has terrible fucking taste anyway

Don't forget, bringing this up is you marginalizing the "real" struggles all minorities have to face and white nerds never faced real hardships.

I'm at least happy I saw all of this shit getting popular coming as soon as the internet came into existence, and as a result the realization that everything I once looked hard to find, to be introduced to something new and exciting that might change the way I think, was now meant to appeal to literally everybody on planet Earth, and by such a definition, is not interested in changing how anyone thinks.

tl;dr I'd rather be called a hipster than have to suffer the masses killing what I love.

Thats a comfy gif there pal

It was ok, not a great movie but still better than TFA.
Why the critics weren't hating on TFA like that?

because there was a big nigger as the lead maybe

Sup Forums lied to me. I was expecting to write some autistic rants about sjw, political correctness and jews, but I really liked and it really didn't feel political. Though it was like a completely different movie after the first half

Why are us nerds still here? Just to suffer??

>political correctness
If you didn't see why this movie is PC you are beyond hope. Get off Sup Forums this is a white mans board. You aren't welcome Schlomo.

Oy vey, us jews are white

it was worse than the prequels

>ANOTHER DEATH STAR

The Force Awakens
>New characters are identical to character archetypes from the old movies
>Keeps dropping in old characters and going "Hey remember these guys? Aren't you feeling nostalgic?"
>Didn't say the name of the movie in the movie
>Story is identical to episode iv
>The notEmpire are comic book evil literally Hitler

Rogue One
>Almost entirely new characters, although most of them weren't expanded on enough to care about them when they died
>The only character cameo and nostalgia shit was a small thing with r2d2 and c3po at the rebel base as everyone was leaving, every other old character felt like they had a reason to be there
>Said the name of the movie in the movie
>A unique, self contained story that was pretty ok
>The Empire isn't depicted as comic book evil literally Hitler

I would honestly put Rogue One 4th of 5th in a power ranking of all the movies.

My problems with the movie are alot less pragmatic than characterisation or pacing.
Is it fair to say then that this entire movie was pointless as the movie that immediately follows it means that anyone but the people in this one are the ones remembered?
I mean, was episode 4 really about where they got the plans from? And did the weakness really need explaining in physical terms that placed it alongside the likeability of midiclorians rather than Luke using the force to actually make a diffrence? And finally why did the Death star need to be powered by the same crystals as Lightsabers?
The movie clarifies but it still doesn't matter. The nest movie invalidates everything.

>he paid to watch Rogue One
>he didn't go to see La La Land all by himself
lmaoing @ ur liv3s

The fact that the whole movie is pointless, in addition to meshing poorly with ANH, really rubs me the wrong way.

What was I supposed to take from this movie? Just turn my brain off and enjoy the third act?

Ouch, right in the fucking feels.

Yes I felt so empty once again after I watched it today... I told myself I would never go back to the theater for disney after TFA.. I made the mistake again.

Saw it 1 hour ago, it was easily the best star wars movie yet.

Darker than any of the previous movies, still a franchise for kids, probably always will be.

Revenge of the Sith was way darker

anyone still have the dropbox that has the vader wrecking scene?

It was absolutely mediocre, in every way. It's double egregious since Kasdan was part of it, but I think his decision to completely depart the franchise after TFA is evidence that J. J. bears most of the blame as lead scriptwriter. Bringing Kasdan on might have been just to add legitimacy to J. J. blatantly borrowing a plot not just from an older movie, but an older movie within the same franchise.

The fact the movie is filled with perfect whizz-bang effects does not make it a good Star Wars movie, or a good movie in general. The fact the dialogue is snappy, if relatively inconsequential, does not make it an entertaining movie. TFA was probably the safest and most boring blockbuster possible to restart the franchise. That critics are morons and incapable of thinking beyond the brand, is not an indicator it was an acceptable movie.

It was an incredibly banal movie, and will be remembered as such when the 'dust has settled'.

This.

I took my nieces and nephew to see that movie in the theatres and they were pretty traumatized by it.

I guess, alot of this went down in ep III, but i felt they showed a great deal of surprising scenes in rogue 1

>Dark
>franchise for kids
pick one.