Why don’t black people like metal? Hell, I don’t even know a single black musician that plays in a metal band

Why don’t black people like metal? Hell, I don’t even know a single black musician that plays in a metal band

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gmRlyyLaHhY
youtube.com/watch?v=d48amP2HONE
youtube.com/watch?v=aOorZuf1l40
youtube.com/watch?v=j1l1z0pE5aA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Hell, I don’t even know

There's your problem.

Spaceghostpurrp likes metal, and he's the most innovative producer of the 21st century

oceano's one

>anything related to race at all is automatically Sup Forumstard material

Jump off a bridge.

Been wondering that myself. And what's with the Scandinavians being so adept at making metal while most of their other music usually doesn't go beyond their borders?

Tosin Abasi, Caller of Storms from Blasphemy, that guy from Suffocation etc.

>I don’t even know a single black musician that plays in a metal band

*ahem*

There is the Suffocation guy, the Sepultura guy, Living Color, Black Death and ummmmmm...

You have never been in south America, have you? I'm brazilian and one of my fav friends is black. His favorite band is Helloween and Motorhead.

Also, there's a huge numbers of metalheads in a lot of countries in Africa.

Is this bait?

>best friend

Fixed.

All that screaming is trash

Race is not music discussion or a musical topic.

Blasphemy had a black guy as the guitarist.

Maybe that’s the case in South America, but I swear to God that everywhere else the black community is not keen on the metal genre

What did they mean by this?

>Race is not a musical topic
do you even listen to music?

Sorry, have you never heard of this guy named Ice-T?

Who cares about what black people listen to or think about

Yes.

I do

>Ski Mask The Slump God
>XXXTentacion
>Trippie Redd
>Smokepurpp
All of them are metal heads
>Ice-T
>Thundercat
Only musicians off the top of my head who play(ed) in a metal band

>Metal

music does

Tosin Abasi of Animals As Leaders
the singer of Circuit of Suns
the guitarist of Mystifier

I'm black. I mostly listened to the classics of the genre to expand my musical tastes, liked some of it but a lot Metal and Metal fans are very... cringeworthy.

Sepultura's vocalist is black

It might be unfair, but there's a pretty widespread stereotype that metalheads are white supremacists. Not surprising that blacks would steer clear most of the time.

because black people stopped giving a shit about music in general quite a while before metal was even born

Are rap fans not cringy though?

I think it's pretty simple actually. Metal was a genre that developed in Europe,for a black guy it wasn't very appealing to see a bunch of white Europeans talking about wizards, occultism and shit like that. Look at the names of most metal bands of the NWOBHM and what they sing about, it's no surprise that it would not appeal to other people than whites. When metal came to the US one of the most famous bands were Def Leppard, a band full of blond white guys and union jacks.
Also you have to take in account that America is a country with a huge racial segregation and music takes part in that, you have black music, white music, latino music and all that shit, metal was probably labeled white music.
One exception for that is probably Brazil's metal scene, which was pretty big and relevant with bands such as Sepultura and Sarcófago. Probably because of Brazil's more "mixed" nature i think metal came without the "white" label and was enjoyed by people despite their skin color. You had Black Metal bands such as Mystifer composed of just black guys, Sepultura later on would incorporate african sounds in their music and even the Sarcofago's guys weren't exactly white either (which i find pretty ironic considering most trve black metal dudes cite the early Brazilian black metal scene as inspiration for their sound at the same time they say that aryan metal bullshit)

I lived in Brazil for 5 years and I can say your point is extremely anecdotal, I never met a single black guy who liked metal.

My roommate's black as charcoal and all he listens to is Metal and Metalcore

You really need to listen to this album/band before spouting such ignorant bullshit.

Also you might want to check out a band from southern California called HIRAX Their singer is black.

Plus I know quite a few black people who listen to and, believe it or not, actually LIKE Heavy Metal.

And did I bother to mention that ICE-T collaborated with SLAYER on the Judgement Night movie soundtrack, doing a medley of three Exploited songs?

Check, and mate!

Animals as Leaders

The closest to heavy metal I already listened made by blacks was Living Colour. Though they are considered some kind of alternative rock, their music has metal elements

Y'all like falling for obvious bate huh.

also the obvious killswitch engage for a popular band that's had mainstream success.

>Ctrl+f
>No Angolan Heavy Metal

youtu.be/gmRlyyLaHhY

Nobody's keen on metal music

Metal fans ARE cringy. That's why I have zero metalhead friends.Lol metal fan triggered

I saw Mayhem with one of my best friends who is black. He also loves Burzum.

I dont think people like you "get" metal.

Metal doesnt want to be mainstream.

It doesnt want to be popular.

Metal wants to be hated, metal is abrasive, metal is brutal, metal is like a band named "holocaust abortion" with an album called "legalize murder" and the front cover is a zombie ripping a baby out of a womb.

Everytime metal goes mainstream metal heads hate it.

Hair metal, nu metal, fucking disasters that brought in hordes of normal fags.

Metal is the only genre that hasnt been swallowed and destroyed by pop, and the only genre that retains its orginal ethos.

Punk music died the second it went pop
Real rap is dying as we speak because they wanted to become top 40 clowns.

Metal marches on.

You will never hear this shit on the radio and they want it like that.
youtube.com/watch?v=d48amP2HONE

Don't think many peeps here have heard of Body Count.

good post

my new favorite pasta

>Metal is the only genre that hasnt been swallowed and destroyed by pop

>Black Album (1991) by Metallica
>Countdown to Extinction (1992) by Megadeth
>Empire (1990) by Queensrÿche
>The Ritual (1992) by Testament
>Sound of White Noise (1993) by Anthrax
I don't think so, m8

implying ice t is black

Death grips anyone? Lead singer is black

Why are metalheads the cringest people on this board?

Metal is pop though, and only retard mealfags believe otherwise

> probably calls himself a music fan
> denounces a whole genre of music

>genre
>/ˈʒɑːn.rə/
>noun
>a style, especially in the arts, that involves a particular set of characteristics:

>dismissing certain works of music for holding a particular set of characteristics is wrong
>being a "true music fan" means lapping up any shit without having any filter whatsoever

I don't know anything about metal, but I liked this album.

Forgot image

You serious? Animals as Leaders is one of the most popular metal groups right now.

Metal loses most, if not all of its charm and mystique when you realize that the majority of its creators are twenty-something middle-class white men who have existed outside the realm of suffering and despair that their music revolves around. It's laughable to me that people who grew up in affluent families, in American suburbs or countries like Norway, which has one of the lowest crime rates in the world, sing such vulgar songs about death and hell, torture, and killing. They adorn their album covers with grotesque pictures showing burning churches and dismembered corpses, and they do this because they want to portray themselves as being hardcore, death loving badasses who revel in the sight of brutality and gore, but the reality couldn't be farther from what they want us to believe. They come from loving and wealthy families, went to schools in good neighborhoods. The last thing they should be doing is screaming about tortured corpses and beheading angels in hell

Body Count is lame as fuck

black people need music
music don't need black people

Why do nu-males need a genre to be nigger approved or else it's "cringe?"

>modern screenwriters are not people from two millennia ago, therefore they should not be making movies about Rome
>modern screenwriters are not supernatural psychotic murderers, therefore they should not be making horror movies
>modern novelists are not space travelers who have met alien beings, therefore they should stop writing science fiction novels
Sound logic there.
Also what about bands Like Primordial that explore contemporary themes?
youtube.com/watch?v=aOorZuf1l40

Wait didn't those retards make a song called "No Lives Matter"? Where they pretended that systemic racism is an issue?

youtube.com/watch?v=j1l1z0pE5aA

This is pasta

Body Count has a song called "No Lives Matter" on their latest album but that song's gist is more "BLM is important, but let's not forget the police/government fuck over everybody regardless of color"

Yes it is. Don't be so dense. There is a massive difference in the histories of White, Black, Hispanic, Arab, and Asian music. Each is to be celebrated as unique.

I WANNA PLAY XBOX

more punk than metal

Interestingly enough one of my best friends is black and hes the only one I know who shares a love a black metal and abrasive noisy shit. Also pick related is fucking Blasphemy to add another one to the list

Blacks will call you an uncle tom if you associate with anything that is considered white "culture" Pretty much be ostracized.

t.black guy

Fucking this.

>they want to portray themselves as being hardcore, death loving badasses who revel in the sight of brutality and gore
Nice r/IAmVerySmart post faggot. You're missing out on a huge swath of bands whose imagery and content is far more philosophical than merely gore or dude satan oriented. There's mystical themes, nature worship, traditional folklore, many many bands that are highly political and deal with contemporary issues, and on and on. I would go as far to argue that the imagery you are talking about like cannibal corpse and the like is largely passe.

Most of your post is garbage anyway because of [citation desperately needed]. Existential suffering and despair is a common human condition regardless of wealth. Are you saying only the homeless and poor third worlders can make music regarding suffering?

Check out Animals as Leaders

>Talks about the Norwegian metal scene
>Acts as if that scene you claim to be posers didn't become known for its spree of violent murders and church arsons.
If anything the Norwegians are the least poser of all the metal scenes.

Listening to a few A7X and SlipKnot songs doesn't make you a metalhead, friend

>implying the other guy said to lap up anything
>implying that he didn't mean that there's good and bad in all genres of music
Not even autists have such bad reading comprehension. I guess that pic must be of you.

Why are you attacking my reading comprehension if you yourself can't understand shit? If the very defining characteristics of the genre are unappealing to someone, i.e. the characteristics that no song in said genre are without, then it's a very valid reason for dismissing the entire genre.

A small percent of white people listen to metal, if you assumed the same percentage of black people liked metal(probably less) then it would be a really small number due to the small population in the United States and other western countries (I'm assuming you live in these countries).

How has nobody mentioned Caller Of The Storms from Blasphemy?

Anyway, metal has a huge international audience outside even the anglosphere, and that includes black people as well. It's just United States black people that weirdly enough kinda stick to genres that are African American dominated (rnb/soul, funk, hip hop, etc.)

I live in a western country (Lithuania) and I've never seen a single black metalhead.

That's a Scaruffi quote, who is an actual autist who keeps a list of all his friends on his website, you shouldn't listen to his retarded opinions.

>Existential suffering and despair is a common human condition regardless of wealth. Are you saying only the homeless and poor third worlders can make music regarding suffering?

Also pretty much this. I believe Fenriz said something like he finds music that comes out of being bored with the ease of living in modern society to be more interesting

>Lithuania
>western
I've got bad news for you, conscript

Then what makes you any different from someone that listens to top 40 music? If general ideas and concepts in music alien to you continue to stay that way without you wanting to open your mind to them, then perhaps you should find something else to be a fan of. Otherwise you're the same as all other casual listeners who shy away instantly from musical ideas that are different/alien to them. Even then it goes doubly here because dismissal is being done by someone who probably doesn't listen to a lot of the genre either.

おー。俺がアジア人ってですか?
so-gaaaaay~

Duvalle from Alice in Chains.

And that post illustrates your idea that a "troo music fan" should have absolutely no filter whatsoever and learn to appreciate absolutely every idea expressed in an artform. You're an absolute fucking idiot. If a certain artist in the visual field were to dismiss a certain movement like minimalism due to his convictions and understanding of what art as a concept stands for, then you probably wouldn't have a problem with it. Most people don't. But when it comes to Sup Forums all of a sudden you goddamn "everything has value convictions are for closed minded plebs!" mouthbreathers start crawling out the woodwork.

>But when it comes to Sup Forums all of a sudden you goddamn "everything has value convictions are for closed minded plebs!" mouthbreathers start crawling out the woodwork.

and that's why this board circle jerks every single trap album and pop record made by a pretty girl. this board needs to have standards again but it'll never happen due to the unironic nu-males and whiggers that come here now that are slaves to marketing and online tastemakers

>should have absolutely no filter whatsoever
But that is not what is being said, how mentally fucking dumb are you holy shit. I am not saying to love everything or w/e. Rather that dismissing entire genres or styles of music especially when you don't know shit about it is absurd. This extends far outside of music as well.

>If a certain artist in the visual field were to dismiss a certain movement like minimalism due to his convictions and understanding of what art as a concept stands for, then you probably wouldn't have a problem with it.
That's just as fucking dumb as your stupid bullshit. Hell, we call out or mock big name artists here for doing this all the time.

>But that is not what is being said
Yes it is. You're literally saying one has to learn to appreciate genres he has deducted are unappealing to him based on the very features that define it as a genre because of some retarded ideology you hold that isn't grounded in any sense of reality.
>when you don't know shit about it
So now you're moving goalposts?
>This extends far outside of music as well
Clearly you don't know shit about "outside of music". Or music in general.

>Yes it is
You are equating understanding of music genres with "you have to like everything now" which is fucking ridiculous. Like shit, do you really think that a person that likes indie rock music likes all indie rock? That they don't differentiate between bands they think do the ideas well and bands they think don't do them well? Like shit dude, this isn't rocket science. I can't believe I have to explain this to you.
>So now you're moving goalposts?
Read this from my second reply to you. I never moved goalposts; it was part of my point all along: "Even then it goes doubly here because dismissal is being done by someone who probably doesn't listen to a lot of the genre either."
Again, reading comprehension. Learn to get better at it.
>Clearly you don't know shit about "outside of music". Or music in general.
Nah, it sounds like you're mentally ill or have just recently started having hobbies that can portray a wide variety of ideas (food, music, film, literature, etc.) Or maybe you're a basement dwelling NEET whose bitterness has made him close minded. See, I can say non-valid shit, too like you.

>who is Myke C-Town

>You are equating understanding of music genres with "you have to like everything now"
Holy fucking shit you are an absolute mongoloid. What do you perceive the meaning of "dismiss" to be? How have you not deducted the fact that I am expressing the idea of checking out a genre, getting an understanding of it and what defines it, then dropping it after you've got a good idea of it because you understand its core musical musical ideas and do not agree with them? I've been spelling this out to you for multiple posts now, you absolute goddamn mouthbreather, and I guaranfuckingtee you you're still going to scratch your head and go "ahurr ur dismissing entire genres without understanding them ur ignant" like some broken ass fucking script missing an entire fucking container. I mean for fucks sake
>That they don't differentiate between bands they think do the ideas well and bands they think don't do them well
Which part of "dismissing indie rock because you think the core idea is fucking stupid and therefore it does not matter how well it is executed" eludes you? Becoming an absolute drooler like you might be an idea, and there are multiple ways to approach it, some good, some bad. But the core idea is fucking stupid because holy shit who would every want to be this braindead? But hell according to you they're idiots for dismissing the core idea then?
>Read this from my second reply to you. I never moved goalposts; it was part of my point all along: "Even then it goes doubly here because dismissal is being done by someone who probably doesn't listen to a lot of the genre either."
Quote me the post in which you specifically pointed out your problem being with people dismissing entire genres without being knowledged, as opposed to just dismissing genres in general.

Metal is actually quite introspective and abstract, people who dont understand these concepts (wink wink) wont really be able to enjoy it

>Quote me the post in which you specifically pointed out your problem being with people dismissing entire genres without being knowledged, as opposed to just dismissing genres in general.
You could've ctrl+F'd the damn quote. Or just gone a few posts up in our comment chain. But you ask me to cite it still? Lazy or retarded or head to far up your ass? It's the last sentence right here: Please, continue to show how you lack reading comprehension at a legitimately retarded level.

>Dismissal of core musical ideas
Just "checking out" a genre doesn't give understanding of it and what it entails though. That's the dumb as shit part about your whole shtick because it works with way too many assumptions about things. You assume too much, which is what's causing you to make careless mistakes and can't even read correctly. Combine this with the fact that you keep using terms like mouthbreather, drooler, which are younger kid terms I think you are on the younger end which is why you act like this. Hell I bet you're new to Sup Forums as well based on when you claimed that we would never make fun of an artist for dismissing shit like this. Grow the fuck up, dude.

If black people dont like metal how come i see so many of them wearing iron maiden shirts and stuff? Black people like nirvana and metal now.

>You could've ctrl+F'd the damn quote
You mean the you made 6 posts into the conversation and the one that implies that people dismissing genres without understanding them is a secondary concern to the fact that people tend to dismiss genres in general? Do you often find yourself writing shit like "Even then it goes doubly" without having any fucking clue as to what the meaning and implication of the words you're typing out actually is? I mean it would be almost forgivable if you were some subhuman ESL scum but that still doesn't explain why you would point that out so late into the argument. The only valid conclusion here is that you must have an extra chromosome with a bonus serving of downs. I'm not even going to address the rest of the shit you wrote because I'm pretty sure you don't have any clue as to how the English language, or human communication in general works.

What?? Sweden's biggest export is pop music

Are there even black people in Lithuania