Why would you even send in ground troops against the bugs?

Why would you even send in ground troops against the bugs?

Just bomb the shit out of them!

weapons dont test themselves against the enemy. it was just vietnam 2.0, if you didnt get that you are underaged and need to go back

Watched this for the first time a month ago

Max comfy. Top tier women

I'm tempted to say that the aliens have AA.

underage detected.

they hide in their caves,because of the brains that make good strategies.
i remember its expalined in the movie.

they did

1. the bugs had anti air capabilities and were shooting down dropships like crazy

2. the incompetence of the Federation military is the point of the movie, it's a parody of jingoist gung ho militarism

The initial wave of troops didn't make sense but they kind of explain that away by having the first fleet commander be a goddamn moron.

>The initial wave of troops didn't make sense but they kind of explain that away by having the first fleet commander be a goddamn moron.
well,its also implicit that they didnt want to win,they wanted another catastrophe to keep people thinking about war and being all patriotic and dying in the absurd war.

I feel the other movies forgot this.

God damn, what a disaster 2 was. At least Maruader was just "bad" and Invasion was "ok".

They didn't tech yet.

People dying in a war is good for the economy.

Military
Industrial
Complex

you'll learn about it one day....maybe when you graduate middle school OP.

no they underestimated the bugs got their asses kicked and used the admiral as a scape goat, also spun it to work in their favor but it was a massive fuck up

stoopid bebe

everything you wrote is wrong. like wow. Every fucking thing.

Because book was better.

nope all right, first 'invasion' was an epic fuckup by the military, aided by the SS who provided bad intel, so they could take over after the fuckup

They needed to get the brain bugs, they say as much after the failed invasion

The implication is that they're underground

You bomb and bomb, but they'll still be there

>when the fleet glasses the planet we'll mop up

They do devastate the surface of the bug worlds. It's just that the bugs go all the way down, with the Brains way down.

This. The invasion isn't meant to be rational it was a blood Bath. Then again I always thought that the federation was using service as pop control. Could literally send hoards of humans into combat across the universe never to return home again even if they did survive.

>What's it thinking, Colonel?

i would argue with you but it's just easier to call you stupid.

(You)

ok MI, keep doing your part

fuckin dumbest bunch in the corp

Honestly I think I'd feel the same way if the enemy destroyed the place I grew up in and killed my whole family. It's not stupid to want revenge. It's sort of an inherent emotional reaction.

I'm scared

Bugs live underground. You can't just bomb a planet and kill them all.

>mayonnaise on roast beef
mmm

are u drunk?

>he didn't get it