Why are americans so obsessed with their european "heritage"?

Why are americans so obsessed with their european "heritage"?
When I was in the US, I often met americans who, upon finding out that I was danish, started telling me about how they were 1/4 danish, 1/4 dutch and half anglo or some stupid nonsensical shit like that.
Why do they do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burgess_Shale
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i am 3/84 han chinese

How dare they have an interest in their family history.

> stupid nonsensical shit
Do you even understand what dna is

here's your family story
>poor peasant farmers
>go to the us
>work in shitty factory
>yada yada yada
>fag who has achieved nothing in life thinks his ancestors were royals in some little european countries that he can't pronounce

Well there is a clear difference between acknowledging your history and fantasising about being descended from royalty or some other bullshit. Only an ingrate has no interest in his own family history, even if it is mundane

I don't understand why you care. Do you think it's desirable for them to just not care at all about the past?

>tell an american im finnish
>"wow thats really cool im 1/8 finnish on my mothers side"
>says some bizarre incantation that i think was supposed to be swedish

Coping with their lack of culture and identity

this. people want to be anything besides american. understandable t b h

You need to leave.

Not really obsessed, but interested in their past. Genealogy is interesting and your heritage must be known and preserved.

It's true though. You're mostly from the British isles like us, but since your revolution it's not hip to be English, so you have to larp as whatever other flavour of European you share more than five percentile points of genes with.

Guarantee this will reach 200+ replies despite being copypasta as old as the Burgess Shale

You are absolutely fucking pathetic. No wonder your country is a freak show.

idk i always found it stupid

what kinda faggit want to be a yurocuck

>Burgess Shale
Who?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burgess_Shale

A little brown American told me that he was also Dutch. He was super serious.

this

>Meet European people IRL
>Get asked about muh heritage right away
Why do internet Europeans pretend that you dont care about that shit? you also claim that you don't use "white people" and that the white race was invented by Americans, that's a fucking lie as well.

t.Jose "el tontito" Polentino

You weirdos actually usually brighten up if you find out we have family from your country. Then come on here and ask us why we do it.

>When I was in the US, I often met americans who, upon finding out that I was danish, started telling me about how they were 1/4 danish, 1/4 dutch and half anglo
you're probably lying.
prove that you been to the US

i mean can you prove that you been to the US?

Sorry I dont speak with subhumans

>You're mostly from the British isles like us, but since your revolution it's not hip to be English, so you have to larp as whatever other flavour of European you share more than five percentile points of genes with.
We mostly are if you combine all 4 nationalities and are going by percentages of DNA.

However, it's not uncool to have English ancestors, no one cares and the founding fathers (who were British) saw themselves as Brits, I'll especially point to Franklin's views on immigration. Additionally the Irish(part of the isles)-Americans are some of the biggest heritage fags.

They're not.

White Americans are the only group in America who actually put their civic identity above their racial identity.

See: Blacks acting as a nationwide gang to extract concessions. Mexcrement Aztec LARPers making overtures about how "DIS IS ARE LAND _PILGRIM_!", the tens of thousands of chink (taiwanese and mainlander) spies in the US and so on.