What do people see in this album?

What do people see in this album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-FhhB9teHqU&ab_channel=SamuelAndreyev
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Some people just like avant guard stuff user.

I personally hate it but I’ve seen so much praise. Maybe the most divisive album discussed on here.

I like the way it sounds. Thanks for asking though.

I find it to be weird and fun. And I love dancing to it (kidding)

It has some interesting riffs, I like the vibe of a few songs and I respect their decision to just say "fuck every aspect of what makes music popular, let's do this". Not going to say it's good though.

nothing. you fell for a meme.

The deeper you go into the album, the more you get used to it.

I am likely to care more about the music if it has a lot of things happening in it at all times.

It has a few good songs, I don't really understand the acclaim though. People talk about how it's "super complex" because it has everyone playing in different meters and keys at the same time, as though that automatically makes it good.

These
It just makes me smile

Nothing else sounds like it, and it's an album that fills me with inspiration.

its incredibly bizarre and definitely has juicy moments, those of which may take a few years of sitting in your library for you to shuffle upon something like Hair Bake pie (pt 2) or She's too much for my mirror (or anyone's mirror) to dig. Not an album that's astounding to anyone's pallet's at first, unless your somewhere on the spectrum.

Shit

It's a fucking weird album that has lost almost none of it's alienating power in the near 50 or so years it has existed. If you like it, cool. If you don't, cool. I like it because it's honestly just weird jaunty blues/proto-math rock pulled straight from his head. But, yes it's very pretentious. Probably was meant that way.

it sounds like garbage to the sober ear
but if you get really, REALLY stoned it's one of the most incredible things you can ever listen to

It can't be explained, it's something that doesn't defy logic, it goes beyond it

A hot fucking mess with some of the best guitar riffs and most quotable lyrics of all time. I hated this album at first because I was a big fan of Safe as Milk and wanted more like that. Now I find this infinitely more stimulating.

9.8/10

listen to moonlight on vermont

also this album is thee pleb filter

Its music, they don't see anything.

i dont know I just really liked shreds videos when I was a kid and this album clicked to me instantaneously

It's so inaccessible that it's accessible to everyone.

youtube.com/watch?v=-FhhB9teHqU&ab_channel=SamuelAndreyev

It's an album you really need to pay attention to. If you just stick it on in the background and do something else you probably won't like it, that's what I did the first time and though I didn't hate it it just seemed like a hot mess with some good moments.

The second time I just sat listening to it with headphones on while not paying attention to anything but he music and I really loved it. I felt like I always had to be following multiple different things at once and appreciating them individually except for the occasional moments where everything came together and I could really groove to it.

I also don't think you're supposed to think about it very much while listening to it. Just forget any expectations you have about music and let it wash over you.

I love it. After I listened a few times I started anticipating the riffs and melodies but, and this still happens after dozens of listens, I started noticing that the melodies I was anticipating were actually syntheses my brain had made of different instruments playing different thigs at the same time