CTE

gizmodo.com/shocking-study-finds-traumatic-neurological-disorder-in-1797224900
>CTE found in 99% of NFL players' brains donated to study

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2017/02/14/health/brain-damage-dementia-cte-soccer-football-study/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

TELL DA TROOF

Turns out that getting hit in the head at high speeds by roided up monsters is bad for your brain.

How long before this sport is kill?

I give it 20-25 years.

middle school and high school football can't in good conscience be allowed to continue

if adults want to bash their brains in that's cool though

But what's the percentage in the average population, though?

Brain smoosh is not a sport

>american football players are literally braindead retards
woah...

oh noes

>play handegg
>become a retard

rly makes me think

1%≤

It is a traumatic injury, not a genetic or environmentally caused thing

cnn.com/2017/02/14/health/brain-damage-dementia-cte-soccer-football-study/index.html

>hit ball hard with head
>hmm I wonder what will happen to my brain

we're in the same boat brother

not me
i play the true gentleman's sport: ping pong

I don't think it will die, it will just be played 100% by black people who's only choice is to play football and shorten their life by 20-30 years or live in the ghetto and shorten their life by 70 years.

I would never had guessed.

This. Middle and upper class parents are pulling their kids out of football in droves or never signing them up to begin with. But lower class and certain middle class groups (blacks and Texans) are still signing up. The league won't die, we're just going to see a league that's 100% black along with a handful of white southerners and I think its popularity will decline a bit.

I wonder what takes its place as #1, though. Basketball? Baseball again?

>obesity collide causes brain damage
no way

Participation in US high schools already declined 10 % from 2005 to 2015. It has been a solid 1,100,000 high schoolers since the '70s, and dropped to just above 1,000,000. That seems big, but in reality isn't.
Why?
High schools also closed handegg programs. Fact is, US youth plays handegg almost exclusively in high schools, not in clubs like football or luckswing. Also, a program is 80 players average, and a handegg HS program can't be maintained below a certain number of players (like 50).
Another fact is average player's career length in NFL is 3,5 years. A mere three years and 6 months.
And despite this number of players, there is already a known shortage of quality quarterbacks in the pro league!
So if enough parents care, and forbid their kids from doing handegg, NFL can be kill in less than 20 years.

Aren't blacks already dominating Basketball? What will whites play?

SemenDive will be #1 USsport

never tell amerilards that if they get shot they might die

Hope the whole sport is shut down in the next couple of years.

This man had been playing ping pong since the age of 9. At 45 he was diagnosed with Chronic Slippy Elbow and by 50 had lost both his arms.

He killed himself with a shotgun in his Miami home in 2014. He donated his elbows to science

We need the government to step in and save our children from this.

#tellthetruth
#CSE
#exposed

Who's that 1%? Some kicker pretending he was a real football player? Even in death, kickers aren't real football player.

"soccer"

Chronic Slippy Syndrome is no joke
steven gerrard had to retire early because of it

Gronkowski's brain would have been the same without football.

1%≤
Think you got the thingy backward

>Hope the whole sport is shut down in the next couple of years.
Never gonna happen. Less whites will be playing it though.

>Amerifats either have to play lardegg or povertyball
>no more brady threads in 2 decades

based

Soccer, basketball and in some parts of the country baseball

But will you enjoy NFL if there are only stupid black QBs who can't throw a good pass?
Image a league where JaMarcus Russell is considered elite

You're describing the SEC. People will watch

Why not switch to rugby?

So you think soccer and basketball will both surpass baseball in terms of popularity? Why?

Most Americans don't know what rugby is.

Baseball and basketball will probably both surpass it. Soccer and hockey will get closer. But I can't see football dropping lower than 3rd in the next 50 years.

I played tight end in high-school my brain is soup

source?

Always the optimistic. In 50 years you' ll speak of "old football" (handegg that nobody play and deceased NFL) and "new football" (divegrass)

Laughing SO HARD AT OSU fans and program. You literally have a multibillion dollar concussion factory for minorities as your whole state's best thing.

Wrong

Sport won't die. Players will have to sign wavers so they won't sue. NFL then should have a good pension for players.

Literal fighting "sports" need to go first

Baseball is boring as fuck

T. Adhd

"We've tested a hundred brains and are going to come to a conclusion, cuz that's a big enough sample size"

Basketball will never be #1. It is garbage on the local level and is superstar oriented

>Running a lot with contact creates high risk of ligament tears
>Bashing your head on the ground and against other huge men has no effect on your brain

And plenty of NFL players lead long full lives, so I guess this CTE shit isn't that big of a deal huh

Depends how long they played for and what position

Keep denying bashing your head constantly leads to no brain issuss

It's not going anywhere. Watch Last Chance U on Netflix. They just fucking love football, specially in the south.

I'm not saying football players aren't getting CTE, but that's too small of a study. Do practice squad players or guys who got cut in training camp still have injuries? Is b team football in junior high gonna fuck up your brain irreparably? Cuz the media jumped on this study without really getting into the meat of what (if anything) this study means

The sample size is plenty large, the population is the problem. I didn't read the article but I'm assuming the vast majority of these brains are from players that played at least twenty years ago. Talk to me when we're looking at the brains of players who were a part of the Concussion Protocol era.

In ten years, an article is gonna come out saying that pathologists incorrectly diagnosed a bunch of people with CTE
They were wrong about Alzheimer's, as evidenced by this recent article, they'll be wrong about CTE

There's a massive selection bias due to self-selection, though.

The players whose brains have been donated have generally been those who experienced issues of one kind or another.

IF he did it, CTE was a contributing factor so can't be responsible.

Again IF...

Google dot com

ADHD is a myth

>
>ADHD is a myth

t. Someone who doesn't have ADD

ADD deez nuts

t. someone who had shitty parents

Not a myth but grossly over diagnosed