99% of NFL players have CTE

What is going to happen to the NFL?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HDNQR_1-Isg
time.com/3387798/football-deaths/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There will be reforms in 2 areas.

1. Headbutting is going to be strictly penalized. This means spearing into someone with yout head in any way.

2. The NFL will make it clear that playing football poses a significant risk to your longterm health when you sign up

enjoy it while it last. no parent will let their kid play this game, or too few to sustain a NFL which already struggle to find good QBs

there has always been a shortage of good quarterbacks

its nothing new

nothing, money>safety

But dey need dat money boi. Not gettin help from dem programs

What if they get rid of the ball and just turn it into full on nigger smash where one team has to smash the other into the end zone?

The growing latino population will catapult soccer and baseball as the replacement.
The mlb was playing the long game, smell you later NBA.

ahahahahahahah

there will always be poors who don't care and will risk their lives after 40 years old for a few million. The era of black qbs winning superbowls will be soon upon us once whites stop playing the sport

At this point then I'm just rooting for Brady to keep winning so that nobody can ever take his GOAT title.

Posted this in the general, going to post it here again.

Physician here (>inb4 mexican intellectual memes or cereal box degrees jokes). NPR is manipulating the narrative here, the study (linked in the NPR article) wasn't made to prove any correlation but to study the structural changes in former players with clinical manifestations of CTE.

In other words, they were expecting to find changes as they were exclusively looking for people with symptoms.

For correlation studies you would need at least a control group.

I don't really expect the general public to understand this shit, but I care about Sup Forums.

CHI

Bring back leather helmets, sez I.

>cuckegg

Good riddance.

It's hard to believe any study unless you read it yourself.

I never liked niggercrash anyway. I say we drop it and focus on soccer because we need to cuck the world in the biggest sport they care about and ruin it for them by winning world cups. We need to clone Pulisic though.

CTE is unavoidable. You could get it from a big sneeze, or head banging to metallica, and you definitely will get it from a fender bender accident

>I don't really expect the general public to understand this shit, but I care about Sup Forums.

You really think people lack the ability to understand the idiocy of observational studies if it were actually explained to them?

There's absolutely nothing troubling about 110 out of 111 NFL players having CTE. All correlation, no causation.

>play eggball
>turns into a retard

Doesn't alot of americans play eggball in High School?

You're the kind of faggot that only calls black people niggers on your computer, aka your safe space. Worse than a trap

Also fuck your digits

No. But sites like NPR will always have more success in creating controversy out of observational studies/articles.

People are capable of understanding such things, but there aren't many people willing to explain it.

>mad
>at a word

urban rednecks everyone

t. Seething Nigger with CTE

Coming soon to NFL: flag football no touching allowed except to pull flag

seething slug

Americans are born retarded.

Maybe the study is wrong and that's just what America brains always look like

They play baseball and shit like track and wrestling. Only people that don't care or think the money makes up for it go deep in Handegg.

Good riddance. It's had a nice run but there are better and safer sports.

You can rest easy.
Nobody will ever get as many owls as Brady because the circumstances that kept the management and team together and around him by offsetting natural urges of greed were perfectly aligned. I'm talking like 1/100000 chance here, going all the way down to the fact that he is married to a supermodel that makes more than he wlever would so he doesn't need to suck up the team's cap space.
Obviously there will be more athletically talented QBs than Brady. There already has been. Hell, there is right now. But none of them will get more than 3 owls at most, and they certainly won't get there 7 fucking times.

that sucks, ive personally watched 4 superbowls and nothing else so im pretty well educated in the sport and would be sad to see it change

Yeah. The obesity and diabetes epidemic in the U.S. is basically just from propaganda by mega-agribusiness corps like Cargil. Sugar and animal fat are demonized as people have been told to eat a dozen servings of grain (carbs like wheat bread and pasta which often have a high glycemic index than table sugar) a day. It's very frustrating indeed.

99% of people whom already suffered damage or where in the system of finding out what was wrong with their fucking heads.

This just in:
>99% of people with tooth problems turn out to have tooth problems when tested by dentists

American conclusion: all people whom have mouths suffer from tooth problems

fucking retards

>The media trying to paint the NFL as sole blame for concussions
>implying the media doesn't have a narrative against combat sports because it's too brutal

Why does the media hate combat sports

Same thing happened when the WHO put processed meats in the same group as tobacco and asbestos as carcinogenic products.

I think most news outlets out there took it as they were as bad as asbestos (some of them even included red meats as carcinogenics), when the article really said there was enough evidence to prove that the prolonged consumption of processed meats leads to the development of colorrectal cancer.

This.

>I have brain issues pls test me
>yes u hav brain issues

ARGH FOOTBAL BAD

Pussifying the west

How is Jim Brown still talking?

At least i don't cry over a book getting fucked up

Just calling you out for being a dumb pathetic pussy. Live stream yourself calling a black guy a nigger and I'll take it back

I'm sure 99% of soccer players have CTE, but it is a ridiculously small trauma size compared to NFL.

Alternative fact desu.

I prefer the term "coon collide"

Globalist propaganda designed to kill if the last bastion of nationalism and tribalism that is sport.

Reminder to support you local club and support your country

Then they'll choose literally any other sport

>yahoo max fantasy name length is 20 characters
>can't use "I've got 99 problems but CTE aint one" as my team name

>What are black people

Muricas ghettos produce an infinite amount of supply for the NFL

This is retarded. There is no endgame here. This isn't some jewish conspiracy.

>getting mad at someone saying nigger on Sup Forums
This is the only reason I dislike summer

Massive lawsuit hopefully. Fuck the NFL, they're fully aware of this, and have been for years, but they just cover it up and throw pain meds at players. Let the sport and the league die

They have it much worse though. NFL players have brains of an 80 year old decades early

t. NFL spokesperson

>
>You're the kind of faggot that only calls black people niggers on your computer, aka your safe space. Worse than a trap

>Gets mad about nigger
>Says faggot instead

Nigga chill, you gotta calm down

A single hit to your head can cause CTE.
However, association football players don't really show signs of madness in their 50s, 60s or even 70s.
My grandma has dementia and she never did sports

what are you talking about you don't read books, only blogs

The big media networks make a shitload of money by airing the games. Why would they be against the sport?

Wait do you mean football football or soccer football? I'm confused hers

It doesn't. It hates that the NFL has known about these issues for years, and just sweeps it under the rug instead.

If they didn't push their slav- er players to be massive beasts, this wouldn't be an issue. They recruit violent, angry people, then stick them on a field together, and pump them full of oxy and Vicodin so the pain doesn't make them ease up.

When you push your body like that, it breaks down fast. They lure in poor ghetto kids who are so desperate for cash they'll put up with the abuse.

This kind of damage wasn't happening decades ago. The NFL needs to ban its current tackle techniques and they need to tackle like rugby players do. Lifting and driving is much safer then charging in with your head

>association football

So will the NFL eventually die because of this

>Parents not letting their kids play football

Its all over
NFL is done within 30 years

>niggers actually parenting their kids

The NFL will always have a supply of fresh meat.

Would you guys let your sons play?

Only sensible post in this thread. Is Sup Forums really this retarded? Do people not even know how to read anymore?

No. It just means the NFL will be all black now

Nope. Even if kiddy football doesn't pose a risk, I don't want him getting into it and then having an argument about playing in highschool.

no

I wouldn't let him do any sports once in middle school, that faggot needs to pay attention in school and get a real job

>What is going to happen to the NFL?
youtube.com/watch?v=HDNQR_1-Isg

faggotball

And what about if it's your wife's son?

have him become a cheerleader or gymnast so he can have the girls over for sleepovers

If I was somehow forced into that situation, I'd make that niglet half breed play and milk him for all his talent

It's going to become even more niggery since poor single moms are the only ones who are going to have their kids play it

And everyone else will scatter to other sports, which may be healthy for everyone involved. More sports, more competition, more opportunities.

I love football but my kids won't be touching pads. It's a waste.

Isn't there a sheep you should be balls deep in right now?

>Only sensible post
ummmm sweetie looks like you forgot to read better brush up on them reading skills

Here's a radical idea, take away the helmet and pads.

Would unironically improve the situation. Everyone forced to block cleanly and practice rugby style takedown tackles

Yes. Because kids football is about as safe as it comes. Because no one runs fast, or hits hard, and 9 year olds aren't trying to kill anyone.

How is it a waste?

fuuuuuuuuck

wouldn't work.
Rugby is centered on the idea that everyone will be running right at you. You will rarely chase from behind or have to maneuver to stay in position. It is an incredibly dumb sport in that regard.
>hurrr lets run in a line and tackle each other
Professional smear the queer is all rugby is.

Now try to rugby takedown Julio Jones on a deep route.
Try to get a whiff of Antonio Brown's farts as he blows past you.
spoiler:you never will, he will score a touch down every single time, and your nostrils will remain free of farts.

The NFL is just a completely different game than rugby. Ironically it is a much more intelligent and talent based game than rugby.

It would.

Seahawks adopted a rugby style tackle, and their defense improved. Just take it farther by removing pads (or lighten up on them) and remove helmets.

Hockey and lacrosse need helpers because that puck/ball will knock you out cold. The only reason for helmets on football is for mask grabbing and violent tackles.

Rugby players still get fucked up. NFL players would literally die without helmets. The rules of the game create violent full speed collisions that are very rare in rugby. The only way to stop the brain injuries is to change the rules to the point that it's not football anymore.

STATSGOD
T
A
T
S
G
O
D
How's the bf lad?

I've played tackle football with no helmet or pads before. I think I concussed myself when I hit my head on the ground. Half the tackles on running plays you've got knees going into heads full force. So I don't know about that.

Style of play would.change, but rules wouldn't. Look at leather helmet era football. It's still football. All it would change is

>Line backers grapple more instead of head hitting
>Tackles become lift and drive instead of ram

Maybe we'd get some more talented dudes instead of just recruiting the fattest biggest dude we can

>suffered a concussion once while snowboarding
>now worried that I am going to die early or that my mental capacity is much worse than it should be

A-Am I okay, bros?

Maybe some form of lighter helmet then? IDK what the answer is, but football existed before pads and helmets , so it can still exist

severely underrated

A concussion is fine. The human body and brain is tough. The issue is when you get concussed on a weekly basis, and just pop a pill instead of getting rest

If he's good at it though, would you be able to stop him from playing in high school or college?

>Seahawks adopted a rugby style tackle, and their defense improved.

Me so rugby

I'll let my son(s)/daughter(s) do whatever they want. I'll enroll them in sports when they're little so they don't become fat fucks, but if they don't want to do it growing up I'm not gonna make em.

time.com/3387798/football-deaths/
Deaths in coon collide are plentiful no matter the era. Also, players are bigger now so the 1931 record would be shattered without helmets

Letting your kid play football is negligent parenting. There is no way to rationalize it based upon what we now know.

>tfw have 2-3 panic attacks a week and constant heightened stress levels
>probably even worse for my brain than this CTE shit

Dimentia, here I come

What year is that pic? It was a recent change

I like the premise of the joke, but the execution needs work.

They could play flag or they could play in a league with strict tackling. Hockey can be just as "violent" at times as football, but the hitting is usually much safer provided you're not an idiot with his head down.

I guess the difference is do we make it so they die on the field, or years later in a nursing home with brain damage

I don't know a single kid who played football who did anything really productive with his life during/after college. Not to say they were all failures but varying levels of mediocrity.

Football is a cult and it consumes you in the American system. It's all you care about and it grants you status in school. Kids internalize that and become lazy and apathetic about everything else in life. Then they predictably wash out and don't do anything with it because getting a decent D1 offer, much less a chance at the pros, is really fucking hard.

I want my kids to enjoy team sports and have a go at their athletic potential but not to this extent. The brain damage is merely another knock on it. It's a barbaric sport for barbarians, I guess, even if I really love watching it (and loved playing it) when I was younger.

>
>Yes. Because kids football is about as safe as it comes. Because no one runs fast, or hits hard, and 9 year olds aren't trying to kill anyone.

Danger takes many forms my friend.

Mm. You're right. I'll fix it up