And I have touched the face of kino

And I have touched the face of kino

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yFMDVH4lqSU
mega.nz/#!3tJGRDoB!5UiP7A1bnqZiEEtm0sSq0QBdf_F-kDa0GhbeQJ40QdM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw nothing good to watch now that it's over
I hate this feeling.

I didn't really have any expectations for this series but I ended up really liking it
it's weird because the first time I heard about it was like last year in some random news article, I only clicked on it because it had Jude Law
I hated all the characters at first but then you kind of warm up to them in the end, well, at least most of them
also someone needs to make a compilation of his best lines

>hating based Voiello in any capacity at any time

i've only seen the first episode, can anyone tell me if they expound on how he became pope without major spoilers?

i liked it but i found that bothering me, i felt like that would have been way more interesting and it's hard to press on because i'm a pedantic autist

from what I can tell, everybody thought spencer, his mentor, was going to become pope, but his ideas were too conservative, so voiello did some trick to get lenny elected (assuming that he would be easily controlled, and a comprise between the liberal/conservative cardinals) but nobody knew lenny was going to going to literally ignore everyone else and do whatever he wants

that makes sense
the attempted suicide seemed pretty melodramatic for a show like this so that kinda puts things in line
thanks

I know I'm not the only one, but the speech in the first episode touched me more in ways I never thought it would. Is this truly what KINO is? Is this the power of Kino?

Seen Wolf Hall?

I thought the first speech was really goofy, and that that was the intent. His eulogy for Andrew killed me though, and the final speech was a bit too on the nose but hit all the right emotions

>tfw can't find a torrent with English subtitles for the Italian scenes
Just gonna wait for the HBO premiere to finish the series

I've been streaming it and I was hoping for subtitles but I'm gonna absolutely be ecstatic when HBO premieres it here

just download the subs separately
google "young pope eng subs" and whatever episode you're on and it will appear

No but the cast seems good. Will try it, thanks family

I'm in the reverse situation as you. I feel the same way about it and might try Young Pope.

>just finished episode 9

That pain...jesus christ

Do it, I doubt you'll be disappointed

How do I get into this? I watched the first episode and it was dull and boring. when does this pick up the pace

I don't want to be 'that guy', but this show is clearly too advanced for you.

If by the first episode, you are intrigued by it, it's probably best to skip out on it

The first five episodes are a dark political farce that subtly mocks the standard anti-hero protagonist in tv

The latter five are much more character driven and put the first ones in a different perspective

I will. And do watch Wolf Hall. Damian Lewis is the best casting choice for Henry VIII that's ever been made.

I will. I enjoyed him at Cpt. Winters and Brody.

What did she do to deserve such fate? Alaska would be better than this.

Convince me to give this another chance, Sup Forums. Is everything just supposed to be dreams within dreams within dreams?

Sup Forums's thoughts on this honduranian's breasts in the show?

I prefer the statue of fertility 2bh

I didn't understand the episode with the gay blonde religious guy because I couldn't tell if it was lenny's brother or someone else. can someone clarify?

I don't recall such episode.

It was an act of God to move everyone to vote for him

stop staring at the venus of willendorf like that >:(

He had red hair and it was Lenny's "brother" (guy he grew up with as a child)

He slept with a narco's wife, so he got killed

obligatory "it's house of cards" shitpost

This post is wrong

WATCH IT, VOIELLO

>young pope
>good
>rectify
>good
boy when Sup Forums memes you into thinking something is kino they meme you hard

>browsing Sup Forums while taking a shit
>oh shit is that my mspaint handiwork
>zoom in on the hand
>it is

>Catholic kino
>Andrei Rublev

If you don't consider the young pope a kino, you're actually a redditor

Yeah, just like rectify was supposed to be kino and deadwood too. No thank you, Daredevil and Luke Cage may not have "artsy" affectations but they are fun as fuck to watch. I don't come home tired from work to watch muh slow moving introspective characters.

Is this anti-catholic?

If you come home tired from work, take a nap and watch something good. Don't excuse bullshit viewing habits on such a flimsy basis. Harder workers than you have experienced kino. If you don't like a show you don't like it. No need to be a fag about it.

Pointless and pseudo-intellectual tv show, I feel sad for wasting 10 hrs of my life watching this garbage.

You've outed yourself as the absolute pleb I assumed you were.

Not at all. It does make a lot of assumptions that many priests are gay, but I don't think that's far off the mark

I'm a lazy cunt 2bh, but grats for it user

>likes capeshit
>is proud of it
wew lad

No, which is why I am watching it.

>muh exposition:the show

pretentious without substance just like every other sorentino's work

It doesn't. Story is too lame to get involved into it.

This riricism is absolutely false. If you wanted to criticize it using some basis I'd respectfully disagree, but you just come off as young and misusing vocabulary

So, I could watch this with my catholic gf and her catholic family over Christmas?

Lenny prayed hard.
Not him. Me.
Not them. Me.

>hates The Young Pope and Deadwood
>likes Daredevil and Luke Cage

when did Sup Forums become 98% manchildren?

Calm down I like your "adult" approved entertainment like MDE and Red Letter Media faggot.

There are some sex scenes that might make it awkward. But overall, yeah

Those are even more manchildrenesque

You're really hitting this out of the park. Nice baits.

>mfw he rekt the Italian PM

>mfw the qt greenland pm wanted him

>mfw his unsent love letters to the woman he loved and would never know

So it's pretty much confirmed he fucked her on the downlow though

I mean, popes are still human after all

Are Italians really that Catholic that they wouldn't vote if the pope said so? In America some right-wing catholics seem to have disowned our current one just for liberal things like showing compassion for immigrants and forgiving sinners, Lenny is a much more polarizing guy

>pope
>smoking

put it in the fucking garbage

I guess it appeals to edgy atheist faggots

Theres literally nothing wrong with smoking.

>still no greenland dance webm

Die he died though?

Nah, it was just a passing thing

IM SEXY AND I KNOW IT

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yFMDVH4lqSU

>that ending tho

But how does the pope not drown in sweat under all those layers of gowns? And what is the purpose of them anyhow?

for the lord's magnificence i think. shit has to be grand

Have you ever been in a Catholic Church? They're all grand, tall buildings and cold as fuck if there is no heat source.

I have actually, during the hot summer and cold winter. Most seem to have radiators but no air conditioning (my brother goes to one that just added a/c a few years ago). I've almost wanted to kill myself from how hot it can get in there, and I wasn't wearing all those layers like the priest or deacon do.

Maybe. I don't know. But according to the series Catholics are 87% of the Italian voters. Even half of that number might be critical for the PM's election.

I hated having to get dressed up in button down long sleeves tucked into black pants for church in 90 degree weather as a kid while the women wore skirts and sleeveless shirts. It must have bordered on child abuse

How much fedora-tipping does this series have? Is it pushing an anti-religion agenda?

No. In general it has a positive light 2bh

I now want to become closer to god because of this series

this series started already?? i thought it wasnt coming on til January?

The Europeans were blessed

Wait, only the Euros?? Can I not watch it?

Doesn't release in NA for a little while.

Only If you become closer to god

You can pirate it and download some subtitles since it has italian parts.

this

i've become more religious after watching this show

Because she's better than the other lady and she's of no use at the Vatican.

i just started watching this, are the italian spoken scenes supposed to have subtitles?

yes you dingus

Italian-only subtitles
mega.nz/#!3tJGRDoB!5UiP7A1bnqZiEEtm0sSq0QBdf_F-kDa0GhbeQJ40QdM

Thank you based user

My father is literally a clergyman (pastor) and wouldn't have liked it if it was just anti-religion.

He loved it.

He'll be back after a 3 days coma.

BRAZZERS

That look on his face when he sees the tiara is incredible. That little light in his eyes makes it 10/10.

I wanted to like it but goddamn it's sycophantic in the extreme. Absurdly one-sided.

>No thank you, Daredevil and Luke Cage may not have "artsy" affectations but they are fun as fuck to watch. I don't come home tired from work to watch muh slow moving introspective characters.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Bump

Oh, like A Man For All Seasons?

Thomas More did literally nothing wrong.

Except for writing Utopia.