>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S3L-acWwioE
youtube.com/watch?v=EucpeSR-klk
ysw-tct.com/tct/default.asp?func=KIJI&kiji=20141229114253.asp
haloguitars.com/store/custom-guitars.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are there any reliable tabs for the music in K-On!?

i have $300 and need a guitar. what is best?

Electric or acoustic? Your first guitar?

Do you not have any idea what you want? Body shape, wood type, pickup preference, anything? Acoustic or electric even?

i wanna fuck her feet

you just need $4099 more

>Richlite.
No, thanks.

electric. it'll be my first but i'm not new to playing. just no shred guitars.

>literally $2,000+ extra for gold hardware, an extra inlay and slightly fancier binding

Yamaha Pacifica PAC012

So I finally know why you always call me and each other "Roman".
I gotta say, you're a bunch of bigger retards than I thought you were. Stick to posting ugly Teles, at least that's minimally funny.

meant to add
in this

>not wanting a kitchen bench fretboard

So, what's the guitar thing you wanted to discuss?

NO! ROMAN! HE'S BACK!

>tabs
>reliable

Post your pedalboards.

I'm learning to use effects. Is it normal that on my amp's "lead" channel with 50% gain, I should hear buzzing when not touching the fretboard?

Do you guys know a resource to learn more about effects? I've been toying with them for a while and I have some favorites but not really what they mean or what order they should go in, etc.

rebosting

can anyone please talk me into/out of buying this?

>Is it normal that on my amp's "lead" channel with 50% gain, I should hear buzzing when not touching the fretboard?
Do you have single coil pickups?

I have a Les Paul with "Probuckers".

Go try effects out at guitar stores. Other than that, Youtube is unironically a good resource for learning about effects. There's lots of effects demos on Youtube.

Go to a guitar store and try guits in your price range and find one you like

Pre-Pregnancy was literally perfect. Why do people ruin their lives with kids?

Also you probably have a loose ground. Hope you like paying $80 for guitar center to fix it for you, because if you have to ask, you probably don't know how to wire a guitar yourself.

>tfw my wife had 36DD and dropped to 34C after having our first child

>roman anime op
>roman anime reaction images
>roman gibson les paul image
have a nice life /gg/

Is this hum present without any effects pedals in the chain?

No, on the clean channel it sounds clean. I'm using a Boss Katana.

I get quite a lot of hissing out of that too, way more than with my previous (shittier) amp. Wonder if a noise gate would fix this.

Do you have a second amp you can compare it with? If not, download some realtime amp modeling software, turn the gain up and see if it buzzes plugged into your PC while being run through the amp modeling software. If it does, may be correct.

Alternately, take it to a guitar store and plug it into their amp and see if it buzzes with the gain up.

nice dubs but check this les paul

Am I the only person here that exclusively plays alternate tunings/open tunings fingerstyle (with fingernails, no plastic thump pick)?

I see playing standard tuning with a pick as the most unoriginal thing ever, in my head I picture a fool practicing with lots of distortion.

Right now I'm getting into Celtic Tuning DADGAD and this weird tuning I discovered from another guitarist DGDGBD .

Have you heard Catfish Keith?

>tfw been dating small to average breasted girls for the past few years
I WANT BOOB

Every single "alternate" tuning I've seen was a gimmick that does one thing really well whilst crippling one's ability to play a lot of other things comfortably. Open chord tuning is basically cheating.

One can still obtain original, unique sounds by playing in standard tuning with a pick. I wouldn't look down on it like that.
Why don't you just go to a guitar store and buy one you like the feel and sound of?
OP here. I am not "Roman." I try to provide helpful, constructive content to /gg/ rather than shitposting. This is an anime website and therefore not every poster who likes anime is going to be the same bogeyman. Please stop derailing the thread with stupid namefag drama. Thank you.

>in my head I picture a fool practicing with lots of distortion
In my head I picture anyone who plays alternate tunings only as a 40 year old man trying to impress other 40 year old men

This just in: Jimmy Page was 40 in 1969 Black Mountain Side was released.

>Why don't you just go to a guitar store and buy one you like the feel and sound of?
because my budget is pretty low desu
which is also why i freak out about spending it

I hope someone here can help me.

I "inherited" three guitars from an uncle who passed away.

>2016 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pro
>2016 Godin Session Custom '59
>2014 PRS SE24 Standard

I looked at some prices and it looks like in order around (all $CAD) $750, $1000, $650.

I don't play guitar but I'd like to start, given this opportunity. I don't need three though, or at least I don't think I do. They all look different but my guitar friend said I can probably make due with the Godin and one of the other ones and sell the 3rd, or just keep the Godin (he was adamant in keeping the Godin).

What do you guys think? If I sold one or two I could get an amplifier and some pedals. I've only met this uncle a few times and it was an uncle brought in by marriage, so we're not blood related. Don't know why he'd do it but here I am.

>because my budget is pretty low
All the more reason to ensure you actually like the feel and sound of it before buying it rather than buying online and hoping it feels and sounds good to you when you get it.

yeah its normal its called 60hz hum
and is omnipresent even humbuckers have it not as noisy like single coils

you will need a de-esser if it bothers you too much
alternatively buy a super high gain bucker and reduce the gain a little
or get a piezo guitar for 0 hum

>I don't need three though, or at least I don't think I do
>What do you guys think?
Every person that sells their guitars regrets it at some point. Heard it from my father, friends, people online, etc that's why I've never sold any of mine.
Unless you're homeless and/or starving, just keep them, having three guitars will not kill you.

nah i'm actually going to the guy's place, playing it and checking that everything is alright
i'll probably love the bass if i play it, the question is do i need it or am i wasting money

2 guitars is the minimum requirement for a gigging guitarist (it's great to have a backup with you during a gig in case you break a string), so you'd be OK selling one of them even if you reach the gigging point.

I see what you mean. My friend always laments guitars he's sold over the years but situations arise, etc.

I'm doing okay so I don't necessarily _need_ to sell any, but I have to wonder how much I'll use all three. I can get keeping guitars if you buy them spread apart, but I got all three in here with me. I like how the Godin and PRS feel in my hands but I don't know a thing about guitars.

>I don't play guitar but I'd like to start, given this opportunity. I don't need three though, or at least I don't think I do.

If you end up liking it and sticking with it you'll need all three

>do i need it
Do you already have a bass? If so, is it gig-worthy?

You sound like a faggot.

no, i sold my only bass when i moved 2 months ago :(
i'm getting back into the game fampai

Heh, yeah. I sold a MexiStrat a long time ago because I hated how playing it felt and it never stayed in tune. This was before I learned how to set up a guitar properly and keep a string path lubricated properly. I now regret it because if I had it today I know I could make it play and stay in tune like a dream.

>In my head I picture anyone who plays alternate tunings only as a 40 year old man trying to impress other 40 year old men

This made me giggle because it's somewhat true. American Primitivism was basically guitarists trying to impress other guitarists, everything was self taught. These guys were young in their day obviously, John Fahey started making music in his 20s.

youtube.com/watch?v=S3L-acWwioE

Same guitarist almost 2X years ago (Cul de Sac):
youtube.com/watch?v=EucpeSR-klk

Nigga I own like 10 guitars and I use them all, but I'll play some or others depending on my mood. Sometimes I'll forget about one guitar for months then play it like there's no tomorrow for a couple of weeks. Take it easy or you'll fuck up.

Then yeah, you need it, obviously.

Sell the Epiphone. It's nice to have a Les Paul but there are much better LPs out there.

yes but i could buy a cheaper one, that's the catch
like a mexican fender or a squier

Then go to a guitar store and try out some cheaper ones first before you try out then when you try out you'll be able to make an informed decision on it.

please be a troll

a-alright, thanks

froshfag on a roll

So... Kind of a repost. Later this month I'll be getting a little extra money, and I want a maple fretboard guitar that can actually be intonated properly, but I already have like 10 guitars.

Should I shoot myself in the foot and get this or a Switch with a shitload of games?
I play vidya and guitar about the same amount of time per week, like 35 hours (and somehow still suck at both).

>ebony costs more than rosewood costs more than maple
>prefer maple anyways

Why does it feel so good?

>can spend 70 hours a week on his hobbies, hence can't be working a fulltime job
>can afford 10 guitars
tell me, how do you do it?

Get the guitar and then start playing more guitar than vidya.

>costs more = is better
i suggest you play a plutonium guitar

you need math

>I play vidya and guitar about the same amount of time per week, like 35 hours
I think what you should get is a job. Also, how the fuck can you play 35 hours a week and suck? I probably play 2-3 hours per week and I don't suck.

It's a secret, user ;)

Ugh I can't choose. Fucking fuck me.

>Also, how the fuck can you play 35 hours a week and suck?
Being self taught is a horrible curse. I can copy any song, solo included, almost perfectly by ear but I don't know shit about theory and can only improvise pentatonic bullshit.

I practice 2-3 hours per week, am self-taught and don't suck. I don't know what to tell you.
>It's a secret, user
So you sell drugs.

>I can copy any song, solo included
Do you have any videos?

>Ugh I can't choose. Fucking fuck me.
Yeah, fuck you.

Makes sense, but no, I don't sell drugs. I just uploaded some videos to youtube that still get mad views to this day and I monetized them. Didn't want to say it because it's a pretty fucking stupid way to get money. I wouldn't call it my job but hey it pays the bills and I can get nice stuff every once in a while, can't complain.

>Posting my shit here so I can become Samuel 2.0
No thanks.

>selling inherited items

>I just uploaded some videos to youtube
Were they videos about guitar or videogames?
Keep investing in what is getting you revenues.

Again, lets go bois.

ysw-tct.com/tct/default.asp?func=KIJI&kiji=20141229114253.asp

haloguitars.com/store/custom-guitars.html

>uncle maybe worked his ass off to get those guitars
>selling them for dimes on the dollar

a guitar (no pun)

you could have one in standerd tuning, one in drop d, and one in e flat standard.

basically you need different gauge strings for different tunings, so if you want to play along to songs youre going to want them all.

should I buy one of these?

how's that eq? how often do you use it?

how do I get started in acoustic treatment?

It's good. I use it whenever I use my neck pickup humbuckers to brighten them up.

I decided to get serious about learning guitar and got an amp. I've played electric guitar unplugged on and off for two years. My amp doesn't have a gain channel so I only get distortion at high volume or when the strings are hit hard. I haven't found a sweet spot since It's either too loud or too clean. Any advice?

Will also use with bridge pickup humbuckers if I want country twang.

Use an overdrive or distortion pedal.

Get a dirt pedal, obviously.

i gotcha dude. i was thinking about getting one just because having a 10band eq pedal could come in handy if i get a fat strat or something with a bridge bucker/neck single coil some day like i want.

pls respond

i bet you are trying to play stoner rock
get an acapulco gold for dat dank doom (3D)

Is there any company that makes HH Strats with carved tops and LP Custom style binding?

Schecter