Were they the american Radiohead?

Were they the american Radiohead?

No they were actually good

No, local h was

As a bong, they were always much better than Radiohead. None of the Radiohead members would do anything as cool as running away from fame to start your own meth farm

what makes you think radiohead isn't?

Their music

Ever listen to OK Computer?

Not even close.

I don't see any real similarities. At a stretch you could say that they were to grunge what Radiohead were to britpop.

They are both whiney, that's about it

mellon collie is better than any radiohead album

>both deconstructed their original genre
>both went for a symphonic then electronic approach
>both led by whiny autists

They were the American Oasis.

>singer has a nasally whiney voice
>shoegaze influenced wall of sound with 30 guitar overdubs
>utilized orchestral instrumentation after their first album
>notorious for releasing albums/songs that are way too fucking long
>the lead singer is a huge asshole
>really came to people's attention in 1994
>released a huge breakthrough album in October 1995, biggest single from the album peaked in March 1996
>continued to be massively popular throughout 1996
>by 1998 had begun to be washed up
>the original members quit by 2000 and they had lost their commercial success and critical acclaim

If anything, Linkin Park was the American Radiohead.

"So, it's been a year since I posted this (you can see it on my profile), but I finally get to explain it.

I think Linkin Park is the American Radiohead.

Here goes:

Hybrid Theory - Pablo Honey (obviously, well, except for In the End, but that's another story, one the world will realize soon.)

Meteora - The Bends (with elements of Kid A/Amnesiac, see Breaking the Habit, Session, and Nobody's Listening)

Minutes to Midnight - OK Computer (pure art rock mixed with alt. metal, don't even try to explain otherwise, because The Little Things Give You Away, In Pieces, and Valentine's Day would fit exactly on OK Computer, and if you say not, your inner machinations ruminate like grovel in a sieve.)

A Thousand Suns - Hail to the Thief. (No matter how hard you try, no mere mortal's mind will ever begin to penetrate the rhombus cave of lilac dreams that is Kid A. In fact, Kid A is a broken album. Only one would use its pieces to scar themselves into a sanctuary of flames.)

Living Things - In Rainbows mixed with Hybrid Theory

The Hunting Party/One More Light... Packt like sardines in a crushd tin Xbox 360. With Cheetos. And a spider leg.
And a Shamwow.

Any questions?"

SP were better than Radiohead as a 90's stadium rock band, but once they went electronic around y2k, SP fell off hard and Radiohead got better (before falling off a few years later). Kid A and Amnesiac are better than Adore and Machina by a wide margin.

>Any questions?

Yes. How old were you when you were diagnosed with autism?

lol this. I like Radiohead, but TSP are waaaay better.

amnesiac > machina ii > kid a > machina i

No, they’re the one and only Smashing Pumpkins

They were the American The Verve

How am I the autistic one?

Is that Coal Chamber?

No; when they branched out into electronic, it went horribly wrong and they lacked the conviction to bring their fans on board regardless.

This but unironic and less autistic

Not autistic.

Nine Inch Nails have become the american Radiohead, actually they're better than Radiohead now

Man, I remember this pasta when it was fresh.

No they weren't you're thinking of Deftones

they don't sound alike at all. and besides that, idk, while i love TDS and the fragile, their recent albums weren't too good imo.

Where? I only posted it on RYM and a few times here.