Why do so many Americans on Sup Forums live in Blue states?

Whenever someone creates a thread concerning where American members live - I notice that there are a lot of people living blue states.

>this seems counter-intuitive, as one would expect there'd be less Sup Forums users from more liberal areas

However, I wonder if this can be attributable to a reactionary backlash against how liberal the areas are?

>In blue states where leftism and degeneracy is being pushed the strongest, those opposed to leftism are in more of a need of a place like Sup Forums

What do you guys think? Are Blue Staters really over-represented here, and if so - why is that?

Massachusetts here, Sup Forums is a place where I can see people with ideas similar to mine yet still differ in ways. I imagine that in Red States they have enough people close enough to their own opinion.

Because blue states are the ones that actually have vibrant economies, because you know, those stupid liberals actually believe in investing in their people.

>Republicans are the party of the rich
>All Democrats live in the richest cities and states

Other way around. Wealth breeds idiocy in the form of liberalism due to the disconnect from the real world caused by excessive material comfort.

i live in a purple state

How come Obama won whenever over 70-80% of the country is red?

(1) the jews (2) nobody lives in the red parts

Gerrymandering

Yeah I live in the big blue area in the Midwest. I can confirm it is the best place to live in the entire country and it does have a superior economy. So many people are ignorant about everything. They only listen to mainstream liberal media for their political positions because they don't really give a shit

This is a map of only White voters. I don't presume many American non-Whites actually browse Sup Forums memes aside

Why would people from those states be inclined to post on Sup Forums then?

Why is the upper mid west so cucked?

Texas is number two dipshit.

You'd be surprised.

Red states are bluepilled Cruzmissiles. They have no idea what Democrats are up to.

Alabama user here. As red as red gets.

Because there's more people there?

SHE WUZ QUEENS AND SHEEIT

Because square miles of land don't vote.

>unironically living in a blue county

>What is population density?
you want to public school, didnt you son?

Marxist detected.

Maybe it's genetic?

As a blue stater I can tell you it's because we have direct exposure on a regular basis to the long term effects of liberalism. If you are living in a red state it is easy to be insulated against the social and economic repercussions of leftist policies, but when you're in the thick of it you are inclined to reach out to others who feel the same, especially anonymously since there is a heavy social stigma attached to conservatism in a lot of these areas.

>numbnuts doesn't understand concept of population density and the electoral college system

If we lived in red states we'd be talking about this shit in real life instead of coming to an anonymous Mongolian cave painting board.

Because blue areas are where most of the population lives.

>living in a blue state means you live in a blue area

Stopping being dense, i live in NJ, solidly blue every election, yet my County has been red for years. The blue states generally suffer from having at least one major city where minorities and liberals congregate and win elections.

Romney won 47% of the vote - so it's not like there's a massive disparity.

If nobody lives there how are there voting results

Living in a red state means you actually believe in working. Hence less free time to post on pol.

Your days are numbered. The hordes of Mexicans moving to Texas in conjunction with the intelligentsia in the People's Republic of Austin will soon turn Texas blue.

>soon
It'll take at least a couple of decades at this rate.

Just because an area is blue means everyone in that area votes blue.

People do live there, just not nearly as many as in the coastal metropolises and midwest cities. Come on buddy, let's put on that thinking cap.

Use the extra flag extension, it makes things more interesting. Do a search for it because the link gets marked as spam

>lower population density=nobody lives there
You cant actually be this retarded

The same can be said about red areas, so it cancels out

Chicagolanders spreading their cancer.

Downstate Illinois and Indiana are beyond redpilled due to having to put up with Chiraq's bullshit, but Chimpcongo and Wisconsin are cucked as fuck because they're all Shitcongo faggots and transplants.

Minnesota is cucked because they're literally Swedish-Americans.

if people live there why are they not counted

>be Illinois
>entire state red
>THAT ONE FUCKING COUNTY

They are, it's just that their electoral votes are fewer in comparison to states with large populations such as California and New York.

You guys should remove your Tumor and just become your own state.

As your next-door neighbor (Indiana) it pains me greatly to see you so abuses by Chiraq

They are, its just theres a fuckload more people in the blue parts. The population of Wyoming isnt going to be weighed the same as the population of New York

Oh okay. So like Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, Compton, Stockton, Fresno, etc.?

Jersey reporting. I hate this fucking state. But my job and family are here, so I can't move.

that is stupid a whole state is worth less than 1 city?

New York is also a state you mongrel.

Because Sup Forums is largely made up of NEETs who contribute nothing to society and think that the liberals who comprise the bulk of the academic and industrial capacity of the US are responsible for their personal failures.

>staying because of your family

That's good. It seems that too few Americans have this attitude, unfortunately

Then you need to factor in population density. In the sticks you might get 3K votes per county, in a big city you can get that in 2-3 blocks

no?

>New York City population- over 8 million
>Wyoming population-under 600,000
>Wh-Why aren't they treated the same?!
What's it like being completely retarded?

it probably has something to do with how the blue states have way more people living in them and more cities with better internet connections

fuck off I live in Louisiana

To be fair to the NEETs, they have been working overtime to get Trump elected. They arguably have the most important job on the board atm

but they have the same equality in the senate why not anything else

Because that's where people live in general.
And plenty of people live in red states.

Because that's why the Senate was created. To balance power. We don't want full democratic control by the populated areas and pay no mind to places with smaller amounts of people. That's why the Senate is equal and the House is based off population.

No Senate = Lowly populated areas have literally no say.

>but they have the same equality in the senate
Because thats the point of the senate, friend-o. Its one of those "checks and balances" deals that keep large population hubs from running everything. The Electoral College and popular vote work different.

That is the pic I always wanted, thank you OP. It's really surprising how cucked the Chicago area is, white people voting for the niggers in charge is disgusting. Minnesota is Minnesota, Austin is not a part of Texas, Colorado is degenerate, California is insane, Washington Oregon insane, New England is sheltered WASP. Very interesting.

then why is it not the same for the election? then what is the point of the electoral college if it's just big guys vs little guys?

The Senate is half of one of the three branches of government that has its own responsibilities. All of the states are meant to have equal representation there, whereas the HoR is population based. This is why California is the largest electoral catch instead of Wyoming. It's really not that hard

because if all the low population state senators decided to all vote for the same guy then they would outnumber the rest of the states and by extension elect into office someone who very likely is not the desired candidate for the majority of the country's population

Do you think that someone in Wyoming should have 10 votes while someone in NY has 1?

The Senate was created to give those people some power so they're not completely ignored and forgotten, but at the same time in a democracy whoever has the most votes has the most power.

They colonize us with their old people and try extremely hard to isolate us economically.

The eastern shore needs more heroin.

>Do you think that someone in Wyoming should have 10 votes while someone in NY has 1?

yes to balance

>then why is it not the same for the election?
Because why should the vote of a person in wyoming carry more weight than the vote of a person in New York?

That's not how democracy works, bud.

Geez. Lost cause everyone. Just learn to walk away

Ayy fellow INbro
Yeah just secede and join Indiana. We'll give Chicago all the niggers in Gary.

That would mean rural states would control everything retard.

Alabamian reporting in, i love my state.

Same, massbro!

no everyone would control everything because more votes for lower population = same amount of votes as less votes for larger population

>my county went 72-27 for obama

all these people in here talking about how democrat states are rich because theyre liberals. It's like you don't know anything about the history of those states

>Do you think that someone in Wyoming should have 10 votes while someone in NY has 1?

It would certainly help in having an evenly developed nation rather than what it is now: only two relevant cities in the entire country, NY and LA, which are dirty, overpopulated corrupt shitholes and the rest of the country being a third world country with zero opportunities.

>born in a state
>family in state
>school in that state
>get a job in that state

why is this so difficult to understand

you don't just flee your state like a coward

Austin is pretty white compared to the other counties in Texas

I'm a right of center centrist from taxachusetts

I voted for romney and willn suppirt hilary this time around. I hate the hypocrisy ofbthe regressive left buy won't support a retarded man baby for president

>only two relevant cities in the entire country, NY and LA
>Ignores Chicago, Boston, Miami, Seattle, San Francisco...
Why do Leaves suck so much at shitposting?

>I have no clue how population density works because I'm a flyover cousinfucker
t. OP

Let's assume you live and work in Wyoming. You seriously think your vote should weigh as much as every voting age Trump in NY, combined? Who gets to decide how much the votes weigh? What if they arbitrarily changed it say California votes weigh 6x as much, since 6th largest economy in world? The USA would be forever cucked

the larger your population the less vote you get

Ok. I'm done here. Hope you enjoyed the (You)s.

Most rural americans are 'conservatives'
Most pol users are advanced 'conservatives' who live 50 years in the future of those rural guys. We get to see the shit the left really wants everywhere first. We are fascists and proud. Remove juden

Kek. While this would probably backfire eventually, I would have no problem with it now

what are you sad you lose?

>Wyoming counts for 10xvotes
>People move from Cali and New York to wyoming so they have more say in democratic process
>Wyoming loses value of its vote
>another nice state is ruined by huge influxes of people
Or, we could keep our Senate system, change congress to proportional representation, and have winner take all for president.

ayyy sup massholes

Can confirm. I'm from a red state, and I was just a normie Republican until I went to college in Boston. It was like turning over a rock and seeing a seething mass of insects, I had no idea there were so many screeching SJW brownshirts ready to nuke the heartland at the first opportunity. That shit basically radicalized me, now I live in UT and I am prepared to move if it gets too liberal here. Thankfully Colorado sucks up much of the libtards around these parts.

>states
>you list cities

>being too stupid to realize he was listing examples of run down cities in blue states as an example of why it dosent work

>all while ignoring the fact that some of the cities in these states are also extremely innovative and productive i.e. Silicon Valley cities, LA, New York, Seattle

>midwest frozen flyoverland
>best place to live
KEQQ

>That one blue county in the southern half of illinois

Fucking Carbondale

Fuck massholes, they keep fucking up New Massachusetts and South Masse.

People are getting tired of the bullshit, and states like mine are not supposed to be blue states, not really. Obama won Florida because Romney was utter cancer and threw the election on top of being the most unlikable out of touch douche possible. Unsurprisingly, he is green with envy about Trump.