NFL and MLB coaches wear club merchandise

>NFL and MLB coaches wear club merchandise
>NBA and NHL coaches wear suits

Any reason why?

It's often cold outside for nfl games and hot for MLB games. Wearing a suit would be uncomfortable in both instances. NHL and NBA are inside.

That seems reasonable, was watching old NFL videos and noticed the coaches wearing suits, far more aesthetic back then though

Doesn't the NFL have a dress code for coaches?

this. it's quite literally a rule they must wear nike team apparel.

although i'm sure nike could make a half decent suit a with maybe a tiny team logo on the breast pocket

NFL coaches have to dress in Nike merchandise

MLB managers have always worn a uniform. Just a thing

Yep. They have to shill for whatever sponsoring company contract the NFL has at the moment.

MLB wears a uniform
NFL is obsessed with money

Something like this?

yea that wouldn't look that bad at all...so long as they don't put a giant logo on the back too

They used to dress nicely.

i think there is a rule that says boreball managers have to wear a uniform if they want to go onto the field.

Why do they have the big ass phuck headphones, who are they communicating with?

"them"

Some of the positional coaches are inside, up by the press box. And if they're the playcaller, they relay plays to the quarterback.

Their crushes.
Even coaches need love.

The QB. Although they can only do it before the play clock hits 15 seconds so if you didn't catch on or the defense shifted, though luck.

NFL coaches used to wear suits but Nike is the official attire sponsor. Theres a coach (Mike Nolan, no longer a head coach) whose father wore a suit in his coaching days, and Nike agreed to make him a suit so he could wear it on the field

Can a backup qb wear the starters helmet if they had to go to the 2nd stringer? I remember that the earpiece could only be in the starters helmet but that was a few years ago

That looks so classy. Wish they still looked like that now.

America was such a classy country back then.

Member when there were no Mexicans

>football coaches never dress ni-

Umps also used to wear suits but now can get away with only shirts. Also, MLB managers always wore jerseys but then started throwing on jackets.
Also, pic related is what Yankee Stadium crowds looked like in the 1950's.

member slavery

MLB uses the uniform (I think most baseball leagues do the same).

In short, contracts.

That was 70 years ago newfriend

Here is some 1960's hockey.

NHL used to have clean ad-free boards.

Member when there was only jackets.

Many baseball managers used to be player/managers going back to the origins of the game. I always assumed, like many things in baseball, it's just tradition

Looking at most old time sports audiences is really weird compared to today.

This is a crowd at an AFL game in the 30's

Is this why Belichick is the GOAT football coach?

Can someone give me a quick rundown on their control over the NFL?

Such a nice picture there

Same. I've always wondered if people even cheered. You can't even tell who has home field just by looking, no team colors.

White is traditionally home, dude

No, I'm talking about the fans. They are all wearing normal clothes. Just the usual coat and hat.

Well in football coaches still often wear suits, even though its outside.
Suits are also pretty damn comfy in any weather given that you have the right one

I feel like I just look like a monkey sometimes when I wear a suit

> tfw your part of the country was always known for being incredibly rude and insulting to the opponents team

I found out my grandfather was a legit hooligan in 60s terms. Made me a bit proud desu

You dont, buddy. Everyone looks better in a suit. For some people it takes time to get used to but a nice casual suit (or just great trousers and a dress shirt + nice shoes) will always make you look good.

>mfw neither of you know this already happened irl and the league said no

Really? When did this happen? I legitimately had no clue.

afair, one NFL coach basically had to cry to have the right to wear a special Reebok-made suit, and ONLY for 4 home games

You mean The good ol days? Fondly

Is this the one they called /EXPOSED/?

>Reebok-made suit

OHHHHHHHH, Mike Nolan? I remember that

Because suits are uncomfortable. Sports apparel usually isn't. Ties are just fucking retarded. They're nooses people wear for just aesthetics.
Nike makes hoodies with the sleeves cut off because that's what Belichick’s going to wear anyway.

The pizza place

They have their own helmet which has a mic in it. You will sometimes see backup QB's on the sideline with smaller ear mics so they hear everything too.

So what? It's cold as shit in Europe in december

What does Europe have to do with it?

>Because suits are uncomfortable.

No.

My guess is that you're not a fat American in his 50's. If you were, you would know that suits are infinitely less comfortable that athletic apparel.

Of course not. I am a dashing 6'2 young Eurocuck. Suits are made for guys like me so the Somalis know who is worth robbing

Enjoy your Sharia law, and your patterned nooses, faggot.

Didn't Jack Del Rio get in a load of shit for wearing a suit

The Bogdanoffs

>NFL coaches wear league merchandise
fixed it for you
first, coaches, have the same status of the players, or the staff, EMPLOYEES
they are EMPLOYEES of the franchise, which is integral part of the league which is single entity in the eyes of the different US trade courts
and as EMPLOYEES, they must wear what their employer told them to wear.
when you go at McDonald's, all the employees wear what McDonald's tell them to wear
You also notice that NFL franchises all have equipment from the same manufacturer

NBA coaches wear suits because NBA players had a bad public image. suits automatically raise their respectability

He also wore a team-branded leather jacket once

He's an absolute madman

That'd be pretty cool to bring back if the Raiders move to Vegas.

Funnily enough I recall Jack del Rio wearing a reebok bespoke suit to circumvent this issue.

A lot of places in America drop below -18C in the winter during football season. Too cold for just a suit.

>if
*When, sadly

NBA and college basketball coaches have always worn suits even dating back to when the sport was 90% white. Your thinking of the players having to wear suits.

I think the manager/coach should be allowed to wear a suit then some 10 dollar shit you can buy at a k-mart. Makes them look nicer. I remember Mike Nolan or something like that for the 49ers wearing a suit and looking rather nice while he poorly coached the team.

A lot of umps still wear the big suit jackets over the chest pads.

Belichick has stated many times he would love to wear a suit on the sideline but the league doesn't allow him.

Did he really? I can't even imagine him in a suit. He's like a fashion icon in football

He tries to look homeless in spite of the NFL but it kind of became his thing

Really? What parts? Minnesota?

>league doesnt allow him

how come?

Not nike or w/e sponsored

NFL has a deal with like 5 apparel companies where they provide what coaches wear. They're pretty flexible depending on what the coach prefers, but for the most part companies want them to wear stuff that fans would buy, so it doesn't do them very good to make the coaches suits.

hockey players have to wear collared shirts and dress pants to games at 12, of course nhl coaches wear suits

even a place like nashville can get cold

Minnesota has typically played indoors the last few decades with just a few years of exception but Green Bay plays outside and is close to the same latitude as The Twin Cities