Mysterious version of "Surrender" by Cheap Trick

Does anyone know where this version of "Surrender" came from? I know it's not the same recording as the album version, and it can't be a live recording, because there is no audience noise.

youtube.com/watch?v=1v_qm1okshk

Other urls found in this thread:

mtv.com/news/513225/cheap-trick-to-release-new-surrender-mp3/
cheaptrickmessageboard.com/archive/index.php?thread-382.html
mega.nz/#!GoBXwZbL!YO95_ptz8Zoh02WFhAEMy4x-7f98E2-2f6NxQV1aatM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've been wondering this too

Sounds like a mix of both.

Ask the Steve Hoffman forums, you should get an answer within a few minutes

this is my favorite Cheap Trick album

It sounds live to me. You might not be able to hear the audience if it was a soundboard recording.

Sounds like the version from Budokan II. That was a version that came out between the original At Budokan and the remastered Complete Concert.

It is no longer considered an official Cheap Trick release.

debut > Heaven Tonight > In Color > One On One > Next Position Please > All Shook Up > Dream Police >>> Lap of Luxury > the rest

Google is yo friend OP

mtv.com/news/513225/cheap-trick-to-release-new-surrender-mp3/

cheaptrickmessageboard.com/archive/index.php?thread-382.html

Pretty much this, the demo version of surrender has different lyrics and has no backing vocals

"Now I had heard the WACs were dykes, maybe old bags, or whores"

based

Cheap Trick [Epic, 1977]

I like their looks--two pretty-boys balanced off by two ugly-guys--and have no objection to their sound, which recalls the Aerosmith of Rocks. Nor am I shocked that they're not as powerful as the Aerosmith of Rocks, Jack Douglas or no Jack Douglas. But given their harmony singing you think they'd try and be more melodic. Sign of smarts: the way the phrase "any time at all" hooks "He's a Whore." B

In Color [Epic, 1977]

Nowadays, punk makes it possible to resist hard rock so slickly textured, but with these guys why bother? They don't waste a cut, and permit none of the stupidity or showiness or sentimentality of postheavy and/or postboogie professionalism, either. If only they seemed interested in their well-crafted say-nothing lyrics. B+

>Nowadays, punk makes it possible to resist hard rock so slickly textured
Jesus Christ I can't stand this guy

I'm shocked that he didnt like Cheap Trick more. He's too much of a stickler for lyrics.

Critics are English majors who don't play instruments for the most part, lyrics are all they can write about. They seldom discuss things such as chord changes or guitar tones.

>I like their looks--two pretty-boys balanced off by two ugly-guys

lmfao

He really liked If You Want My Love.

It's Surrender '99. Here's a version of it with an intro from Robin. Vocals are the same.

mega.nz/#!GoBXwZbL!YO95_ptz8Zoh02WFhAEMy4x-7f98E2-2f6NxQV1aatM

Although, OP's YouTube link has a longer outro, and no fade out. Don't know what that's about, but I like it a lot more.

It worked. The frontman tends to be the band's sex symbol so he has to look good. Nobody cares if you have an ugly bassist.

Is this the getsigned.com mp3 version?

For a lot of people, Robert Christgau is today's real rock and roll critic--the critic of the people. He's basic, he's rude, kids love him, parents hate him. But a closer look reveals how stupid and delusory he is. Christgau is not basic. His reviews cultivate a pseudo-virtuosity that negates content. The values he promulgates are foolish and often destructive. Eighty percent of the "people" who read him are male and 98% of them are white.

>tfw finally copped the complete concert recently

kek, and it fits perfectly

I couldn't live with the original condensed version. I've never liked a double live album as much as this one.

Albini Sessions?