D'awwwwwww!

D'awwwwwww!

DAT SHO SHWEEET!

Batman Beyond felt like the darkest most violent show on TV as a kid, not sure why

So does she have white woman dreadlocks pr sumtin?

Why did they stop using Blight after the first season?

its pallet is literally dark

It snuck a lot of dystopian imagery and ideas that sorta just went ignored because it was a cartoon, in a way that often was more subtle than even Batman TAS.

For example: after all of his hard work and service, Bruce is an angry, lonely old man who age has rendered basically useless at fighting, requiring him to have a goddamn GREAT DANE as a guard dog. He watched the city he protected turn to shit and the future hold nothing but more garbage that someone needed to clean up, but until Terry nobody could.

Also he quits being Batman in the first episode because he's so weak he had to pull a gun on a motherfucker to keep him from killing him.

Show was honestly pretty hardcore at times.

maybe because it was.

officially killed, showed up later in the comics though.

It was an edgier version of Batman: the Animated Series which was already pretty edgy, and is also the greatest American cartoon ever.

I miss all of those old DC cartoons. JL and JLU were also great, as was the Superman cartoon.

That pic makes me want to watch the series again. It was just as good as TAS.

>revenge surgery
Chilling shit right there

What did you guys think of Static Shock?

I liked this show, it was shway

I thought it was dope as a kid. Not close to Batman Beyond but def better than average.

Agreed. I actually ended up liking it better than TAS overall. TAS was a masterfully executed rendition of Batman that set the tone for pretty much everything about him, especially the obvious videogame series.

Personally though I think Batman Beyond was more ballsy. It was pulled out of their ass as a sequel, because of the sci-fi setting it required them to be more varied with their plotlines and villains (see above pic user posted) and frankly attempted to even court the basics of the philosophy behind cyberpunk works, it was still a cartoon, but it was a really brave one all things considered.

These niggers turned a show that's basically edgy Robin running the show while Batman plays the role Barbara Gordon did for him and made it solid gold. It was quality AND popular.

Why did mel/ten make me so hard?

Cast her.

I liked it a lot.

>Shows a black kid as smart and caring, with a good family

>Black kid has a white best friend, and it doesn't seem forced

>Addresses adult themes in a responsible way that doesn't feel heavy-handed

>Sweet cameos

never liked it

and the suit is iconic

DAMN.

You think Terry looks small until you look at his arms.

And he's even bigger in Epilogue.

All this, it was mature and never patronizing. I was surprised they were down to air the school shooting episode.

Terry's only 5'10.
He'd be considered a manlet

I think the show really benefited from the success of TAS. It basically made the studio go "Sure, put whatever you want in, you're making us fuck tons of money from kids and adults both."

Damn, now I have to re-watch it again. You vietnam fucking shits this is like my third time now.

I think I heard something about not wanting to cheapen him by having Terry beat him up and his plans every other day.

Amazing show but yeah no Batman Beyond as the other user said.

BUT ITS WROOOOOONG!!!!!!