/180/: BETVICTOR WORLD MATCHPLAY DAY 5

The top half of this year's World Matchplay draw bracket sees Blackpool's Winter Gardens host 25 World titles, three other Worlds finalists and the breakthrough star of 2017.

Kicking off the night is a battle between two Lakeside runners-up in 2010's Dave Chisnall and 2014's Alan Norris. Chizzy got the better of excuse-o-matic Mervyn King in a nervy encounter while Chuck produced some stunning finishing to prolong Kim Huybrechts' Matchplay misery. This is pair's first TV meeting, and with both men prone to nodding off in matches, it could be a tight affair.

Two-tonne buffet-to-buffet World Champion Adrian Lewis then faces off against Kent phenomenon Rob Cross in what is easily the biggest match of the ex-electrician's career. Signs of Snackpot's recent back surgery weren't really visible in his victory over sex god Steve Beaton while Cross ended Ian White's perfect first round record on the North West coast and proved he is the real deal.

Then, the 80th running of the so-called "El Dartico" and the final time it will be on the Empress Ballroom stage with Phil Taylor and Raymond van Barneveld sharing 21 Worlds between them. Pheel was nowhere near even his recent best against Gerwyn Price, whereas Barney had to really work it to defeat fellow ex-postie Joe Cullen after letting an 8-3 lead slip. The Prowler has won the last two meetings - both in the PL - but a repeat of December's Worlds magic would be welcome.

The final match of the last 16 sees Michael van Gerwen battle Simon Whitlock; following his humiliation of Stephen Bunting, the autistic Dutchman disregarded everyone else as a threat to a third successive title, which surely shows where his game and confidence is. The Wizard slapped around Kyle Anderson in the all-Aussie derby and had a dart to beat MVG back in October's Euros, but now he can only dream of the same here.

Coverage starts from 7:00pm UK time on the new-look Sky Sports Action channel.

Other urls found in this thread:

pdc.tv/news/2017/07/25/betvictor-world-matchplay-night-four
twitter.com/sammimarsh1/status/888430351495909378
youtube.com/watch?v=GB3_NCt1JJ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Tonight’s matches (Best of 21 legs)
Chizzy v Alan "Walker, Yeovil Ranger" Norris
SnackP&Ot v Rob "Kent Genetics" Cross
Taylel v Barney
MvGOAuTism v STRAYA

All matches must be won by 2 clear legs, with up to 5 extra legs played to decide a winner. If the match is tied after 5 extra legs, a final sudden death leg will be played.

>Day 4 roundup
pdc.tv/news/2017/07/25/betvictor-world-matchplay-night-four

twitter.com/sammimarsh1/status/888430351495909378

>Wade

Ouch. Well, I guess that's what women look without makeup. Still good enough for me, though.

Where is everyone?

austriabro isn't here

rest usually drop into the thread at some point

And we're on now.

>chizzy is so retarded he can't even shake hands down a line without being prompted

That was close.

>start match with 7 perfect darts in a row

Ill probably never throw 7 perfect darts in a row in my life

I once had 4, but not at the beginning of a leg. A pal of me said he once managed a 10-darter in practice. He's really good, so I don't think it was a lie.

DAT CHUCK 120

>dave abysmal

Do kids in other countries have schultüten too? I always wondered.

>ridiculous first 2 legs
>completely crumble
Well that's Chizzy for ya

>Alan "Walker, Yeovil Ranger" Norris

Norris is our guy

Was mentioned on commentary a few days back but Chizzy really is the new Terry Jenkins.

Kek

Well this match has fallen apart.

>Dat 5

Chizzy can be an awesome scorer when he's on fire. Too bad that at some point he usually starts to think about what he's doing, and that is when it goes downhill for him.

Now that you say it: I don't really know. Maybe it's a german thing. I don't even know if they are still around here today. Wikipedia says Austria and Switzerland have them, too.

Cant fizz the chizz

Chizzy match over? Who's playing?

>that woeful second dart on the 123 attempt

Nvm they resumed. I'm playing vidya and they had adverts on just wanted to check. XD

Either of these two will get fucking battered in the next round.

Hard to believe these two are averaging nearly 100.

>2 former lakeside jobbers putting on a lakeside classic at the pdc matchplay
Really makes you think

That bull start 110 from Chuck!

Bad time to hit a 41 Chizzy

bet they're gutted they're missing out on the meat draw

Critical Norris fumble here.

Strange thing is that all those Chizzy 180s show that he could do better, but he just doesn't.

That last dart D9 for 9-9!

>D9 for 9-9
This pleases my autism!

Absolute turd first dart from Chuck.

Nice to see they can joke about it still

Crazy how their skills deteriorate under pressure.

>adverts
What went wrong?

DAT 121

THAT 121

IZZY WIZZY LET'S GET CHIZZY

DAT 121

>both averaging 97
This is the best shitfest I've ever seen.

>6 of the 8 players tonight are sponsored by Target
>all of them are playing another Target player (Chizz-Norris, Lewis-Cross, RVB-Taylor)

Good night for Target Darts.

>That one guy in the crowd applauding Chuck who looks exactly like him
Kekd. His brother?

THAT KILLER 109

>Dim Dave Chisnall

He was 7-4 up and won 5 of the next 15 legs.

Go into any pub with a darts team and the chances are youd find a player who looks a bit like him

>almost 1,5h of Chizzy vs. Chuck
>still 3 games to go
Well, fug.

Wish all sub standard games were as weirdly watchable as that. This Matchplay has been pretty good so far.

speak for yourself, still gives me time to get home and enjoy 1 or at least hopefully 2 matches properly

>Chizzy and Chuck played 26 legs in 75 minutes
>Mensur and Poop played 15 legs in 60 minutes

Numbers alone make it quite bizarre: Chizz 97 average, Norris 99. Certainly didn't look like a 97-99 match. If their doubling was up to standard it would have easily been 100+

Late start for taylor he will be livid

Whoops: Mensur-Pipe ended 11-6 so 17 legs.

Still shows the difference in speed.

Yeah i think ive given them a harsh one there, a lot of 180's and Norris with 5 ton plus checkouts. Weird and close game peppered with bags of nails by both

dubs for taylor to have a stroke on stage

>Stroke

Should go to bed in 1h. But I want to watch at least Barney vs. Taylor. Looks like it will be another hard day at work tomorrow.

what will lewis do to deller if he fucks this one up

Lewis shipped in half of Stoke or something? Looked like he knew everyone

>wayne mardle having a go at him on comms
The man was having a fucking stroke wayne

Still remember that match as clear as day. It's a real shame Ted's PDC run never worked out.

youtube.com/watch?v=GB3_NCt1JJ0

get those filenames ready

Just looked up his record on DartsDatabase.

Ted made a grand total of zero floor quarter finals during his time in the PDC.

>lewis broken in leg 1

>boat darts

>Cross hasn't a nicknamee yet
He should develop some bad teeth and get ugly glasses, llke Gilding. Then he could call himself Rob "Gross" Cross.

I am so fucking pleased Gilding isn't on TV any more.

His 2015 UK Open semi versus MVG was his career peak.

True. Nothing of value was lost.

His constant jeeing himself up and telling himself to 'come on' after every miss is one of the most annoying tics in darts imo

>Gross Cross
i lel'd
always good when a player comes through out of nowhere and has no nickname or real gimmick to speak of, and they have to come up with something. remember james wade going through a ridiculous amount of nicknames that didn't stick, including
>009

>Whilst it is somewhat traditional for a darts player to adopt a sobriquet, Wade has adopted several in his career so far. His first nickname, The Gladiator, was used during his breakthrough year of 2006. His nickname was changed following his nine-dart exploits that year to 009 – a take on James Bond's 007. The 009 nickname was used from December 2006 to October 2007. In November 2007, during the 2007 Grand Slam of Darts – Wade introduced himself on a television promo as having "no nickname". In December 2007, following a competition which invited fans to provide him with a new nickname, Wade briefly became known as Spectacular, a play on the fact that Wade is one of the few players who wears spectacles when he plays. For his Premier League debut in January 2008, Wade unveiled another nickname – The Machine, which he has used ever since.

Also when Zoo Tickets Man was called "Ave 'It"

He should call himself the iceman to troll roidlet

>gets double teamed by price and alan warriner in the barnsley metrodome car park

All the lads

agreed. some great names looking down the rankings though
>you now remember mark walsh and that time he came in with buster bloodvessel from bad manners

>is one of the most annoying tics in darts imo
Let's collect annoying things in darts. I nominate Dolans noselick.

The BDO.

>wes "'ave it" newton
glorious

I nominate dolans 180 finger twizzle

Hi justin

Not really annoying, bit still funny.

>Rob Cross's impressive UK Open run was overshadowed by a one tournament psycho who has bombed ever since
Thanks, Barry Lynn.

Cross has more stage confidence already than the likes of floor cloggers Jamie Caven and Joe Murnan.

THAT 144 TO BREAK BACK!

DAT 144 FROM THE CAKE CEMETARY!

>10 darter to break back
Unreal.

Agreed

>Jamie "the way eye see the game" Caven

>Unreal.
Rob "The Boss" Cross

Or just: Like a Cross!

It's not gay unless darts touch.

Can't Toss the Cross!

Snackpot is really having to play to his best here.

THAT 121

IS LEWIS BACK?

32 180's in 2 matches is pretty unreal

I hope we will be seeing more of Cross in the future, he looks really promising.

DAT 121

I hope Snackpot wins it all, destroying MvG in the final.