How do you feel when you realize that Holland will never win a World Cup

How do you feel when you realize that Holland will never win a World Cup.

It makes me kind of sad actually. For decades the Dutch have established themselves amongst the 'great footballing nations'. Those are power ranked:
1. Brazil,
2. Italy (edging out Germany by being superior in direct competition)
3. Germany
4. Argentina
5. France
6. Uruguay (biggest successes happended to long ago to be placed higher)
7. Spain
8. Netherlands
9. England (many would place them over Holland because of '66, but that's another discussion)

Spain, being the other problem child for decades, with their most recent generation winning 2 EUROs and a WC comfortably overtook the Dutch leaving them the to be the only unfulfilled of the great nations.

And I can't really see them going back to be a competitor for a World Cup in the foreseeable future. They're a tiny nation, they have approximately 20 people to choose from and they are all going to drown. It's a miracle how they got to have so many world class players in the past. But that is over,no really, the only thing going down faster than their football is their land into the ocean.

At this rate the US will win their first WC before Holland. Portugal or Chile or even fucking Belgium might meme themselves to win it.

It makes me sad because, having had so many great players, having been involved in so many memorable clashes, including three finals, I feel like they deserve at least one World Cup. Definitley over England, whose '66 win is the only thing keeping them on that list above. They would literally be Sweden tier if it weren't for that.

Anyway what do you think? Does it sadden you too? Are you a bad person and like to laugh at misery? Are you indifferent? Is soccer for faggots? Discuss.

>6. Uruguay

didn't read haha

It doesn't sadden me because Van Persie and Van Der Wiel jewing our money while playing nothing for Fenerbahçe. Fuck them Dutches in my team. No disrespect to based Kuyt.

Do you know Fenerbahçe is playing Sturm Graz tomorrow for EL qualifier and Van Persie ""all of a sudden"" is injured again. Fuck that rat faced beta cuck. Hope he drowns in an ocean of cock.

Seeing how they have completely abandoned the style of play that made them relevant in the football world I do not feel sorry for them, no. The team that >we beat in the WC final in South Africa wasn't exactly 1974's Holland, was it? Not even when they beat us 5-1 in Brazil they played something even close to total football, so I don't think you can really see any relation between the Netherlands of the 70's that "football owe them something" and their NT now.

they should just merge back with Belgium already, with their powers combined they might actually win something

all swamp germans are the same anyways

Since it's rare to find a Turk here, I might as well ask you now. Is Turan really the best player you've had in a while or is Cenk Tosun better?

borra esto

feels good man

2018 is our year la

We know that education in Chile sucks. No need to tell us.

>mfw they merge with belgium,van gaal comes out of retirement and they win the worldcup by
hoofing it to fellaini
no
leaf me alone

I feel that Netherlands should be ranked higher, like 5th or something.
Before 98 and after the 40's, there was ever a french team that was considered the favorite to win the World Cup?

Englel are for sure ahead of H0lland world cups clearly count or you wouldn't have included Urgay

Yeah, France is ridiculously high, they should be 8th just after Spain tBh. Also Germany should obviously be 2nd and Argentina 3rd since two of Italy's WCs were bought by Mussolinni.

when all the European nations reach 100% diversity it's an extra Africa cup every 4 years
so who gives a fuck

You clicked Sup Forums not /pol...you have to go back

You can't tell anyone that it doesn't bother you when all the NTs look exactly the same.

Also,
>muh Sup Forums boogeyman

spain doesn't have any blacks in the team tho

Yeah, it's quite sad and europeans should totally do something about it, but Sup Forums is not the place.

We had Senna in the 2008 EURO. And now we have Williams in the U21.
We also have Diego Costa but if he counts as black then everyone but Iniesta does too.

France has two EUROs and several appearances in semis and finals, lots of memorable players, games, moments in football history that put them in this category in the first place alongside the other nations. Compared to that what does England have to show for? Besides their one win I remember tow semis in the 90s. Everything else is them being ridiculed. France deserves to be as high as I put them, Negland to be as low.

With Uruguay, sure you could put them lower, but it's actually all those Copa Americas that tip the scale for me to rank them 6th.

that's only one then
compare it to france or belgium,those teams don't look very "french" or "belgian"

Fuck it, we win the world cup with Korfbal every year motherfuckers!

>counting copa americas and euros
>put holland on the list without a world cup and one euros

So where are Chile and Egypt and Cameroon and Nigeria and Ivory Coast and even fucking Ethiopia?

It was really cringeworthy seeing Senna waving Spain flag desu.

>2. Italy (edging out Germany by being superior in direct competition)
>3. Germany
Germany should be considered number 2 for overall better performances in WCs.

They have more top 2, top 4 and top 8 finishes and more points in WC matches than Italy does.

>counting results that weren't cup wins

Nah blad don't be that guy, bet you watch the 3rd/4th game don't you?

> rating the African Cup of Nations
Did a big black man that lives under a boat on the beach steal your heart Giuseppe`?

It's just as a tiebreaker, of course WC wins matter the most which is why I would still rate Uruguay over France and Spain despite Uruguay's cups being from the dinosaur era.

You can't disregard one local competition and not another Hans. Australia are objectively better than Holland as well as Mexico

>unironically counting copa americas and euros

Exactly this

really really REALLY cringeworthy waving the flag of the country you represent

>inb4 some wild uruguayan appears

>caring about Turkey or its people

you have to go back Mehmet

He only had to cut inside

list is actually fairly decent op, the only problem is if you're counting wc wins as a reason to put uruguay above fuckin spain there's no reason england should be below holland.

When you're a complete black foreigner in a white(ish) country and lived there for like 6 years, is quite cringeworthy pretending to be so nationalistic.

He wouldn't be able to beat Casillas in his prime regardless

we also have two more EUROs
doesn´t that count for anything?
we´re clearly No 2. If we win next year we´re No 1 without a doubt!

Valdes was better

valdes wasn't even top 3 in la liga

Hahaha sick banter f@m. Really gave me a good bit of stick.

delete this

>this flag
>this post
navas pls go

No problem with that, i find the netherlands worse than germany (no offense op).

I really miss the days when spain always won no matter what, they're a good substitute for italy who is only succesfull every 15 years or so.
I love england but...

Portugal > netherlands

They've been really consistent for the past 20 years (lot of semi finals) and finally got a major tournament win. Fuck the nigel kanker nejderlagen kunts

Why Italy above Germany? Italy won two world cups in the Mussolini era. Meanwhile Germany defeated Puskas, Cruyff, Maradona and Messi

Also 3 euros > 1 euro

You all know this is the only correct answer.
4 historical dominant nations (Germany, Italy, Brazil and Argentina), always favourites no matter what year (maybe Italy a bit less recently, but still a top tier NT).
Then 4 NT who had their golden era (Spain, England, France and Netherlands) and usually are top tier.
And finally Uruguay, who are the Nottingham Forest of the WCs.

yfw based hungary wins the worldc up over the dutchmen in russia

>i havent seen 2010 WC

Mexico strong lmao

just in here to see if a mexican insulted a dutchman for that sweet copypasta

>puts Uruguay over Spain
>puts England under the Netherlands
I know we're a bit shit m8 but we've won a fucking world cup

>Argentina
>dominant nation
>only 2 wcs
>no titles since ever

England on that list is a fucking joke.