Lorde

>“In the next 5 years I want to entirely do a record, everything. Write it completely myself, produce it.”
Thoughts? Do you think she was inspired by Grimes?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Beats1/status/935755334441930752
pitchfork.com/news/49448-grimes-speaks-out-in-defense-of-beyonce-gangnam-style-and-mariah-carey/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Btw, the source: twitter.com/Beats1/status/935755334441930752

>being inspired by a hack
what do you think?

Yeah we'll see how good it'll be...

Don't get me wrong, I'm a massive Lorde fan and Melodrama was my 2017 AOTY, but look at the writing credits and how many incredible producers are on that thing.

I guess she could write and produce an entire album, but it would be really stripped back and barebones. Either that or she doesn't have a grasp on how difficult production and mixing is.

Or you know...decades of musical acts that she looks up to and respects having done the same thing, and not just greasy forest nymph incarnate g r i m e s

>but mastered by someone else
talentless hack

Shut up, plebs. Grimes is a huge talent and Lorde is a fan of her.

The way everybody is talking you'd think they all want to release home recordings a la Ariel Pink.

>Do you think she was inspired by Grimes?

She was inspired in alot of way by Grimes.

"I know because I grew up in Vancouver and half my high school was Korean or Chinese and the kind of shit I heard all the time was horrible. I used to walk around with my Chinese boyfriend and people would yell slurs out of cars. Racism isn't over. Sexism isn't over."
pitchfork.com/news/49448-grimes-speaks-out-in-defense-of-beyonce-gangnam-style-and-mariah-carey/

At least this way she won't be ostracized by her new friends for accidentally working with a *shudder* jew...

>I used to walk around with my Chinese boyfriend

>>I used to walk around with my Chinese boyfriend

why so assmad bois

If you find Grimes inspiring you should probably just go ahead and do the Robin Williams

>an artists wants to make her own music herself?
>MUST be influenced by Grimes, the only artists to ever do that!
Have Grimesfags really destroyed this board?

everyone is inspired by grimes desu.

>MUST be influenced by Grimes
See this you dumb pleb. See also the pic related of that post.

Look out. Grimesfag is going all Aspergers because someone dared to question the talent of the holy queen of hairy little basement soy trolls everywhere. God forbid.

You're trying too hard. You're at a disadvantage, stupid pleb.

here's your (You), yorubafag
Now fuck off back to your third world country.

(oh, and don't forget to reply to this post with "there is no yoruba, u invented that word!!!" like every time)

It's gonna take her five whole years? And people still think women have talent.

there is no yoruba, u invented that word!!!

Bruh, she has chin for herself and him

I don’t think she means mixing and mastering and engineering, I think she just means making the instrumentals and doing all the writing herself.

Then just do it instead of talking about it.

She's reaching out for writers and producers who will work for pay but without credit and without saying they ever worked on it.

Shut up, prick. There's no yoruba, except in your disturbed mind.

Grimes wrote, performed, produced, and mixed Visions herself and it turned out fine. The mixing was somewhat amateurish, which is why she got a professional mixer for Art Angels (though she still did everything else). Very few solo acts do their own mastering, except people like deadmau5 who've invested hundreds of thousands on making a home studio and ear training.

Lorde probably is just referring to everything before the mixing stages.

>Lorde probably is just referring to everything before the mixing stages.
This. Mixing and mastering are technical jobs anyway for people who do this all day long for a living.

My thoughts are that you ruined the thread by mentioning Grimes.

grimes inspires everybody, it has always been like this

If she was that strong a woman then she would also learn how to mix and master it. Stop making excuses for her, she will not sleep with you.

>“In the next 5 years I want to be -british”
Thoughts? Do you think she was inspired by Grimes?

You're right! I AM inspired! Heading to the shitter right now. Gonna' take a Grimes.

You're an idiot. Extremely few artists mix (the final mix) and master their music. And that for a good reason: you need very good ears, technical skills and a non biased mind to do a proper job.

>"I want to entirely do a record, everything."
>"everything"

>"n-no she doesn't actually mean everything, I know b-because-"

I want to kiss lordes cute bum

Do you think lorde would say yes if I asked her out on a romantic date?

Are you a slightly out of shape Asian soy boy?

No dude you _have_ to have years of practice to master a release, look at Bandcamp, all of these artists send it off to Bob Ludwig beforehand

I'm working my way there

You might have a shot then

Reminder that she used to sing in a mars volta, fugazi, battles, and tera melos influenced band before she was famous and if left to her own devices without any record label dictating what she is or isn't allowed to do artistically she might make something really interesting

>Reminder that she used to sing in a mars volta, fugazi, battles, and tera melos influenced band before she was famous
i.e. 'she was in a band once'

>artistically she might make something really interesting
Ah because she was once in a band, good background.

are you actually retarded?