I'm fairly confident this is the best metal album of 2017. Prove me wrong, Sup Forums

I'm fairly confident this is the best metal album of 2017. Prove me wrong, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

zealandardor.bandcamp.com/album/devil-is-fine-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

odd future isn't cool anymore

Well, for a start it came out in 2016

zealandardor.bandcamp.com/album/devil-is-fine-2

>released March 1, 2017

I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't call it the best metal album of 2017.

I fucking love this album but...I don't know man. It feels incomplete. The creator said himself that it was just a side project for him.

Honestly true. It's only 25 minutes but I hope their sophomore LP is twice that length.

>generic garbage metal guitar playing
>mixed with generic garbage spin-off styles of shit like "take me to church"

good job, they mashed two generic pop (yes, metal like that is pop music) music genres together and made an album

>not knowing this project was formed from a 'genres that don't exist' Sup Forums thread

Maybe he's reading this thread right now?

If you're a poptimist maybe

I'd give it maybe a 3. It's a novelty album someone got really high and decided to make.
"Black metal???? Duuuuuude weed should make black metal with slaves in it? Duuuude weed lmoa"
And then they did it and it was mediocre

Meanwhile "trve" black metal bands are regurgitating the same old sound without taking into any consideration how much variety could be added to the genre through unexplored folk rhythms and styles. Maybe they do need to take a hit and lighten the fuck up and take a risk to modify their stale, bland ass sounds.

That's better than lazily overdubbing slave sounds onto some mediocre black metal some dude slapped together after reading a WikiHow article

Not even metal
>/thread

Yah who gives a fuck if they're new to the genre, if they keep this style up their 2nd and 3rd records will be even more phenomenal. No one's perfect on their first go, but at least these dudes are setting a precedent.

You don't have to mix things to be inventive.

(OP)
i agree, 2017 wasnt great for metal, but this was a gem

I'll give you that, they're pretty catchy. I guess if what they aim to be is radio music, they're succeeding. But that's literally it.

Hey man, 2017 ain't over yet

It was self-released on Bandcamp in 2016 but then he got picked up by a label and the album was removed and reposted in 2017.

Seriously doubt there will be a 2nd or 3rd. It's literally just some hipster arrogantly assuming anyone can make a good black metal album and failing.

>Tourism: the album
>best metal album of 2017
If you unironically believe this you can't be a fan of metal.

really?
Pretty surreal that i saw a mu meme live and they were actually pretty good.

>yes, metal like that is pop music
all metal is pop music, you retarded manchild

chad check

It only exists because two people on Sup Forums told him to do it.