No shills. what size screen would you REALLY need for 4k to be worth it? 60" 80" something bigger...

No shills. what size screen would you REALLY need for 4k to be worth it? 60" 80" something bigger? Seems like 4K on a 42" screen is wasted.

Is that a projector? Is that room stuck in 1978?

Yep

thanks bro

What's the Y-axis? Viewing distance?

Yes.

I had no idea those existed. that's super cool

Love that room, man. You need to get one of these clocks though.

its a front projection TV. basically three color tubes with heavy-ass glass lens shoot on the front, onto a mirror on the pulldown door that bounces onto the screen
I got plenty of clocks

and one kind of like yous

I like it. Especially that solari board style one.

I collect clocks whenever I come across them. Sometimes they are just given to me. The GE rotating dial, the brown wood wind up, and the red LED ones were in a box of junk a friend gave to me because "you like old electronics right?"
most other stuff was my parents

Be honest with me, how much pussy have you slain in that room?

NICE CLOCK AHMED

Is that clockkino?

>I never learned about how the eye works, or basic maths.

fuck. sucks to be you poorfag.

No, penis length.

Not that much. Women dont care about old shit like that.

Well then how much cock have you sucked in that room?

A fuckton

None. I just collect this stuff because I fear that if I dont, I'll never see anything like it again.

t. hoarder

No, I will junk stuff after a few weeks if I feel its not good. I search for more high end stuff like those clocks, I know better than to buy every single "dead grandma estate sale" radio. if it was garbage in it's own time, its worthless to me now.

I have a 73 inch and it looks gawjus this 4K, it's yuge, the best TV the best films, you know I have the best TV and films. You don't know anything about TV and films. Sad!

tl;dr

>My grandmother had one of those.
>Told me about four years ago she was going to leave it to me in her will
>Fucking sold it off when she moved into her retirement community last year because she needed to down size.
God damn it! It was such a great piece. Had like a 5 record changer in it too. Oh well...

:(!

Dont give up hope, check local CL, most people are giving them away because they're too big to move/store/etc. dont ever pay more than 100 for one. sometimes people think they are broken and sell them cheap but they just need $10 in TLC. I got that one for $20 from goodwill because it had a blown left channel. all it needed was a new $10 transistor I put in and bam.
i got pic related this summer for $30, restored it and it sounds fine.

Get at least a 65"

I have a YakBak that I recorded a long fart on that I listen to and laugh sometimes.

>everybodies eyes are the same

what a retarded graph

should I wait for prices to come down

How do you look? We might be able to work something out so you can get that new big screen tonight.

Well this graphs is for 20/20 vision. If you have better it shifts up if worse it shifts down.

and my newest addition. a clock timer with some great late 70s aluminum aesthetic

>having better than perfect vision

yea ok

Fan fact: average baseball player from MLB has 20/13 vision. 53% better than perfect vision.

>Tfw 40inch 4k TV and tiny apartment
Too bad the only content that's in 4k has to come from my laptop connected via hdmi. But when I do connect it there so much fucking screen space

4k is ideal for either ~100 inch projector screens, or for computer monitors where you can actually see the extra detail. For everything in between it's overkill, hell it's hard to tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on a ~50 inch TV unless your face is right up on it.

cool! so curved screens aren't a new thing either

Well yes but its not quite the same principle

Well if you're half-blind then you probably shouldn't be caring so much about high resolutions in the first place.

its not a score you nit. it means from 20 feet away you'll see the detail an average person will see at 20 feet.

Are you selling this one by chance?

I've got like a 42 inch Samsung. The only reason I want a new tv is for a better refresh rate. Special effects on my tv look weird as fuck at 60hz

this thread is awesome, carry on lads

Yeah I am. If you're in the chicago area we can work something out

I am

Will county

Wood grain finish really needs to make a comeback on electronic appliances.

It's A E S T H E T I C is hell.

It vanished mostly because its expensive as fuck and can't be reliably mass produced, unless you're trying to make shit look like literal shit.

Sweet. I cleaned up the wood, dusted out the interior, repadded the sliding doors, put in new capacitors, and greased the record unit. I'm near the loop.

I could never justify 4K for a TV.

How much?

Cost of repair materials + purchase cost etc. I'll even give you the schematics. Everything works except FM radio. So $100

Alright are you willing to hold onto it for maybe 2 months? My current apt doesn't have room and that's when I'll be moving

Sure. It will be better to move it anyways then. Too cold in the winter right now.

If you're still interested then, my throwaway email is [email protected]

You mean like how its used in nordic design?

But why would you want to see this again?

It's fucking gopping. No offence.

Its different I guess. my dad bought it new in 1975 and has kept it in good condition for 35 years, it would be a shame to toss it

I didn't realise it had history, I thought it was just something you found and bought. It's still gopping though.