Hey Sup Forums, it's been a while

Hey Sup Forums, it's been a while.

TL;DR: What are your favorite albums to listen to when falling in love?

BACKGROUND: For the first time in a long time, I'm falling in love. I don't know if the person I'm interested in is interested in me romantically, but after every coffee we get or beer we grab or email we exchange, I get this sickly feeling of pleasure and desperation that makes a mess of my stomach. I can barely get anything done without thinking of this person: my work gets pushed off and pushed off, I don't sleep till the wee hours. It's gotten so bad, I'm writing poetry!

REQUEST: I'm here because I want to know what music to listen to. My tastes are eclectic, though they skew punk, and I can't say I know too many albums that capture the mood I'm in. The best thing going for me is Thelonious Monk's "Pannonica" off Brilliant Corners. I've given Weezer's Pinkerton and Violent Femmes' self-titled heavy play, too, but I'm not sure if the angst that shoots through those records is helpful for me at this point. I was hoping you all could point me in the direction of albums to track down, even individual songs to listen to, that were the soundtrack to your own amorous adventures.

I don't care what genre, though I suppose I prefer Jazz and Rock. Also, feel free to share your own sappy stories and how music helped you navigate them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AWSPZyM0D5c
youtube.com/watch?v=lGWBx51eda8
youtube.com/watch?v=TEC4nZ-yga8
youtube.com/watch?v=G_rX_Nm0Ubo
youtube.com/watch?v=gxAOL_w2Ujo
youtube.com/watch?v=KtQ_iAhXRCY
youtube.com/watch?v=dx8TLPz3Lws
youtube.com/watch?v=W2paVgBb8iE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I fell in love with and to this album.

Honestly everything about it grabs my heart and fills it with the kind of unsettling and unfamiliar but sweet and exciting notes that perfectly resemble embracing the scary and unknown, a new love can be like that.

youtube.com/watch?v=AWSPZyM0D5c

i dont know what love is

It gives a that sort of vibe atleast for me. Have fun!

winters love is so romantic

Wow! I was going to say this reminded me of the kind of dreamy, broody longing that Twin Peaks does so well and as it turns out, that's because Julee Cruise is an indispensable part of that dreamy, broody longing. Great suggestion!

Word on the street is true love will find you in the end, user.

Haven't given Animal Collective a listen in a long time. I'm excited to revisit this LP. I always gravitated to We Tigers, but maybe I'll be more attuned to some of the slower tracks this time around.

In high school, it was The Doors. College, it was 2Pac. I was listening to a lot of Velvet Underground when I first started dating my ex-wife. Current girlfriend, I was listening to Yes on my way to our first date. It's always what I'm listening to before that first date that becomes the music I associate with a woman I fall in love with.

Oh, what's that one VU song where Lou and Moe Tucker go back and forth about love and the Viet Cong that kind of sounds like "After Hours"? "I'm Sticking with You!" Those two songs are so goofy, but they definitely belong on the imaginary playlist I'm building.

I associate music with the people I date, too, but the songs don't always stick when the relationships end. Bob Dylan's "Love Minus Zero/No Limit" stirs up memories of several people, I have to admit.

Disintegration from The Cure, especially Lovesong

the romantic's album

>Word on the street is true love will find you in the end, user.
i really hope so

yes

Despite being a fan of Three Imaginary Boys for years, I only ended up listening to Disintegration a month or so ago. The closing track, "Untitled," is devastating. I just started crying about an ex, haha.

I've always thought of it as a breakup album, but maybe that still works in a bizarre way. Emotions never stay in place.

My love was fucked from the beginning, so Disintegration was perfect
And the most devastating track is The Same Deep Water As You imo, the very last thing before I go part always gets me

This is obnoxious advice, and for all I know you're way older than I am, but the best thing you can do is to be positive, to be kind to the people in your life, and to read a lot so you always have something to talk about. Sup Forums usually isn't the best place to hang around for extended periods of time. It can feed into a self-loathing, edgy, even misanthropic mindset that other people in your life, men and women, will pick up on.

I'm rooting for you, user.

Both those songs are very sweet, and definitely give me the feels, but my ex was kind of a freak, so "Venus In Furs" (more than any other) would be the song that takes me back.
Individual songs have this effect too (thought we were talking artists/albums). For instance, there's one girl who comes to mind every time "Watching the Wheels" by John Lennon comes on. Steely Dan's "Dirty Work" has a person too.
The weirdest one is this girl I ran around with for a bit in college who told me her birthday was on March 11th, and that I could remember it by thinking about the band 311. I hate 311, but somehow I still remember her birthday.
I had a dude hit on me by singing Duran Duran karaoke to me. I can't listen to their music without thinking of that weirdness.
It's fun how music weaves into the tapestry of our lives.

thanks user. none of that is new information to me but i appreciate the fact that you took the time to say it. plus it's probably beneficial to hear it again. i especially agree with the part about cutting back on Sup Forums use. but unfortunately i've tried so many times and i always end up coming back. i'm lonely. and even though it's definitely a toxic site, it's the only way i can connect with other people on anything other than a forced, superficial level.

By the time I realized I was in love with her, I started falling out of love with her.

boy do i have some music for you. i play jazz and i'm a fuckin' hopeless romantic so i know a gorillion cheesy love songs but i love 'em

youtube.com/watch?v=lGWBx51eda8

youtube.com/watch?v=TEC4nZ-yga8

youtube.com/watch?v=G_rX_Nm0Ubo

youtube.com/watch?v=gxAOL_w2Ujo

youtube.com/watch?v=KtQ_iAhXRCY

youtube.com/watch?v=dx8TLPz3Lws

youtube.com/watch?v=W2paVgBb8iE

i hope it works out for you, op. but it never really works out, does it? either way, i hope you love well while you can.

gay

Frank Ocean is gay, good observation

I wish lots you of happiness user :)