Good electric guitar

Sup Sup Forumstants

Whats a good electric guitar for punk/metal but can also play some math rock if I want?

I'm thinking of an ibanez and it has to be under 200$

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GnR0ZipQgP0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just buy a second hand Strat. You should be more concerned of the FX and amp.

I'm probably gonna buy a Peavy amp

Every time I use a strat at the guitar store it doesn't give me the same gain/distortion that an ibanez does. It always has a cleaner feel to it

Bumping with some cool artwork

look at what your fav bands / artists are playing.

look at the used market for similar models

this

btw you will have a hard time selling the low value ibanez when you'll outgrow it.

Ok so a strat, but what other models would you reccomend incase I can't find one

there is already a thread for this:

Not OP but I have a question related to this thread. I own a cheap, $100 guitar and was wondering if I really need a new one. I want to buy a good guitar to get better, but if I were good would it really matter what guitar I play?
Maybe I'm just stupid idk

topkek at this faggot

Shit, just saw this. Couldn't find the guitar thread before, sorry.

Yeah but its not the same as this one

What's wrong buddy? I'm not rich if that's what you mean

fuck off underage

In what universe would you not be able to find a strat?

I'm actually in college working as a janitor and have to use a credit card to buy it so fuck off trust fund faggot

the one where op is a pleb and really wants an Ibanez for some reason

A strat for under 300?

well if you’re so poor maybe you just shouldn’t buy one retard

plus nobody even said anything about money you insecure peasant

>Credit card
>Getting into debt
>When you already have college tuition to worry about
>2008+10

If OP wants an Ibanez, he can just get a fucking Ibanez. Why would this be such an issue that he needs to cover up his intentions on an anonymous website?

Squier

autism probably

I want to not waste my money but want a good sound. OK fine I will get an ibanez but i read that Greg Ginn used an ibanez

Im doing engineering so hopefully I'll be able to pay it off

I don't think you can play gigs with a squire

Get a strat*

I will fucking get a strat, so I won't be pleb

I don't see why not. You can play gigs with your foreskin if that's what you're into.

why are third worlders so retarded?

also you’re not going to be fucking gigging any time soon so don’t worry about that

>I don't think you can play gigs with a squire
You might not get the same quality, but Squiers don't get enough credit. Probably the best budget guitars available. I'd think you could play a gig.
>inb4 'squier owner'
>I am

Hey I'm an american I had to practice 5 years at a guitar store

I've seen threads on Sup Forums shitting on squires so I thought they were bad for trying to play live or record something

you should have spent those 5 years practicing english

Couldn't buy it because I have a shit load of bills and I was homeless at one point

I spent those 5 years going full mage mode reading lots of books, listing to the music I want to make and now its attack mode, I have enough money

>I have enough money
is that why you’re a janitor buying bargain bin guitars with a credit card?

>, I have enough money
No you said you had $200

Yes I have enough for bargain bin guitars finally

300 max because I have to buy an amp too

500 is my max for a gig ready guitar and amp

used squier vm strat

>500 is my max for a gig ready guitar and amp
Any band would laugh you right off stage if you walked in with a Peavy and an Ibanez

Ibanez is for children but what’s wrong with peavey?

It's also for children

Greg Ginn used an ibanez and peavy, also I thought it was all about who has the best music?

Oh does Greg Ginn play in a math rock band?

your music isn’t anywhere near good enough to be playing gigs with shit equipment

My band wouldn't be a math rock one

That's not what you said.

Punk/metal based but also able to play math rock

I'm not gonna lie it can be cool but my band is not gonna be soycore.

>also able to play math rock
So again, did Greg Ginn play in a math rock band?

>soycore
Stop

I refuse to believe you’re not 12

I just want to make a hcp/metal band but math rock interests me

Its has to be top tier

>Its has to be top tier
Then don't use a bottom tier tool

>below 200$

Don't listen to these pretentious jerks OP, they're just compensating their lack of talent with pricey instruments. In real life nobody gives a shit if you climb up stage with some $50 squier as long as your music's good

but they will give a shit if you get on stage with your Ibanez neck pickup ran through a peavey cranked all the way up

He kinda played math rock with the song I love you

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GnR0ZipQgP0

>math rock
>not gonna be soycore
Yo OP stop being a hipster faggot and play music that fucking means something. If you just gonna bitch and whine about shit not being perfect then don't fucking bother. You better off sucking dick for money you lil bitch ass faggot. Go die.

You're so simple minded. I don't want a bonehead band, I want some ethereal riffs too

>in real life nobody gives a shit if you climb up stage with some $50 squier as long as your music's good
People who play $50 guitars generally don't play good music