/pol approved paintings

Post paintings.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Speed_(painting)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Rorke's_Drift#/media/File:Alphonse_de_Neuville_-_The_defence_of_Rorke's_Drift_1879_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg
radojavor.deviantart.com/gallery/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

full version of this is too big for Africachan en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Speed_(painting)

inb4 anime is degenerate non-art

What's the paintingsname? Looks like a flemish flag

the GOAT

Stitching the Standard, a painting by Edmund Leighton

Stitching the Standard

i see germanics in those pics

this one is too big for povertychan en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Rorke's_Drift#/media/File:Alphonse_de_Neuville_-_The_defence_of_Rorke's_Drift_1879_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

I've always loved the youthful queen vibe some paintings give off.

And that's my whole art folder.

Thank you for the contribution

Those clouds. Jesus.

Dumping a few more

It's usually cloudy here.The sky is almost always grey.

this version is better

I live in a really stormy area so I understand, the updraft looked really nice in it though

This reminds me of the movie Taxi Driver when he says "I'm God's lonely man."

How great is it that we have a painting on the front page guys?
; _ ; 7 to the new Admin

Dumping some

Name?

I always loved these kinds of paintings - where the background almost blends with the person. It gives an idea of how lighting worked indoors then. Candles only that brought a small dim of light. Could you imagine the common man's house? Or just a soldier's? They weren't rich, they maybe had a few candles to light at night. It's a concept of how dark things actually were before electricity and it's an interesting one to grasp.

I like simple lighting, bright lights hurt my eyes.
>on Sup Forums with 20% brightness

nice

I have no idea of the artist name, but painting is of the Battle Of Ballau Wood

Friendly reminder that this is an off-topic post. Classical artwork threads belong in /his/. There are also other art related boards for non-classical artwork. Thanks for understanding!

Last one

Wow that guy is great, this is his deviant art radojavor.deviantart.com/gallery/

This is Sup Forums paintings, as opposed to just all paintings. If you went on /his/ and posted say, paintings of the Third Reich, you'd probably be told to come to Sup Forums.

>if its not a thread that contains epic memes of donald trump, it is not welcome here

fuck off. This is a quality thread.

tfw I will never be able to gaze at the beauty of this painting in real life because it is in the hands of some greedy private collector.

I literally cried the first time I saw Oath of the Horatii. The feels that paintings bring me are so damn comfy.