>it gets endless praised

>Lucas loves Rogue One
>it gets shit on

What did critics mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

filmaffinity.com/es/search.php?stype=director&stext=Gareth Edwards
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

star wars is hot pleb garbage?

Everyone knows Lucas has shit taste. His only complaint about TFA was that it was just a rehash of New Hope. Which isn't a good thing, but TFA had bigger problems then that.

>Lucas is out-of-touch with what makes a good Star Wars movie

Shocker

bump

Lucas unserstand cinema better than critics and general/Sup Forums audence

Why is Lucas always right? He's like the voice of reason in a mad world

5 > 4 > R1 > 6 = 7 >>>> 3 > 2 > 1

Objective truth.

This.

Are you talking about George "I made the first movie with a black cast" Lucas?

2 is behind 1 by far

>It gets shit on
>Critics Consensus: Rogue One draws deep on Star Wars mythology while breaking new narrative and aesthetic ground -- and suggesting a bright blockbuster future for the franchise.

LITERALLY HUH?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!??!?!!?!?!?!?!!

Yeah, but he's right in every other respect

66 on metacritic isn't too good m8

Close

5 > 4 > RO > 6 >>>>> 3 > 1 > 7 > 2

Thank you for doing this.

Seriously though, that movie was fucking great. What's up with the bad reviews?

>the prequels better than 7

no

6>4>1>5>7>3>>R1>>>>>>>>

Rogue One didn't get shit on though, it got better reviews than it probably deserved t b h

TFA was made for people who liked the OT and watch the series for its spiritual nature and the characters

Rogue One was made for autists who think Star Wars is about exposition and inane trivia bullshit like naming planets and ships

of course George prefers the latter, everything that was good about the OT came from other people

Lol it's a 92 on meta numbnuts. Who are you trolling?

Metacritic doesn't matter.

Only Rotten Tomatoes

I am (quite literally) George Lucas.

AMA.

Lucas realizes they are making movies for children and families so there's nothing wrong with having simple black and white morality and almost cartoonish sequences.

It hasn't been trashed by critics. They don't love it, but it's not getting trashed.

he is /our guy/

>only
For all we know, he probably probably a ton of problems with it but didn't speak out because it would've made him look even worse.
He got so much shit just for just saying that he liked Rogue One, and then people started hating Rogue One and saying that it will suck because Lucas said that.

Completely wrong

Wait, I haven't been on Sup Forums since the film came out. Just got back from seeing it.

You fuckers actually liked this hot garbage?
>that awful direction in the first 30 minutes
>unlikable cunt protagonist
>terrible performances all around
>CGI Tarkin and Leia
>reused footage and sound clips from OT
>even more "DUDE OT LMAO" than TFA

He did what? He actually claimed this?

3 is the second best
R1 is the worst
7 is as bad as 2

he claimed Red Tails was an all-black movie that had never been done before

Seriously, stop pretending George Lucas was some kind of genius. He was an autist with a kernel of a good idea who then piggybacked off the shoulders of more talented people. He's delusional and lives in a different world than the rest of us.

This is a shill thread fampai, your post has no power here.

No.
He liked the fan-film.
Not the Disney one.

>Unironically liking 7 more then 3 which was actually good and 1 which was at least mediocre.

How? Literally fucking how could anyone like that trainwreck?

He's only pretending to like it so everyone else would hate it.

he needs the money for his wife's kids

Lucas has actually a fantastic taste in films, despite being himself a horrible Director. Kinda like Uwe Boll, he can exactly tell you what is good and what is bad on your Movie, but if he do it on his own, it ALWAYS turns to shit.

>Rogue One was made for autists who think Star Wars is about exposition and inane trivia bullshit like naming planets and ships

No, it's for people who like immersive war stories where things aren't morally black and white. It fills the same kind of niche that the Gundam OVAs do. Everyone's neck deep in fucked up shit and there's no moral righteousness in sight.

>Implying Disney doesn't control what Lucas can or can't say about SW and their movies right now
>Expecting a film by Gareth Edwards to be good

filmaffinity.com/es/search.php?stype=director&stext=Gareth Edwards
Godzilla: 5.1
Monsters: 5.2
Factory Farmed: 4.3

JJ Abrams is a fucking hack but at least his movies are good for plebs.

I'd say Lucas liked Rogue One because it was partially original and would have echoed a story he would have, himself, told and probably had potentially thought of himself.

TFA was a rehash of his work and not original. I have a feeling Lucas appreciates originality. Also, there was a FUCK TONNE of poetry in this movie. It rhymed. Like the whole thing rhymed.

>episode 3 was good

Fucking kek. Was it the first movie you saw in theaters or something?

""""Immersive"""" war stories that don't have an ounce of humanity or emotion and are just an infantile expose on the phrase "war is hell"?

Well, TFA fucks up the Original Trilogy's characters and accomplishments. Very lazily might I add. They just skip over everything interesting so they can have a remake of A New Hope.

Rogue One is more or less its own thing. Though I find it hard to enjoy it since TFA has put me in a sour disposition.

TFA was garbage JJ Abrams cant show any battle. Also has weak plot with Starkiller base (wtf is wrong with Kasdan?)
R1 is a masterpice compering to TFA

amy usually gives the weirdest reviews but this time around she ain't fucking around

Will you come back?

I wonder what people would think of Lucas if he had more of a presence online, like a twitter or something to share opinions.

Are you an anti-semite?