youtube.com/watch?v=7q2Hy2PduCE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>guy insults Vader's religion
>I find your lack of faith disturbing

Fuck off, autist

>>All threads shill Disney now.

What did he meme by this?

Never even realized this was a pun

I'm never someone who autisticly complains about quips like most of you retards, but yeah, that was out of place.

He quipped in the OT as well. "I find your lack of faith disturbing" nothing new.

Congrats, you are now the cancer, cancer.

young director + old producers

Why were vader's eyes so damn red in this movie

>tfw he makes choke quips during sex

>Captain Needa: while I present my apologies to Lord Vader
>cut to scene with him being choked
>Vader: Apology accepted, Captain Needa.
>laughtrack

> it's another"retards trying to push the humor is bad meme"episode"

>it's a "ignore any criticism please watch our movie" episode
sad desu

>I find your lack of faith disturbing

That's not a quip. It's religious zealotry.

The line in Rogue One was literally a joke. Vader is breaking balls. The Dark Lord of the Sith is cracking wise. They could have played the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme after that zinger landed.

>I am altering the deal, pray I do not alter it any further

Vader quips are nothing new

Because they were replicating his ANH armor which used red lenses

>"Apology accepted, captain Needa. XD"

Why does Vader quip now?

lol why do you hate quips pre-order you imax tickets today?

they were never nearly that obvious though

Take any movie from the 70's, rerelease it today, and Sup Forums will call every line a quip

"We would be honored if you would join us."

"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."

"I am altering the deal, pray I don't alter it any further."

"I find your lack of faith.... disturbing...."

Don't call me a shill, I WISH I was paid to watch this movie. Instead I paid eight dollars (plus 14 more dollars for the spicy chicken sandwich, waffle fries, medium coke slushie, and churros). And another ten dollars in gas.

Ridiculous.

The cameras weren't as good

wait for the torrent boys, not worth paying for it

>replicating the physicallity instead of the visuals
RETARDED
E
T
A
R
D
E
D

>"All too easy..."

Shitty Jedi son Luke BTFO tbqh

AUTISTIC
U
T
I
S
T
I
C

content shit-eater, not gonna type it twice

>I find your lack of faith disturbing.
>Apology accepted, CAPTAIN Needa :^)
Vader spends 99% of his time making smug_anime_face.jpg underneath his helmet, this is nothing new

it's about his screen prescence and tone, you never felt he came out of a disney toon until now

>"I find your lack of faith.... disturbing...."
He says the line much more casually than this, like he's talking about the weather

That's just because you know it's a Disney movie. It had nothing to do with the performance

Vader always had a snarky sass side along with choking niggas out. Apology accepted being the most obvious since he says it to himself

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also:

>I am altering the deal. Pray I don’t alter it any further.

is him slaughtering over a dozen enemy troops in cold blood not enough?

This is literally 90% of all complaints with the new films

people have such a fucking complex over Disney making the movies because they bought into the meme that George Lucas was a rogue auteur

it's too much actually

poorly overcompensating

they just want non-bland tripe, can you blame them?

>Vader doing his job is overcompensating

I find your shilling disturbing

Disney shills are out in full force.

Damage control much?

he was second in chain in the whole empire, makes no sense to get his hands dirty instead of sending in storm troopers. It's not like he had to face jedis

The only ones that could remotely be considered a quip is "Apology accepted, Captain Needa." or maybe "We would be honored if you would join us."

>tfw no comfy shill job
I would do my pay2post on one thread and talk shit about it on another

>>it's another autist who think humor is always appropriate because one time a nerd said no humor in a movie is bad, so it is always bad when it is missing and always good when it is present

He was personally in charge of taking back the stole Death Star plans.
ANH starts with him and his stormtroopers murdering the shit out of everyone in Tantive IV.

>[after choking Captain Needa to death]
>Darth Vader: Apology accepted, Captain Needa.

vader has always quiped

someone will break your fingers and you'll have no job

>humor is bad in fucking STAR WARS which is famous for its quips

>it's not a quip

Yes it is.

Autism: The Thread

Vader has quipped a lot in the OT, as pointed out by Anons already. Pointing this out is not shilling.

It was in character.

what did he mean by this?

it was not and it was bad

does Mickey have a bbc?

i think the biggest problem was how the entire scene seemed to be building up to it, as if they were really proud of that line and thought they had a real zinger on their hands. it's like a pause for audience applause/cheering (americans) was built in. i might be more forgiving of it if it wasn't just another obvious "it's me, star wars -- remember me, guys?" forced moment

the black is a suit, the color around his face is his true hue

>because I said so!
Nice argument buddy.

really makes me think

It wasn't humor, it was Vader ridiculing the director for his attempt at preserving his authority in the position that he found himself in

yes, Gareth Edwards fucked up big time

get a better brain -- that line in rogue 1 was an unforgivably bad example of marvel tier dialogue. compare with any line from the ot and it's not nearly as naturally delivered or intimidating. self aware garbage

>because I said so!
You must be insufferable to talk to.

tell me why/how you disagree and i'll tell you why you're wrong

probably just as much as you are.

>[after choking Captain Needa to death]
>Darth Vader: Apology accepted, Captain Needa.

Nope. Tarkin and others are more in favor with the Emperor than Vader himself. He's just an attack dog on a short leash until the Emperor decides he needs a firmer hand in crushing dissent by the time of ESB.

He's objectively right

You must be a real treat at parties.

Holy shit

Puns are not the same as euphemisms

Why is Sup Forums illiterate?

it's not just tv, it's youth in general. the amount of illiteracy and bad grammar (minus a few typos) has grown beyond measure. just take a second and scroll through any social media.

so you're saying that Vader was asking him if he felt in charge?

thank you for showing us your knowledge of star wars cartoons and fan fiction.

as I was saying vader is the second in command in the empire\answers directly to the emperor, makes no sense for him to do the dirty job himself when he can sends his strom troopers\space ships, you know like in the old movies

What the fuck is it with you corpulent cunts stuffing your face endlessly? The only thing ridiculous here is your belt size.

>scrolling through social media intentionally

Son.

Other people have already done so. Vader has repeated quips in the OT

"We would be honored if you would join us."

"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."

"I am altering the deal, pray I don't alter it any further."

"I find your lack of faith.... disturbing...."

>muh opinion is objective

So puns only?

>"We would be honored if you would join us."
>[for dinner]

that's a big meal

he quipped in OT but
> "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
isnt one

Vader's whole scene with Krennic was really bad. Something was just very off about the delivery of the lines, it lacked the gravitas that has always made Vader larger than life. The quip wasn't even out of character for him, but the inflections were not as imperious as they should have been.

Hallway scene was dope though.

My biggest problem with the line is the fucking directing of the scene.

For those who HAVEN'T seen it and are arguing about the quip. It's definitely a blatant quip and a literal quip, while we're at it (which Vader hasn't used before. His sardonic humour has never been literal, but ironic or menacing).

It was the directing:
>Vader is turned from the camera, you see his cape
>Director starts choking, finding it hard to breath
>Vader still turned to camera
>Director continues to choke
>Vader turns with his hands clinched in his old style of force choking
>Camera CLOSE UP SHOT OF HAND
>DON'T CHOKE ON YOUR ASPIRATION
>Vader turns back and walks away
It was a fucking villain move. AN actual cartoon villain move. Even the directing played it as a villainous cartoon move similar to what you see in a fucking Scooby Doo cartoon.

That's the problem with the scene. The line is 'fine', but my fucking god the way it was displayed was just heartbreaking.

It literally is not you dumb fucking redditor

I actually had similar thoughts about the movie as whole. They really tried to pull off the most OT-ish movie they could, but the directing was shit. Writers were shit too, after it's not hard to come up with Star Wars dialogue when 90% of it is "I have a bad feeling about this"

>Camera CLOSE UP SHOT OF HAND
IT DID NOT
jesus fuck I get it, you people don't like quips and shit but this literally didn;t even happen. Vader turned towards Krennic and you can see his hand and that's it. Holy shit....

>Vader is breaking balls
Watch it, Motti!

>This is a consular ship… we're on a diplomatic mission…
>If this is a consular ship, where is the Ambassador?
BA
ZIN
GA
The joke is why would be an ambassador on a consular ship because consul and ambassador are not the same thing.

This bothered me a bit as well.

Can you put on a trip so I can screenshot it when a cam rip drops? I just want to laugh at you personally.

>"Luke my son! Let me give you a hand! *under breath* or take one...." *chops off hand*"
im like really??

youtube.com/watch?v=7q2Hy2PduCE

Why did Vader pun in the prequels?

You're just more aware of them now

>I find your lack of faith disturbing.
>Apology accepted, Captain Needa.
>I'm altering the deal.
>Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them.
>The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am.

I mean seriously, are you even trying?

>"I am altering the deal, pray I don't alter it any further."

You know what else was a zany Vader quip? When Vader said "Commander tear this ship apart until you've found those plans!"

>Vader: "What?!"

See, there WERE quips in new hope.

>I live in an age where man children can't discern the difference between a poorly written pun and a one-liner
Pic related: me reading this thread

Well JEJ is fucking old. He did the best he could. And they couldn't hire a sound alike otherwise everyone would be pissed they passed him over.

>heartbreaking
Get a fucking grip.

Maybe he just likes to roll in with the lads and fuck shit up? He isn't in any danger, and I doubt that with his skill set he's busy doing things other than this sort.