Social recluse

>social recluse
>last month ended up at actual IRL party in NYC, maybe 25 people there in a small loft apartment
>live about 14 hours away from NYC, down for the week
>everyone knows everyone else except for me
>i knew only one person at the party (qt3.14 who I'd only just met irl for the first time that night after talking online/over the phone on and off for like 7 years)
>could feel everyone staring at me & wondering wtf i was doing there
>be shy and out of my element and no one is talking to me
>music is playing loudly over gigantic speakers
>everyone is high on some shit they're passing around whereas i am merely slightly drunk (and chugging everything in sight to loosen up and not be so awkward)
>qt3.14 tries to get me more involved by announcing "let's let user pick the music!" >ah fuck
>the huge speakers are hooked up to a PC. she guides me to the PC & instructs me to type a song into youtube to play
>music has stopped, everyone stops talking and is staring at me
>i stutter "i-i don't know..."
>she tries to be enthusiastic, says "C'MON, first song that comes to your mind! whatever you're really feeling right now!"
>feel everyone's eyes on me, the lack of music and everyone waiting for me to choose is unbearable
>type in CAN - Mushroom
>press play
>oh god why
>song begins with harsh drum pattern
>everyone winces
>transitions to subdued emotional vocals over sparse drum beat, lyrics about nuclear warfare
>chorus comes in, blasting over the giant speakers
>I'M GONNA GIVE MY DESPAIR, AHA, AHA, AHA
>song plays with Damo Suzuki's vocals tearing through the speakers
>everyone there is entirely silent throughout the duration of the song
>i do not take my eyes off of the floor once while it's playing
>song ends
>silence. arctic, frigid, utter silence.
>i have killed everyone's high
>have to break the silence. say "YEP" & head to bathroom to escape but find it occupied.
>fuck
Any stories like these? I feel shitty

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1aEImx74gLA
youtube.com/watch?v=QnkrL42R7gk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

next time just play mr. brightside

>>everyone knows everyone else except for me
>>i knew only one person at the party
Well, which is it?

Dear Christ, our Lord...
save this nigra

if this truly happened then fucking lol

Please let this be pasta

Shoulda gone for Vitamin C

el oh el

Go on...

>reading comprehension

>high on some shit
>didn't enjoy CAN
wtf is wrong with people these days

Next time if you insist on being autistic and playing fucking can, pick vitamin c or one more night

Fuck me, I though you couldn't get more socially incompetent than me. I guess I was wrong.

I know a lot of stupid people who smoke weed and it doesn't really seem to make a lot of effect on them.

how does one living 14 hours from NYC end up on a party in NYC with people he doesn't know and a qt3.14

this desu

I play weird shit for my friends when we smoke all the time and nobody ever gets pissy

Why are they so frigid? They were the ones being assholes, not you OP. Couldn't they just have a laugh?

Here's another one for you guys...

>be 2 years ago
>still was a social recluse at that point, no friends etc, somehow managed to get a girl very interested in me, she asked me out, we started dating
>been together maybe a month at this point
>i like her just fine but really can't handle any of her friends; very loud, obnoxious, very into drugs (which I can't try even if I'd wanted to due to my ridiculous anxiety which I'm sure the drugs would exacerbate beyond belief)
>every time i'd go to her place there would be a party there, day or night, at least 6-8 other people and it would always be like walking into a giant cloud of weed smoke
>really couldn't relate to any of her friends and the feeling was mutual
>one night overheard her saying "i'll give you an ounce of (something) if you just go in there and talk to user"
>guy she's talking to: "aw come on can't i just buy it from you instead...that kid is so awkward...why are you even with him?"
>"Just do it now and be friendly or you don't get shit"
>ugh
>dude comes around the corner looking miserable, forces the most awkward "hello" ever, asks me what i do, i tell him, he is totally uninterested, asks me what kind of music i like, i list off some bands I was into at the time; CAN, Captain Beefheart, Nico, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Comus, Danny Brown, David Bowie, Death Grips
>he looks at me like I am utterly insane
>I mumble "do you...like any of them?"
>He says "you're fuckin' weird, kid" and leaves

Fuck my life

cont.

>after that exchange I wanted to leave, badly, but couldn't since my girlfriend had driven me there & i'd already agreed earlier to spend the night
>more people show up and fill up the living room, a place with about 4 couches, some beanbags and a TV with Netflix
>all of her friends are in that room watching Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo and talking loudly over it & laughing & smoking weed and a few are doing coke
>i do not want to be in there but girlfriend drags me in and makes me sit down on a sofa between her and some random nasty dude who kept asking me who i was even though i'd told him many times
>across the room i can hear the dude i talked to before making fun of me with the two girls he was sitting with
>they keep darting their eyes over at me and laughing
>goddamnit
>starting to hate everyone here more and more
>shitty movie ends
>drunk, pissed & uncomfortable that i have to be with these people
>gf tries to get me involved, asks me to pick the movie on netflix
>I immediately type in "IRREV" and "Irreversible" pops up
>fuck yes, didn't think they'd actually have it
>everyone immediately moans about it being some french film with subtitles & tells me to pick something else
>ignore them, play the movie, start skipping through all the scenes
>"what are you fucking doing mannn"
>say nothing, keep skipping ahead until i find "the scene" - boom, there it is.
>Press play. Thus begins a scene of a woman being brutally anally raped in a hallway at knife point for 10 solid minutes with the camera never panning away. Also being kicked and punched in the head repeatedly.
>Everyone stops smoking their weed, stops snorting their coke, stops talking, stops laughing, just stares
>Some people start to say "yo man turn this shit off" and "fuckin bad vibes man what the fuck"
>a girl says "this is making me really uncomfortable"
>the nasty dude sitting next to me gets up and sits on the floor away from me instead

don't have last part typed up yet

who the fuck does coke to sit around and watch netflix

AAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
That's the edgiest thing I've ever heard. I'd unironically love to hang out with you man

>soon everyone is voicing their opinion, telling me to turn it off
>i hand the remote to another guy who is so fucked up and high that he can't figure out how to turn it off and just increases the volume instead so now the screams and nauseating background music from the rape scene are even louder
>two other guys try to take the remote from him and fight over which one "knows how to use it," all the while the rape scene continues playing and gets progressively worse
>one of the girls leaves the room at this point, saying "NOT fucking cool"
>someone finally figures out how to make it stop
>everyone is quiet
>i feel a horrible sense of victory combined with a horrible sense of guilt combined with a horrible sense of embarassment
>head junkie says "well, i'd say the party's over now. no more movies. anyone else wanna get the fuck out of here?" everyone agrees and they all go outside and get in their cars to go eat somewhere.
>just me and my girlfriend in the house now, as i wanted it to be
>she's pissed at me
>i tell her at least it's just the two of us now
>this pisses her off even more and she drags me out to the cars with the rest of her junkie friends, makes me go to dinner with them anyway
>goddamnit
>thus ensues the most awkward dinner ever, at an empty Denny's
>everyone avoids eye contact with me, and at least this time it's understandable as I brought it on myself
>like 7 people say "i don't even have an appetite now thanks to that fucking assrape shit"
>someone says the only way he's going to sleep tonight now is if he "scores some serious H"

Your gf's friends were seriously a bunch of pussies goddamn. That story's great.

>we leave the restaurant and one of the girls pulls me aside
>ah fuck, she's going to berate me for showing a rape scene out of nowhere
>instead she grins, tells me what i did back at the house was fucking hilarious and gives me a high five...which i awkwardly miss, but still, what she said salvaged the night for me somewhat
>thankfully there was like an ever-rotating group of friends at my girlfriend's place after that point so i didn't have to interact with most of the particular group of people i'd shown the rape scene to
still cringe thinking back on it now though. when in a painfully awkward social situation i always make the worst decisions possible.

this reaction image was made for you

>misses the high five to top it all off
incredible

write a song about it

howd you two meet online?

>pic related is OP

>It's another "user puts weird music at a party where that clearly isn't welcomed"episode

That said, that's pretty funny. It happens to all of us. Don't worry.

that was the best decision you could have made

i fucking love you

Thinking the exact same thing

and this is why you listen to trap, at least ironically

Should've played Peking O

you fucking small brained idiot lmao who tf play CAN at a party? Dude you should have just played fucking Future or something ya idiot or AT LEAST New Order

Are you retarded?

If OP was the only one who didn't know anyone else at the party, then he could not know the girl.

Shoulda played Sophie - Ponyboy and turned the whole thing into an orgy

Story doesn't fit. Mushroom by Can is easy to dance to

why do I believe every detail of this story

absolutely based, anxiety-user

Weird, I had an embarrassing experience playing that same song out of my shitty phone speakers one time and a girl in the house I was staying in at the time walked in. I wanted to shoot myself in the head right then.

sounds like you were dating the wrong one user

Honestly I feel like people deliberately set people up like this. Say "Aw come on just play whatever you FEEL like," and then act really offended no matter what you play.

>not moonshake

i've done it

>go ahead user, play anything
>look around
>thisisit.jpeg
>put on link related
>youtube.com/watch?v=1aEImx74gLA

protip: play whatever the fuck song that gets a lot of plays on the radio
never play whatever the fuck you "feel" thats just retarded
come on son
people will give no fucks about you playing normie shit
some people will even actually be happy you played it

also dont be a bitch and get high

but truthfully you set yourself up for a fall putting yourself in that position around strangers
learn from it

This

I would have played joy division

>"scores some serious H"
what decade was this

more please user

>Be me in a bar in Pennsylvania. I was working for a traveling construction outfit, and our company had underbid the local union shop for the job. We were treated essentially like scabs the whole time we were there. The union guys would come out and vandalize our site, and some days would be completely lost due to the damage that they would do.
>Small town. One bar. We would drink with the fuckers who were at war with us in the evenings.
>Jukebox in the bar. Mostly country and mullet rock. My buddy and I would always request the best stuff the box could muster. Bands like Yes and Talking Heads and Pink Floyd.
>Union guys, knowing who we were, would always pay extra cash for the jukebox to override our requests.
>Fast forward to our last night in town. We're salty and ready to get the fuck out of dodge.
>My buddy and I both throw ten dollars each into the jukebox (five songs for four dollars), and request Bob Seger's "Still the Same" twenty-five times in a row.
>After about three times playing, the whole bar p much knows what the fuck is happening.
>Order another drink, and stare down each and every one of those cocksuckers who have made my life miserable.
>Guys go over to override the songs.
>See how many times the song's been requested.
>Don't.
>Little by little, they begin to file out.
>Close out the bar listening to nothing but the same damn Bob Seger song, and every swig of bourbon tastes like fucking victory.
>The stares in that place from the few assholes that remained were like daggers, but I've never felt like such a champion.
>Vengeance is mine, thanks to Bob Seger and his mullet.

I hope this is true

I once played Viper for my roommate

youtube.com/watch?v=QnkrL42R7gk

I liked these stories, nothings wrong with normies but normie junkies are the worst.

I would play Get Low every time

I thought you quit Sup Forums faggot

How'd you find a party? I'm spending next weekend in the city.

this is so fucking fake

>friend of mine is playing at a local pub with his stoner band and asks me if I want to do an "opening act" for him by playing some music and videos before the band starts performing
>tell him I could do a small krautrock special
>"ok cool!"
>arrive to the pub, nobody is there except for the owners
>they hand me a laptop that's connected to a projector
>dump all the .avi's from the pendrive
>pub is still empty but I start my "set"
>start playing Can, Neu, etc
>the pub remains empty
>my friend and his band arrive
>nobody gives a shit about the music or the videos
>I end my "set", they start playing, but the pub is still empty

>still was a social recluse at that point, no friends etc, somehow managed to get a girl very interested in me, she asked me out, we started dating
my suspension of disbelief is already broken before i even start reading these

Wrong. Halleluhwah is the only answer, everyone was already high, they'd get even higher fellas

I love can and neu and all that shit but I wouldn’t give a fuck about your “act” either

>get asked to put a song on at a party
>pick literally any daft punk
>everyone has fun
It works 100% of the time

As long as it isn't from RAM.
People got tired of get lucky real quick

>she asked me out,
what did he mean by this?

Wouldn't you like to step into a pub and hear Can and Neu and see their videos on a big screen?

yeah but I wouldn’t applaud the dork playing them when he finished