Can Funeral, Neon Bible, and The Suburbs be considered “the original trillogy?”

Can Funeral, Neon Bible, and The Suburbs be considered “the original trillogy?”

The numale trilogy, yeah

t. numale

nice meme

I don't think of them as a trilogy but they are all amazingly well done albums. I also loved about half the tracks on Reflektor.

Everything Now was awful - the only song I ever go back and listen to is Put Your Money on Me.

What exactly is “numale” about these albums?

Every record this band makes is worse than the previous.

Wrong. Suburbs>Neon Bible>Funeral>Reflektor>EN

Correct, but it's a good thing they started on a real high; it gave us three solid albums
How can you even think this. Funeral is infinitely better than Suburbs. Every single track on Funeral is amazing while Suburbs' best tracks are at the beginning and then the album is loaded with filler

Which tracks off of The Suburbs do you consider to be “filler.”

The original trilogy of what exactly

For me, it's Rococo, City With No Children, Half Light I, Month of May, Wasted Hours. I still really like the album, I just think it doesn't compare to Funeral in terms of consistent quality (maybe it would have been better as a single album for me at least)

>“the original trillogy?”
>of two great albums and one dud

Rococo- one of the highlights of the album. A real banger.

CWNC- another great song.

Month of May-one of the less interesting tracks, but still a solid piece of post-punk revival.

Wasted Hours- probably the worst track on the album, but it’s still a decent folk-rock tune, and I’d hardly consider it mere “filler.”

Not him but I agree The Suburbs would be better off dropped down to 12 or so songs. Specifically Modern Man and both the Half Lifes should be killed. Drop them from the album, and you have their best.

The Half-Lifes are the best songs on the album. Fuck you bitch.

>I like them the most, therefor they are the best
Not how it works.

That’s exactly how it works. Historical factors aside, art criticism is purely personal opinion, nothing else.

>Both sides call it "Half Life" not "Half Light"
absolute plebs

>That’s exactly how it works
It's not.
>art criticism is purely personal opinion
Based on concrete data.
I'm going by the title the band used on setlists.

Fuckin Mandela effect

>Concrete data
You mean other people’s opinions? That’s pretty fucking plebeian.

>You mean other people’s opinions
No.

>that’s pretty fucking plebeian.
Oh how long have you been studying music theory?

Don’t tell me about music theory.

The Mona Lisa is objectively less complex and elaborate, and thematic than something such as The Garden of Earthly Delights. Does that make The Mona Lisa any less signifigant of an artistic expression? Of course not.

In the same way, music being theroretically more complex and elaborate does not necessarily make it better.

>The Mona Lisa is objectively less complex and elaborate, and thematic than something such as The Garden of Earthly Delights.
How so? Please elaborate

It’s an objective fact, just look at the paintings.

>Imagine being this wrong

>self evidence is my argument!
Not how art criticism works

Try again. Remember your patricianhood is at stake.

everything after neon bible is garbage and brought shame to this city

Also, The Garden is highly thematic in that it depicts the origin of man, his fall from glory, and the ultimate damnation of humankind. The Mona Lisa on the other hand is just a portrait, abeit a very well-made one.

Rococo is their best song

>he thinks the Mona Lisa is *just* a portrait
kek

All these plebs ITT

Explain how the Half Lifes are better

Than what? The Mona Lisa? You’ll have to be more specific, user.

The rest of the album. Did you read the thread?

Why the Half LIGHTS are musically the best tracks on the album: Half Light Iis a lovely soundscape that incorporates clean guitars and reverb-drenched strings. The song is almost reminiscent of “In the Backseat” off of Funeral in terms of musical texture and the overall feel of the instrumentation. It is contrasted with the thumping drumwork and intense energy of Half-Light II, which features crunchy guitars and electronic elements, evoking a chaotic urban environment.

Lyrically, the Half-Lights are also highly thematic, as the trope of “innocence and experience.” is explored in the two songs. Part one depicts scenes of young people leaving home and prodding roaming the streets, free from their parents authority. On the other hand, part two focuses on the realities of adulthood and life in the modern age.

>lovely soundscape that incorporates clean guitars and reverb-drenched strings.
No, that describes most of the album. Why makes it better than the rest?
>the overall feel
Not what I'm asking. Try again

Please use music theory to answer the question.

>Lyrically
No, this is not enough. Do a literary analysis of the lyric.

You asked for music criticism, and I gave it. You seriously want me to delve into music theory and present a full literary analysis? Fuck off.

What went so wrong with Everything Now?
Did they unironically sell out? I say this as somebody who defends most of Reflektor..

>You asked for music criticism, and I gave it.
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean plebeian criticism. I thought you knew what I meant, since you implied your were a patrician. I guess you were just using words you didn't understand.
>You seriously want me to delve into music theory and present a full literary analysis? Fuck off.
If you can't prove it, it's not true Half Lifes are bad and should have been dropped. Sorry you like inferior things.

I don’t have time for this. Goodnight my darling.

>proven wrong
>runs away like a pussy

Stop hating Suburbs pls, its awesome, their second best

Never change

He doesn't like them