>Band
Kyuss

>Film
Good, Bad, and the Ugly

>Literature

Oh and..
>vidya
Modern Warfare 2

Sorry to tell you this, but this is pleb as fuck. You're probably a weeb too.

>AN
Redux or original?

>Album
>St Anger
You must be joking.

>Album/Band
Laughing Stock
Pink Floyd
>Film
Watership Down
>Book
The Plague
>Vidya
The Phantom Menace

Original
The plantation bits are unnecessary to the story and only provide context of the war

>music
swans - children of god

>movie
Disappearance of haruhi

>book
I dunno, haven't read much since graduating highschool, so probably like, catch 22 or 1984 or something

>interactive audio-visual media
braid

You were happiest when you were 13. Life seems to have been downhill since then.
You often imagine your life had you been born in different time periods and places. You don't think this is the best timeline for you.
You often fantasize about terrorists or burglars breaking in and how'd you disarm them and save the day.
Hates urban life. You often dream of running away and living somewhere in the country.

I mean, I used to think it was shit, but then It grew on me.
>that guitar tuning
>that "snare" drum
>that bad production
>them simple yet catchy riffs

Same with their 90s Blues Rock Albums Re/Load, they grew on me. Now I can't even listen to their 80s Thrash albums anymore.

>You often fantasize about terrorists or burglars breaking in and how'd you disarm them and save the day.
I fantasize about [spoiler]having to never having to work and living with a significant other[/spoiler] mostly

lol the plantation scene was great, maybe even essential, you plotfag

>Album
Muleskinner's s/t
>Film
Au hasard Balthazar
>Book
Don Quixote
>Vidya
M.U.L.E

Albums: Ok Computer, Pet Sounds, The Suburbs, Soundtracks FTB, Skinny Fists, ITAOTS.

Movies: 2001 ASO, Taxi Driver, Pulp Fiction, Jurassic Park, The Big Lebowski.

Books: The Divine Comedy, Of Mice and Men, Grapes of Wrath, The Bible (for secular reasons).

Games: I don’t play video games.

good taste

Shit meme commit suicide

Breddy gud taste but really basic choice in Zelda game

Holy pleb

I used to fantasize about saving the day when i was 14, now i just fantasize about where i would throw explosives for maximum effect.

How you doing on your first week here?

>Jak And Daxter
>Daft Punk
>Zelda
my nigga

>You often imagine your life had you been born in different time periods and places. You don't think this is the best timeline for you.

You're kind of right. I mean politically on paper I'm a traditionalist living in a so called progressive world. I'm Into Alex Jones type shit. But meanwhile personally, I'm happy and wouldn't change my situation to live in some other timeline, although my life isn't "perfect" or anything.

>album
The madcap laughs
>film
In the mood for love
>book
One hundred years of solitude
>vidya
Kingdom hearts 2

bait

>Album/Band
The Glow Pt.2
Stankonia
Time Out

>Film
Biutiful

>Book
Frankenstein

>Vidya
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga

I’ve listened to a lot of music. These are genuinely my favorite albums.

Only 14 year old fedora metalchildren militantly hate on one of the best metal albums ever made.

Space Pinball is a great game you piece of shit

>Album
The Stooges - Fun house

>Film
Stranger than Paradise

>Book
Whatever (Houellebecq)

>Vidya
never really got into it

Yeah, im assuming you've watched a lot of movies too.

Why don't you go outside your comfort zone for once?

have an upvote idiot

i don't know if i would say it's great, but it's kind of a shame it isn't in later versions of windows

nice book and film
nice b8

Not even fucking joking

>plotfag
No it hamstrings the dreamlike momentum and weirdness of the movie with a more "real" scene that drags on and on and on
Even Coppola when they filmed it was like "This is worthless, I'm cutting it out"

nothing wrong with that

thanks I thought the first reply would be "faggot"

unironically the best thing in here is spring breakers

bet u fucking are
congrats, I haven't listened to any of yours
imma watch that movie since I like your other stuff, better be good
based picks, but I bet ur filled to the brim with soy
why even post user
nice picks, bet I'd fucking hate you if I met you

+Burzum
+ff, zelda, lotr
kekd
+Lego, Outkast

>10 things I hate about you

why tho

not even a top 20 teen romance

I love Daniel Johnston, Delta Blues, and free-form jazz. I also enjoy experimental and art films such as Man With a Movie Camera. What’s that about “comfort zones?”

>congrats, I haven't listened to any of yours
go listen to Visions of the Country. I can't imagine any music fan disliking it

So one has "committed suicide" since 1973 when it was decriminalized.

most 15 year olds haven't seen paris texas

chuckle'd

I'm so baffled that we have Solzhenitsyn next to10 Things that my brain will only allow me to accept this as bait

>free-form jazz

kek I remember that spongebob episode too
aat least get the genre name right before 'showing off'

>albums
Boris - feedbacker
Grouper - AIA (both parts)
Tetsu inoue - inland
Forn - the departure of consciousness
Jan jenilek - loop finding

>movies
Blade runner
Inland empire
Tampopo
Good time
Oldboy

>books (i mostly read my mom's old stuff)
The screwtape letters
Les miserables
The catcher in the rye
The winter of our discontent
Speaker for the dead

>vidya (not super into it but i enjoy these)
Witcher 3
Pokemon blue
GtaV

underage
good taste in vidya
yeah this is bait
best daft punk album very good
diamond dogs? of all bowie albums you could've chosen
10/10 movie

Terrible taste in vidya good everything else

>band/artist
t.y.e.
>book
a wild sheep chase by haruki murakami
>movie
bladerunner
>vidya
bioshock

good enough for me

Do it bud, Biutiful is one of those movies that makes you feel happy for dying in a good way.

I haven't played a lot of games recently dude, but holy shit how I loved the Lego star wars as a child

>Album
98.12.28 男達の別れ
>Band
The Microphones
>Film
Taxi Driver
>Book
L’étranger
>Game
Half-Life

judge me

god tier book

That’s what I was referencing you moron. God this thread is filled with fucking idiots.

Do you want my book of clash of kings? It's only making dust here

great game, really excited for the sequel coming out in 10 years

already got a copy but its the one with the hbo ad on it, ill take it if its another edition, i lend my asoiaf books to friends all the time so it could also be useful

>10 years
wow you're pretty optimistic

desu tho i think if release date isnt gonna come at e3 or gamescom, it might come this thursday, supposed to be first dev blog of 2017, but dont get hype

hmu with some kino teen romcoms user
ok I'm downloading it now! :D
I just posted my 3 favorite movies. also, gulag is really just the only book I've read since high school

I assumed they were going to do that announcement once they got through all the faction blogs or something, so either of those would be way earlier than I was expecting, either way, I'm glad they've been doing the blogs, it's nice to see the project is still alive

>Album/Band
Disintegration/Speaking in Tongues
Deftones

>Film
Braindead/Dead Alive
Il Sorpasso
Drive

>Book
The Disaster Artist

>Vidya
Saints Row 3&4

>Frankenstein
My nigga

you remind me of the taste of this really obnoxious kid who I knew in high school

you might be cool though idk

i dont down people for what i see as shitty tastes in games and movies if that helps.

Yeah you're already a step above his dumbass desu

>too much soy makes me passive aggressive

yeah i miss Frank but Callum is doing way better when it comes to communicating with the community

>Album/Band
World of Echo (Arthur Russell)
Low (David Bowie)
Yume no Kirigishi (Takami)
>Film
The Death of Empedocles (Straub–Huillet)
From the notebook of... (Robert Beavers)
Timeless, Bottomless Bad Movie (Jang Sun-woo)
>Book
Being Singular Plural (Jean-Luc Nancy)
>Game
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
not into vg

letterboxd.com/grundle/

>Dead alive

This man has good taste

>Video games are for children
>Ween

A++++ book. I'm in sci-fi/fantasy withdrawal after reading them, got any recs that come close?

Album: White Light White Heat
Film: Wild Strawberries
Book: The Trial by Kafka
Dont really play games

Who cares about games

>Video games are for children
>my escapism is more mature than your escapism
yikes

>Albums
-Sister - Sonic Youth
-Daydream Nation - Sonic Youth
-Evol -Sonic Youth
-Confusion is Sex - Sonic Youth
-Loveless - MBV
-Good News For People Who Love Bad News - Modest Mouse
-Sketches of Spain - Miles Davis
-Love Supreme - John Coltrane
-Dreams - Gabor Szabo
-Geogaddi - Boards of Canada
-I Am Come - Part Chimp
-Static Age - Misfits
-DC Snuff Film/Waste Yrself - Teen Suicide
-Fake Train - Unwound
-Delaware - Drop Nineteens
-Depression Cherry - Beach House
-Neu! & Neu! 2 - Neu!
-Nouns - No Age

>Movies & TV
-Fight Club
-Hard Boiled
-Pulp Fiction/Reservoir Dogs/Django/Hateful Eight(yes im a tarantinofag)
-Trailer Park Boys(Early Seasons)
-How I Met Your Mother
-first two seasons of Spongebob

>Books
-Watchmen
-Catcher and the rye
-Diary of a wimpy Kid

>Video games
-Half Life 2
-Super Mario Sunshine
-Hotline Miami1 & 2
-Murder Miners

just listened to Visions of the Country. really nice stuff and an incredible recording. I'll check out that Scott Walker album. mind letting me in on the other album you had on your chart?

Video games are entertainment. Everything else on the templates are art. None of your yikes-posting can change that.

Right because you like the other three purely because of the artistic value in it...yeah nice bait. Godfather Part 3, along with almost any movie was made by a team of people just like video games

Glad you liked it :) the other album is Current 93 - Of Ruine or Some Blazing Starre
>angst
my fuckin nigga. such an underrated film. nice music as well

I wasn't trying to be passive aggressive. Also can we just let the soy meme die already, it was never funny.

Ween are a lighthearted band but I highly doubt a significant portion of their fanbase is children.

Sorry user, I've got nothing for you as I'm in the exact same spot. Nothing I've tried comes close.

Well, I mean a significant portion of the video game audience is literally children. Most people grow out of it as they get older.

My main issue with video games is that yes, while they are art, they have never produced a masterpiece on par with the masterpieces of other artistic mediums. No video game has ever come close to reaching the heights of a book like Moby Dick, or an album like Pet Sounds.

Furthermore nowadays video games are so commercialized that anything with a budget is focus grouped into oblivion and has zero artistic vision, while anything created by someone with actual vision will not have enough budget or manpower to be truly special. The barrier for entry is way too high to produce truly great art.

based on the effort the composers, writers, directors, graphic designers,artists, and developers put in you better believe its art you vapid cunt

You'd fit right in on reddit!

i also smoke weed

Braid was pretty emotinal nd good.
The more indie, smaller team made games can be more down to earth and honest. Another interesting example was The Stanley Parable..Its a meta kind of game..so the mechanics of games are even a part of the artistic experience in that one. Interesting game.
The fanbase has nothing to do with it dude...btw

yeah, surprised it doesn't get more recognition because of klaus schulze

give it time damn. videogames really only started the way that movies and modern literature did in the 20s, in the 90s

play HellBlade: Senua's Sacrifice, if that isn't on par with Moby dick, I dont know what is

also if you're actually gonna take my advice and play it, wear headphones, its worth it

>
Furthermore nowadays video games are so commercialized that anything with a budget is focus grouped into oblivion and has zero artistic vision, while anything created by someone with actual vision will not have enough budget or manpower to be truly special. The barrier for entry is way too high to produce truly great art.

Maybe if we're talking AAA game titles popular on consoles, maybe. There's actually more people now then ever that are developing video games into modern art now that there are so many different ways for people to start and the indie boom is bigger now than ever. Games like Journey, ABZU, The Witcher 3, Portal 2, Hyper Light Drifter, Owlboy are just a few fairly different games that transcend the idea of simply "selling" and manage to create something that really sets video games apart as it's own art form. It's the same way that film has so many blockbusters that are popular, but looking just a bit you can find truly groundbreaking pieces of modern art.

similar to what this guy is saying:
if you want to find good video games, you should ignore anything "triple A," like every rule, there are exceptions, but the vast majority of the truly interesting things going on in the space are being done by the indies, much like music, really.

>Music
Katatonia
Carpenter Brut
Misfits

>Film
Jacob's Ladder
The Shining
No Country For Old Men

>Book
Blood Meridian
A Confederacy of Dunces
Trainspotting