What makes the 1985 Chicago Bears the best nfl team of all time?

What makes the 1985 Chicago Bears the best nfl team of all time?

Their Defense and the most dominant running back in the league at the time

>tfw only know one guy from the pic
why are nfl stars such a forgettable, expendable fodder cannon?

Jim?

>Mcmahon
>Payton
>Singletary

I can name three and I'm not even a Bears fan

if they were so good, why didnt they repeat?
checkmate.

McMahon was an extremely underrated piece for the Bears. He was injured in 84' and 86' and since they didn't have a decent back up QB, they could only rely on their run game which made the offense 1 dimensional.

Just look at the thursday night game against the Vikings to see how much of a difference maker McCahon was.

They're not. Nostalgiafaggots, grandpas, and ESPN zealots are told they are, but the 2015 Broncos D face much better offenses and crushed them.

fpbp

I lost money betting on the Niners in the NFCCG against them.

Seattle's D just a few years ago was miles better than the '85 Bears too,

>4th in the NFL in points allowed in 2016
>Better than 85 Bears

Probably the gayest post I've ever read on any website.

Because you're a fucking new fag

fencik
waddle
gault
perry
singletary
dent
marshall

Damn, and I thought I was old having early childhood memories of the Shuffle.

The West Coast Offense wasn't in vogue so most teams hadn't figured out that you could nullify an all-out blitz if you just got the ball out quickly and made short passes.

The Bears' only loss was to a Dolphins team that figured this out.

The 2015 Panthers defense was better but would give up huge leads in the second half because "muh prevent defense"

The Super Bowl came down to who could force turnovers and the Broncos figured out that if they played ball security and let Peyton do jack shit the Panthers wouldn't get the chance to do any serious damage on defense.

No

'72 DOLPHINS GOAT

/thread

Any modern college team could beat these guys now. Please stop hyping up past shitty teams

they're not the 2016 Browns would slaughter them

They literally made that song before they won the superbowl. If you can shittalk and then back it up ur automatically GOAT

Is it true if you stretched all the Seahawks injuries end to end they'd go to the moon and back 3 times?

46 Defense basically eliminated the Fullback from NFL football.

An NFL team, especially the O-Line blockers and defensive lines, is like a machine with extremely specialized and effective parts.

Helmets don't let you see the faces so there's a natural disconnect there, then the fact their careers are short by average and get replaced every 3-4 years.

pick any one of those 70's steelers teams
literally a hall of famer at every position

Jesus Christ dude they're only HoFers because they won and they won mainly because of their Defense.

Compare Lynn Swann

336 catches - 5462 yards - 51 TDs

to his contemporary Stanley "Juggs" Morgan

557 - 10716 - 72

One of those players made the HoF and wasn't Juggs. Even Steve Grogan's stats (26,886 yds 182 TDs in 135 Starts) are comparable to Bradshaw's (27989 yds - 212 TDs - 158 Starts).

The only thing the 70s Steelers were GOAT at was taking steroids.

BTFO
T
F
O

Opponent Winning Percentage of 36.7%

Since they only played 14 games back then and the 2007 Pats played 16, let's subtract 2 games from the Pats' schedule - their 2 games against the 1-15 Dolphins. Doing that, the 2007 Pats opponents winning percentage was 52.7%.

Shocking disparity! I claim shenanigans!

They sang a song about how they were going to win the Super Bowl several months before the Super Bowl. Then they went and won it.