What's your opinion on Yes and their best songs being more than 5 minutes long such as pic related?

What's your opinion on Yes and their best songs being more than 5 minutes long such as pic related?

10/10 album

Only song that taints it a bit is "America", I feel like they were trying hard to be modern at the time it was released. Close to the Edge was beautiful though, the organ always throws me off though.

you know america is a bonus track and not actually from the album right, its only

1) Close to the edge
2) And You and I
3) Siberian Khatru

good album good songs

I was about to say that, America was included in the deluxe edition

Heart Of The Sunrise is the best Yes song

Im just saying that it isn't needed on the the track, it would be better on Fragile or Going for the one instead

America is a bonus track on later reissues of Fragile

It's a bonus track on some releases of Close to the Edge.

Best band ever just about. I'm glad their best songs are so long so we can enjoy them for longer.

Wait, so they tried forcing the song twice as a bonus track on two different albums? What is the point of doing that?

Labels make decisions like that. The release of Close to the Edge I have with America on it is from like 2001 or something so it's way way after the original release. Probably just putting out more music for new fans or something.

So what's their worse album/song?

Tormato, no doubt about it

There are strong tracks on Tormato. I think it's so badly regarded mostly just because people started saying it was bad and it caught on. It's not Fragile or Close to the Edge, but there are a lot of good tracks.

Worst album is probably some silly thing from after Jon Anderson was out of the band. All that stuff is pretty unremarkable IMO.

Worst album is either Open Your Eyes or Heaven & Earth

former has Jon Anderson but with terrible production, latter has Jon Davidson or some shit idk but they both have zero redeemable qualities

The single (radio) cut of America was released with reissues of CTTE, the full version of the song was released on reissues of Fragile. Either way, they cut the best parts of the song out to make it fit on the radio, but the full version is decent.

Literally everything made after 90125

>He likes Owner of a Lonely heart
>He doesn't like Rhythm of Love

Big generator is just the same rift and tones but with the same lyrics m8

>Same rifts and tones
>Different lyrics
What the fuck are you on? They are all different

Biggest difference is production, big generator sounds worse. The main problem is that the music itself sounds so similar, it's like they made an extended b-side album for 90125. It's like a shitty mimicry of a good (but far from excellent) album.

I agree 100%, especially final eyes, its song is really well sung but gets snubbed by its shitty album it was placed in.

I love long songs and Yes do them better than just about anyone else.

But... but it's so comfy

No, it just got bad press because it came out at the height of punk, it's not that bad.
Only too true. Most of their post ABWH stull is iffy, though Fly From Here isn't too bad.

The uncut part is really comfy honestly