/who/ - Doctor Who General

Rose edition

What does /who/ think of the first episode of the new series? Was it good or was it shit?

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Then_they_discover_they're_stuck_in_a_recursion_and_can't_get_out
youtube.com/watch?v=zo5mfok8Qts
bbc.co.uk/newsround/38341693
youtube.com/watch?v=htHx-LRe9yQ
youtube.com/watch?v=x5_pxsxRULQ
twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/810052489781411840
scriptcity.com/index.php?p=product&id=24509
youtube.com/watch?v=HQbYgj7ZBVI
doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-10-nardole-is-a-full-time-non-human-companion-82018.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Boring
Almost made me drop the show on first watch

reminder that if you're alt-right, this show is not for you and you have to stop watching

It's pretty bad desu.

Fuck you fuck Rose fuck the Ninth Doctor and fuck RTD

calm down m8

"alt right" is a meme identity used to group and strawman those with non-mainstream political views. Anyone who willingly identifies as alt right is a literal idiot

that being said, can we leave politics in the last thread kudasai

>"alt right" is a meme identity used to group and strawman those with non-mainstream political views

Define the political doctrine that all "alt right" people believe in
you can't

you know where you have to go back, I don't need to say it right?

>taking the """high ground""" instead of backing up your argument in any capacity
what did you mean by this

please go

White supremacy

please provide an argument or stop replying so the conversation can die

Now this is the kind of politics that kills the thread.

Shit like this is why gook should get rid of Sup Forums
Why can't Sup Forumscucks just keep this shit in their own containment board?

Does it occur to you that making this post does nothing but derail the thread further?
If you want the conversation to stop, don't reply to it and don't address it any further

Has anyone made a list of the S9 episodes that are not canon due to not falling under the two way canoning rule?

based 2-way canon user trying to save the thread by distracting everybody from the Sup Forums idiot

There are more people in this thread reeeing about the notion of a Sup Forums user than there are actual Sup Forums related posts
You are one of them. Please stop.

this is the 3rd time you've told someone to stop posting about it, gonna follow your own advice anytime soon?

what did making your post just now contribute to the thread about doctor who discussion?
I'm not the Sup Forums user and you're part of the problem

>I'm not the Sup Forums user
sure

don't reply to this, it wouldn't contribute to the thread about doctor who discussion

Rewatching series 9 now and it's still probably my favorite one. Even the weaker episodes still have some good qualities to them, like The Girl who Died which is a pretty fucking dumb but fun and campy episode.

Sleep No More is shit though, fuck that one.

Melodramatic shit, It's less sci-fi than Star Wars, Classic Doctor Who is decent though

I agree, we need to stop talking about politics, which means we should stop the the meta-discussion, which means I should stop talking about the meta-discussion, which mean I should stop talking about talking about the meta-discussion, which means I should stop talking about talking about talking about the meta-discussion, which means I should stop talking about talking about talking about talking about the meta-discussion, which means I should stop talking about talking about talking about talking about talking about the meta-discussion doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Then_they_discover_they're_stuck_in_a_recursion_and_can't_get_out

>It's less sci-fi than Star Wars
Is this supposed to be a bad thing?

>the two way canoning rule
dumb meme desu

>Sleep No More is shit though, fuck that one.
What's so bad about that one?
It feels like generic BFA set in future

>Lil' Davey Tennant on holiday in Japan
>goes to the hot springs
>"Now David you need to take your clothes off"
>"What?"
>"You need to be naked to go in the hot springs"
>"I don't want to show"
>Japan goes underwater due to a flood of tears

>every speck of sleep dust is a biological camera
It's the same as KTM in terms of "contradicting established scientific fact instead of exploring the unknown"

New promo pic:

>Right click
>save in folder: slashwhoslash

I don't know where I am

bump
youtube.com/watch?v=zo5mfok8Qts

I only recently got this meme, having rewatched The Bells of Saint John.

new theme tune
sounds very nice.

peter looks pretty haggard there. I wish he was my dad

Oh shit that's much better than the current one.

Sounds very who-y I hope they actually use it

He seems really tired and out of it in this interview. His answers are pretty bad too.
>so what can you tell us about the new companion?
>well, uh, she doesn't know about the TARDIS and stuff so the Doctor has to explain it to her

Feeling christmasy /who/?
youtube.com/watch?v=htHx-LRe9yQ

youtube.com/watch?v=x5_pxsxRULQ

70s torchwood
weird

Who are these people?

Ed Bazalguett ruining even the behind the scenes!

twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/810052489781411840

What are your thoughts on it having rewatched it.

>Who are these people?

reminder that the script for the unproduced 90s-Doctor-Who-Movie could be yours for merely 15 quid and it would be really sweet if you scanned and shared it with us
scriptcity.com/index.php?p=product&id=24509
the script for Shada is on there as well but as that one costs 40 $ I wouldn't blame you if you were too cheap to buy it

what will BF think of next!

How long until Chris is promoted to showrunner?

strange that Big Finish would put out a release focusing on entirely new characters, only connected to Torchwood via name. It doesn't even feature any actor who previously worked on other Big Finish audios.
Reminds me of the Class-situation. perhaps it's a back-up-plan in case they lose the Torchwood-license?

>BBC America Doctor Who marathon starts at Series 2

I mean someone has got to have 15 bones lying around come on /who/

Woman Who Lived was good fun too despite the cheap budget monster, opinionating humbly.

I enjoyed Woman Who Lived. It felt like I was watching an entirely different show desu.

I actually really love Woman Who Lived, it's probably my favorite of the series behind the obvious GOAT

Immer wenn ich traurig über die Welt bin, muss ich nur noch daran denken, dass Davros die Augen all die Jahre geschlossen hat und ich mich selbst lache.

Provide a more logical rule for determining canonocity (you can't)

should've gone full scifi ambient instead of half way. the upbeat drums kind of kill it desu

>yfw this was just something someone threw together with software instruments for background music during an interview and has absolutely nothing to do with a new opening title theme for the show

very weird seeing them together

>it's real

I like it, far less screechy than the S8-9 theme. Not a fan of the drums though. Wonder if there'll be a new title sequence too?

>yfw you sonic the lights to make them extra brights

There's no reason for them to have provided a new theme for them to use just as background for the interview. There's every possibility that it's actually

Multi doc special WHEN

Reminder that vid related is the most kino nuwho intro
youtube.com/watch?v=HQbYgj7ZBVI

Rewatching season 26 now and it's still probably my favorite one. Even the weaker serials still have some good qualities to them, like The Greatest Show in the Galaxy which is a pretty fucking dumb but fun and campy serial.

The Happiness Patrol is shit though, fuck that one.

>tfw rewatching power of three

I can't tell if it's shit. It's so goddamn comfy and there's even some really beautiful moments and then the ending is just the most undercooked shit that's ever been in Who. Maybe Chibnall will reveal he's been playing the long game and makes the Shakri the Series 11 arc and redeem it

NEW OPENING THEME CONFIRMED

Why would they reveal a new opening theme via something like this?

doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-10-nardole-is-a-full-time-non-human-companion-82018.htm

nardole isn't human?

Because they're a bit retarded. Not the first time such a thing happened.

It sounds new and not fanwank-ish. I'd say it's to show the new direction the show is taking - lighter, funnier.

Some of the promo interviews for Series 8 had bits of the new theme in the background, so very possibly.
Also it's hardly a new theme. It's just the S8 and 9 theme tweaked.
FULL TIME COMPANION
EVERY EPISODE
GOAT

>Not the first time such a thing happened.
Are you sure? Because I don't recall a previous time this has happened. If anything they still use the 2005 theme

The theme in that video feels so empty and underbaked, like it's just done with software instruments (even the drums). Part of me doesn't want it to be the real thing since it's a really weird middle road of howell x modern that doesn't work that well

good for a first attempt but you screwed the grammar up at the end there

Colony Sarff is returning.

Does /who/ agree?

I never understood the love for Listen. It was a nice story and all but not outstanding at all

>Witch's Familiar
>God tier

Terrible story.

Whenever I feel sad about the world, all I have to do is remember Davros just had his eyes shut all them years and I piss myself laughing.

Stale meme. Also you're talking about season 25.

it's a timeless classic tho

is this for the posters or the episodes?

>only 3 tiers
I like Deep Breath a lot more than average, but a lot less than GOD TIER

Imagine the scene from the End of Time where 10 saves Wilf but with 12 and Nardole.

It's not hard to picture 12 in that scene

Except 12 leaves Nardole to die.

>crying and whining "it's not fair"
how the fuck do you picture 12 in that scene?

Three tiers is pretty retarded

literally Heaven Sent
> I can't keep doing this. I can't! I can't always do this! It's not fair! Clara, it's just not fair! Why can't I just lose?

I ah, forgot how awful that scene is.

That's still a completely different tone though

So...why can't the Ponds take a bus to New Jersey and the Doctor can pick them up there?

>flatline
>average
what the fuck user, it's on par with mummy

because the book said that didn't happen and/or let it go user it wasn't a good episode

because Amy is only a possible girl

>let go user

b-but I wanna like it so bad, there's some good scenes and emotions there but it doesn't make any god damn SENSE

But how did the doctor and clala get out of the doctor's timestream when the doctor explicitly says it's impossible?